• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I want to get my windows tinted but I have always had a problem with seeing things without lots of illumination. If an area is not well lit, I have trouble making out detail while trying to view things. The tint at night seems to do my vision a great disservice. :(
The windshield is practically clear. I've had regular tint on a windshield before and never again..it was too dark. Likewise for side windows. My last f150 I went 5% and it was very nice, but too dark at night and often during parking I would lower my window to see clearly if backing up etc. The other issue I ran into was the daytime auto headlamps were on a lot even in bright light because the sensor sensed it was dark in the cab or near nighttime conditions.

This time around going with the 15% up on the front 2 it alleviated the problem. You can see in a bit during the day, but that's a solid compromise to have better visibility at night and no issues with auto lighting.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I want to get my windows tinted but I have always had a problem with seeing things without lots of illumination. If an area is not well lit, I have trouble making out detail while trying to view things. The tint at night seems to do my vision a great disservice. :(
35% on all windows might work for you.

It's just enough tint to give a good look, block UV, and if you get a higher quality tint also some heat reflection. Most of what you are seeing here online is 20% or lower I'd guess.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Has anyone added Footwell lighting to a PRO or XLT?
So the link I referenced above is actually a split from the 14th gen forum we used to be a part of. Their thread is 51 pages! They have done all sorts of retrofits including adding the missing lights on the doors. I suggest starting there. Here a link: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...ia-bin-light-glove-box-light.8385/post-302374.
This guy added in footwell lights using the media bin part number. Note the media bin light uses just two wires so should be easy to tap into an existing light circuit.

Back in ’21 we were just a subforum there but the admins decided we needed our own website. But so many mods are similar that if you want even more ideas what to do with your F150, you should read that forum. There are tons more ICE F150s so their “What did you do” thread is 224 pages: https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-f-150-today.1314/

Last edited:

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I added the Ford bed mat with Ford pass points along with the Ford OEM all weather mats. It has a nice thickness and is preventing stuff from sliding around. I spent the nice weather day applying plastic ceramic coating to the mirrors, tailgate and other areas with black plastic. I'll end up coating the entire car myself when I have more time to do a paint correction. Only thing I have left to do is add a tailgate damper in the short term.

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_4783.JPG

Sponsored

KennyB123

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning
I added the Ford bed mat with Ford pass points along with the Ford OEM all weather mats. It has a nice thickness and is preventing stuff from sliding around. I spent the nice weather day applying plastic ceramic coating to the mirrors, tailgate and other areas with black plastic. I'll end up coating the entire car myself when I have more time to do a paint correction. Only thing I have left to do is add a tailgate damper in the short term.

IMG_4783.JPG
Can you do a how to with the ceramic coating in the appropriate section of the forum? I'd love to see the products you use and how you apply them.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Can you do a how to with the ceramic coating in the appropriate section of the forum? I'd love to see the products you use and how you apply them.
no problem . This will be my 5th vehicle I’ve applied ceramic to. I enjoy it as it’s a hobby, but at the same time dread it because it is labor intensive. This is why all the shops charge so much. The ceramic portion is easy, it is all the prep to get the paint ready that is taxing. When I do it I’ll be sure to add a post about it.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I don't want to take anything away from what @256fail will share and document, but if you have some time and want to invest in a tool and good products you can do this yourself. There is nothing magic about detailing and coating, it is just labor intensive.

Get a good double action buffer, watch some videos, start with an older car, maybe do your mom's for her, she'll love it and you'll learn.

Don't skip the steps. Use a good clay bar. Then prep the paint and use a good coating.

My preference is Gyeon. Love the way the products go on and their durability.

I bought from and watched many videos from https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon.html

I've done 3 prior cars now. Started with my 2014 F150, then two Model 3's and when the temps warm up going to do the Lightning.

I love sharing this picture - the truck was over 3 years old and had never been even waxed until I prepped and then applied Gyeon Quartz to it.

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_2938

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Added Bull rings to the bed.
Curious, why the straight ones and not the angled? I’ve never had them before so I don’t know.
Sponsored