• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What does your process for getting service look like?

Airforcetxn

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lighting
Occupation
Cyber
At Gene Messer Ford in Amarillo, TX, if you request service on your vehicle, they give you a date to drop the truck off, but they are very clear that the truck will not be worked on that that time. They explain how backlogged they are, but that you have to leave your truck with them to even get on the schedule. So I have to drop my truck off on Monday to maybe get looked at on Thursday. Is this standard practice? Or are you able to drop your truck off at the time it's ready to be looked at?
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
It is NOT for me. My dealer is Don Franklin Ford in Columbia,KY and they are good at giving me an appointment, usually within a week of my call. Further more, if it’s a long service issue (more than 4 hrs) they will schedule it so I have a loaner. Shorter and I just hang out between service and the showroom.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I make an appointment and my dealer sends someone to my house in the morning to pick it up and then someone drops it off later that afternoon. They’ve only kept it overnight when they had to replace the carpet and after a failed SW update.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Many dealers operate this way. I have a small dealership. They have me come the day they're ready, but they know I will come as soon as they say.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
I make an appointment and my dealer sends someone to my house in the morning to pick it up and then someone drops it off later that afternoon. They’ve only kept it overnight when they had to replace the carpet and after a failed SW update.
what? How did a failed update destroy the carpet?

Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
what? How did a failed update destroy the carpet?
Two different visits. I think I’ve had it in 6 times with 4 visits (CSPs and recall) completed same day, 1 taking 2 days (carpet), and 1 taking a week (the SW, which should have been the easiest).

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Stanard Range
It is NOT for me. My dealer is Don Franklin Ford in Columbia,KY and they are good at giving me an appointment, usually within a week of my call. Further more, if it’s a long service issue (more than 4 hrs) they will schedule it so I have a loaner. Shorter and I just hang out between service and the showroom.
Also a Don Franklin customer in Somerset, KY. They are wonderful about getting me in with an appointment and being timely in their work. Can you take it to another dealer?

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I email my Concord, NH Ford Service Representative, he responds with a date and time to bring it in (I’m retired so I can bring it in first thing in the morning). The longest wait has been 3 hours (the Ford servers for updating the programing of the new rear light bar were acting up after a long weekend), then I drive the Lightning home. Sometimes I have to wait several weeks for the appointment, but it hasn’t been problem. They always work with me to get it in.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
Also a Don Franklin customer in Somerset, KY. They are wonderful about getting me in with an appointment and being timely in their work. Can you take it to another dealer?
There is another Ford dealer in Glasgow, about the same distance from me, but I would have to be extremely desperate to even try.

I would be more likely to come to Somerset first.

PS. I think Somerset and Columbia share the same EV Tech (Cody). Seems to be pretty up on what’s what.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
I have never dealt with any shop anywhere that says just drop it and we'll get to it eventually.

Whenever I've had a vehicle scheduled for service, again, at any shop anywhere I've been, it gets looked at that day or the next at latest if it's really busy.

Your dealer is unorganized and understaffed, I would never use them or agree anywhere else to that level of mess.

This all circles back to the lack of skilled techs. They lack the techs because they don't pay, don't waste your money at those places.

Sponsored

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
Randy Wise Ford in Ortonville, MI schedules a day then they come pick up the vehicle in the morning and return it in the afternoon. If it's something that requires parts we've usually already talked and they wait until they're in before scheduling the work date.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
my dealer, Risor Ford in Hot Springs AR, has the same service, called Pickup and Delivery. Appears that it's an optional service offered by some dealers. I love it!

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
At Gene Messer Ford in Amarillo, TX, if you request service on your vehicle, they give you a date to drop the truck off, but they are very clear that the truck will not be worked on that that time. They explain how backlogged they are, but that you have to leave your truck with them to even get on the schedule. So I have to drop my truck off on Monday to maybe get looked at on Thursday. Is this standard practice? Or are you able to drop your truck off at the time it's ready to be looked at?
At least two of the dealers in the Phoenix area do this (Bell Ford and Camelback Ford). So I leave them a terrible review on google, then they respond with a customer relations person's phone number, and when I deal with that person I'm suddenly able to get my truck looked at the same day and get a loaner car.

Their claim is they have to have the truck on their lot to have a repair order, and they have to have a repair order to have it on their schedule. Reality is they do it this way to ensure their techs are never idle, and they're willing to expend every bit of customer goodwill to get there.

OP
OP

Airforcetxn

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lighting
Occupation
Cyber
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I called another dealership (Tri-State Ford) here in Amarillo and their policy seemed much more reasonable.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
At least two of the dealers in the Phoenix area do this (Bell Ford and Camelback Ford). So I leave them a terrible review on google, then they respond with a customer relations person's phone number, and when I deal with that person I'm suddenly able to get my truck looked at the same day and get a loaner car.

Their claim is they have to have the truck on their lot to have a repair order, and they have to have a repair order to have it on their schedule. Reality is they do it this way to ensure their techs are never idle, and they're willing to expend every bit of customer goodwill to get there.
Camelback really is awful. I now go to Chapman.
Sponsored