• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wave 7 - Dealer Change

Dalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Explorer
Was fortunate to be one of the few to get a wave 7 invite. However, upon working through my build there is now a $10k ADM (after being told for a year, no ADM). I have another dealer lined up that has confirmed in writing no ADM and will honor MSRP but I’m seeing mixed info on switching dealers through Ford Corporate for wave 7 specifically. Anyone in Wave 7 done this and still been able to successfully order?
Sponsored

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
I don't have the answer you're looking for, but if you don't find a dealership with remaining allocations that you can switch to, you could always burn everything down with you. I mean that if you're not willing to pay their ADM, then if you never make an order until the expiration date, then they will lose the allocation and entire sale. You would also lose your reservation that way.

They cannot switch the allocation to a new reservation holder now because that information was due to Ford on Friday the 10th. So they have to get you to put in an order. Unless they can order on your behalf and keep the truck, you can threaten them back and say that you're willing to just let it expire. If they believe you, then they have a choice of losing out on the entire sale and truck, or making 10% of the MSRP value if they sell it to you at the right price.

Since only Lariats are available, you might be able to extend your reservation still (check with Ford on that). That might make them lose their allocation too since it's after June 10th. If so, that would be a negotiating tactic you could use with less severe implications for you (reservation pushed to next year), but possibly the same loss of sale for them.

Negotiate and play hardball.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
In your same boat, I called the ford reservation line and the lady did say my order may be delayed. But, I checked right after and I was still in the wave and then ordered!

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I have ordered in Wave 7, with no dealer markup on the order form. I am worried that the dealer will charge more once the vehicle is delivered. Two questions:

1. Does anyone have any experience with changing dealers after the order, if it is even possible?

2. Any solid advice on holding the dealer's feet to the fire? From what I read on Ford's ordering information, the final selling price is not established until the dealer and the buyer sign the Purchase Agreement.

One thought on #2 comes from Skidrowe's "burn it down" comment above. I could try to cancel the order. I might lose my $100 reservation and $500 order deposit, but they would lose the sale. I'm not sure if I can even do that, because it's their vehicle, not mine. The Order FAQ's are not clear on this.

Can I cancel, transfer or assign my Order after submission?

You must contact your Dealer to cancel your Order and request a refund of your Order Deposit. If your Order is cancelled (by you or the Dealer), the Order Deposit will be refunded pursuant to the Dealer’s refund policy. You may not transfer or assign your Order or any other rights under the Terms and Conditions.

What happens to the Reservation Deposit?

You may request a full refund of your Reservation Deposit at any time prior to placing an order request. Once you have placed your order request and it is accepted by your Dealer, all deposits will be subject to the Dealer’s refund policy. Your Reservation Deposit may be applied by the Dealer towards the purchase price of your vehicle. Please ask your Dealer for their refund policy before placing your order request.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Answering my own question here. My thoughts are coming together. How to nail them down on price:

I'm going to go to my dealer and tell them that I would like to prepare my garage for the new vehicle, but I have some uncertainty on the purchase price. If they are charging ADM, I may not be interested. So before I spend money on electrical, I want a binding commitment on the purchase price.

Will report back.

Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
What happens to the Reservation Deposit?
Your reservation deposit may be refundable, but the order deposit is separate (paid at time of order) and may not be refundable. The dealer's paperwork should state this. I, for one, would make sure the order deposit was fully refundable. Reasoning: A cancellation by buyer would be very favorable to the dealer (they still get the truck and can markup on their lot) and... interest rates/timing. It would be nice to have a safe "out" as so much can change between now and delivery.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
In your same boat, I called the ford reservation line and the lady did say my order may be delayed. But, I checked right after and I was still in the wave and then ordered!
Did you change dealers before placing your Wave 7 order? Did the new dealer accept and submit your order for scheduling? Did you have to reach out to the new dealer to verify they had an allocation available for your order? So many questions...

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
They cannot switch the allocation to a new reservation holder now because that information was due to Ford on Friday the 10th. So they have to get you to put in an order. Unless they can order on your behalf and keep the truck, you can threaten them back and say that you're willing to just let it expire. If they believe you, then they have a choice of losing out on the entire sale and truck, or making 10% of the MSRP value if they sell it to you at the right price.
Unsubmitted Wave 7 invitations still have the option to extend, which may mean a dealer would have an open allocation with no invitation to order attached. Since the invitations come from Ford, who knows if they would be able to tag another reservation holder to that allocation, or just hope that another invited customer transfers to them. This would potentially solve the problem of losing your reservation/spot in line.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
On the order screen when you "choose" your trim, is there an option to extend your reservation ?

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
Unsubmitted Wave 7 invitations still have the option to extend, which may mean a dealer would have an open allocation with no invitation to order attached. Since the invitations come from Ford, who knows if they would be able to tag another reservation holder to that allocation, or just hope that another invited customer transfers to them. This would potentially solve the problem of losing your reservation/spot in line.
Yes, I agree. If an ordering customer waits until the very last day of the order period (I don't know it for wave 7 off the top of my head), then they'd be extending their order while ensuring that the dealership doesn't have the time to transfer the allocation to another customer. With there being no more waves coming (subject to change), the dealership essentially loses that allocation and sale. Maybe Ford would give them an extra one for 2023 orders, maybe not. It still seems like a possibly way to negotiate an appropriate price without losing ones reservation should the dealership choose not to negotiate.

Sponsored

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
On the order screen when you "choose" your trim, is there an option to extend your reservation ?
Yes. It appears to be exactly the same as the previous waves. The main difference is the targeting of specific reservation holders by dealer, but once you were tagged by the dealer for the invitation, everything coming from Ford was exactly the same.

dingle87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150
If I've learned anything from being a Bronco reservation holder the last 2 years, dealerships and Ford will figure out a way to get that allocation on the dealer lot. Whether it's for a customer or a dealer stock unit, the dealership will get the Lightning.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
If I've learned anything from being a Bronco reservation holder the last 2 years, dealerships and Ford will figure out a way to get that allocation on the dealer lot. Whether it's for a customer or a dealer stock unit, the dealership will get the Lightning.
I agree. I think the biggest unanswered question is what happens if a wave 7 order invitation is moved to a dealer with no open allocations? Will Ford find a way to fill it for the new dealer? Will it be rolled to MY2023 (then what happens to pricing)? Will it be rejected/cancelled by the new dealer and customer loses the reservation spot? Can you move it back to the ADM dealer like nothing ever happened? Major implications here for a customer, the biggest being you're cancelled and at the back of the line. Ford won't answer.

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
Did you change dealers before placing your Wave 7 order? Did the new dealer accept and submit your order for scheduling? Did you have to reach out to the new dealer to verify they had an allocation available for your order? So many questions...
I did not pay the deposit on my wave 7 order. I did spec it out but then afterwards i saw the ADM and decided not to proceed with my deposit. I then called ford and told to them transfer my reservation to the other dealer which in this forums said did not charge adm. I did not check if that dealer had allocation. I was able to immediately check that on the ordering page, I had to resubmit the spec I wanted and then the deposit.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
I did not pay the deposit on my wave 7 order. I did spec it out but then afterwards i saw the ADM and decided not to proceed with my deposit. I then called ford and told to them transfer my reservation to the other dealer which in this forums said did not charge adm. I did not check if that dealer had allocation. I was able to immediately check that on the ordering page, I had to resubmit the spec I wanted and then the deposit.
Good info. Thanks. Did the new dealer accept/submit your order?
Sponsored