• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
No issue. Slid right in and up. Locked right in. I have a very thick bedliner. Thicker than most and it isn’t an issue.
my wife’s XLT has the premium LineX liner and it isn’t an issue there either.
These are the Ford OEM plates and cleats. I know some people buy the China knock offs off Amazon, which I understand, but that may be their issue…. 🤷‍♂️
Mine were a Bitch to slide in the slots, I loosened the torx fasteners a bit to get them in and locked down, then I tightened the fasteners.
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Mine were a Bitch to slide in the slots, I loosened the torx fasteners a bit to get them in and locked down, then I tightened the fasteners.
Did the same with my BedRug liner installed. There was no way I was going to be able the slid them in otherwise.

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
I had a few hours between rain storms here in northern CA so I made the most of it.

First up I removed the beeping thing for the frunk. This was pretty easy thanks to the videos posted here and on youtube.

Installed the FixcamX rear dash cam. I've looked at doing this twice before and wasn't happy with the cabling route and possible airbag interference I've seen in tutorials. This time I took a different approach and used a glow rod and ran the cable down the middle of the headliner. This keeps it WAY out of the way of airbags, which was critical for me.

Installed the BuiltRight rear set latch. I have these in my raptor and love the storage space they gain access to. It's a great spot to keep a charger, or a first aid kit.

Installed the OEM tailgate damper and removed the amazon one. I'm torn on this, the Amazon one was smoother at the bottom as the tailgate lands, but not as smooth at the top. I'll be keeping the amazon one and possibly switching back at some point.

Installed a screen protector that actually looks really good. It doesn't show fingerprints at all compared to the the OEM screen surface and will hopefully protect it from scratches.

Finally I gave it a good bath. Of course, it started raining right as I finished, but it was worth it to get all the mud that's accumulated on it from driving in the storms.

IMG_6277.jpg

IMG_6282.jpg

IMG_6283.jpg

IMG_6284.jpg

IMG_6285.jpg

IMG_6287.jpg

IMG_6295.jpg

IMG_6288.jpg

IMG_6289.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg
I really like the look of the Fitcamx front but also a bit concerned about the wire routing for the rear. Can you explain a bit more about the wiring you did for the rear? Thanks

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I really like the look of the Fitcamx front but also a bit concerned about the wire routing for the rear. Can you explain a bit more about the wiring you did for the rear? Thanks
It's a very clean instal and so far my only complaint is that the rear camera should have been designed the other way around(it's currently up side down).

For the wire routing, I removed the trim around the drivers side rear door to get a clear shot above the headliner. I also remove the overhead console which gave me enough space to send a 6ft glow rod from the back of the rear door opening above the headliner all the way to the whole where the overhead console is. I placed a pull string and then got that more in the middle of the headliner in the back. There are white plastic things that keep existing wires away from the airbags, they are around a foot into the headliner. I made sure my pull string was on the other side of that all the way at the back of the headliner, then slowly pulled the actual wire through. Once I had it on both ends, I pulled it tight in the middle of the back of the headliner, which centered the cable well out of the way of the airbags. I gathered the excess wire and tucked it in the back of the headliner.

The only thing about this method is that it will not work if you have a sunroof. You may still be able to run the wire on the inside away from the airbags, but using a long glow rod and the overhead console wouldn't be feasible.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I just installed my emporia charger. I’ve had my truck for a week and was using the ford mobile charger which worked fine. I plan to leave that in the truck now. I’m really happy with how easy the install was. It’s nice to control all the charging features and nerd out about charging data now.

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 1B6E4F08-C451-45F3-91BD-CB5CE86701F3

Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L ER Lariat - 2022 Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
General Manager - Factory Select Homes

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I just installed my emporia charger. I’ve had my truck for a week and was using the ford mobile charger which worked fine. I plan to leave that in the truck now. I’m really happy with how easy the install was. It’s nice to control all the charging features and nerd out about charging data now.

1B6E4F08-C451-45F3-91BD-CB5CE86701F3.jpeg
Love my Emporia as well, great choice! I installed my Emporia outdoors and found the LEDs a little bright. I ordered some LightDim stickers in white off Amazon and muted the LED lights.

I'm keeping my AmpRoad mobile charger in the vehicle.

xwing

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Got my truck back from ceramic coating today and of course it rained, so got a good test of water sheeting.

Got home and installed the AMP Research Bed Extender and the American Flag tail gate raised letters. I'm not sure I like the red stripes on the flag with the red truck. I may look in to getting blue stripes that match the F-

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? PXL_20230116_220012171
Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? PXL_20230116_215845422
Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? PXL_20230116_220033557

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Needed one ICE Vehicle and though the Lightning is AMAZING, wife is not letting go of her MachE GTPE.

Found 21 Limited with no "Deleted Options", and we traded "down" to a Limited Powerboost!
The Lightning will be missed dearly!

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_20230116_220737

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I added back in three of the ambient lights that were deleted for 2022 (and I presume still for 2023): cupholder ring, console storage area, and glove box. Note footwell lights were included already.
Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 20230118_004243902_iOS (Large) - Copy

EDIT: It’s all documented here: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...llation-media-bin-light-glove-box-light.8385/. See the first post for part numbers then start on page 8 for installation hints and pictures. It is plug and play but the harnesses are not there. Thread explains how to get them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I added back in three of the ambient lights that were deleted for 2022 (and I presume still for 2023): cupholder ring, console storage area, and glove box. Note footwell lights were included already.
View attachment 63346
How involved was this? Plug and play in existing harnesses, or what?

Part numbers?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
How involved was this? Plug and play in existing harnesses, or what?

Part numbers?
It’s all documented here: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...llation-media-bin-light-glove-box-light.8385/.
See the first post for part numbers then start on page 8 for installation hints and pictures. It is plug and play but the harnesses are not there. Thread explains how to get them.
Note you do not need to remove the lower trims or slide back the console for a Lightning with the large screen.

Edit: I’ll also note that I discovered that there is a sliding cover over the media bin. It has been open from day 1 so I never knew about it. Push the silver bar and it magically glides closed! I discovered this when removing the upper side panels.

Last edited:

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Full Llumar ceramic tint all around including Air80 on the windshield.

Front/ side/ rear windows 15% Llumar IRX
Windshield Llumar Air80 80%

This is what I do for all my vehicles as it greatly reduces the heat during our hot summers.

Ford F-150 Lightning 🙋‍♂️ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 077C1B8F-825B-42F3-8E3E-0B1F2CD0193D

Last edited:

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Has anyone added Footwell lighting to a PRO or XLT?

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Full Llumar ceramic tint all around including Air80 on the windshield.

Front/ side/ rear windows 15% Llumar IRX
Windshield Llumar Air80 80%

This is what I do for all my vehicles as it greatly reduces the heat during our hot summers.

077C1B8F-825B-42F3-8E3E-0B1F2CD0193D.jpeg

I want to get my windows tinted but I have always had a problem with seeing things without lots of illumination. If an area is not well lit, I have trouble making out detail while trying to view things. The tint at night seems to do my vision a great disservice. :(
Sponsored