• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

What's Your 2024 Lightning Order Status?

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bolt, shopping for 2024 Flash
Occupation
Retired
Thanks. It doesn't look like any of the order numbers for build and price actually work on this site.
You have an order number and VIN for your order, yet the Ford-US link for vehicle order tracking produces no result?
Sponsored

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
This nugget of data is great to know that the production hold / repair` / shipping is showing signs of resolution.
Several weeks ago I asked one local dealer to check on 6 Lightning Flash vehicles he had on order. They had all been built by January or February but had been sitting in Dearborn on a quality assurance hold since then.

He's been advertising all of these on his website, with their window stickers. I looked them up on the Ford vehicle status page today.

One has shipped, and another is about to ship. !!!

Lomilar

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F150 Lightning Flash (on order)
How are you able to tell they are shipping? Are they getting a window sticker?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
the dealer I bought mine from has a flash listed on the website now with a window sticker. So they must be starting to move.

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
How are you able to tell they are shipping? Are they getting a window sticker?
The dealer has been advertising these vehicles, and many more 2024 Lightnings, on his website. I assume the ads went up when they were built and placed in holding lots. Each ad has a link to a window sticker.

The dealer claimed to be able to get more info from Ford than is available to mere users like me. He said the info he could get from Ford was that they were "built", but they were all sitting in a lot subject to "quality assurance" holds.

When I checked the order numbers and VINs from the window stickers of the vehicles I was interested in, using Ford.com "check order status", they were all listed as "In Production".

I thought I'd check again a few days ago. The status on some had changed from "In Production" to "Built". One had changed to "Shipped". I concluded that "In Production" can mean already built but sitting in a holding pen subject to quality assurance. The fact that one changed to "Built", then only a few days later it changed to "Shipped" seemed very encouraging. In this case the change to "built" seems to mean liberated from the quality assurance holding lot. I'll be checking every few days to confirm.

It seems possible that all the Lightnings that were in the quality assurance holding lots will be hitting the market soon, which may make dealers more willing to grant concessions to move them off their lots. My understanding is there were thousands of them held up like this.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I thought I'd check again a few days ago. The status on some had changed from "In Production" to "Built". One had changed to "Shipped". I concluded that "In Production" can mean already built but sitting in a holding pen subject to quality assurance. The fact that one changed to "Built", then only a few days later it changed to "Shipped" seemed very encouraging. In this case the change to "built" seems to mean liberated from the quality assurance holding lot. I'll be checking every few days to confirm.
All correct.

climateguy

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
MSN.com article published May 21: "Kumar Galhotra, Ford chief operating officer, tells us that the Lightning will begin shipping again later this month"

ElectrifyNews, May 28: "Back in February, Ford had issued a stop-ship on the Lightning to perform quality checks. The quality checks are now complete, and the Lightning is currently shipping from Ford’s Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan"

Sponsored
OP
OP
TreatYoSelf

TreatYoSelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3 - 2018 Mercedes GLE 43 AMG
Occupation
Ad Man
MSN.com article published May 21: "Kumar Galhotra, Ford chief operating officer, tells us that the Lightning will begin shipping again later this month"

ElectrifyNews, May 28: "Back in February, Ford had issued a stop-ship on the Lightning to perform quality checks. The quality checks are now complete, and the Lightning is currently shipping from Ford’s Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan"
Good to hear from the COO that things are moving. My truck has been sitting in a lot since the February battery fire outside of Ford’s factory… I mean, since the “quality assurance hold.”

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...ttery-fire-dearborn-police-video/70134293007/

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor