• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Help deciding on purchase

OP
OP

el_babo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 SVT Raptor
Oh, I'll shut up then. I'm showing my noobness. Thank you again.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
While that's a nice truck, it lacks the Max Trailer Tow Package and the Spray in Bedliner that many other demos have, and they still qualify for the tax credit with an MSRP under $80k.

OP
OP

el_babo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 SVT Raptor
It has a spray in bedliner, not sure why it isn't listed. Good info though.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
My slot finally came up to order my lightning but I'm hesitant because the MSRP is now above the 80k tax credit limit and it just bothers me to pay that much more.
I have essentially the same vehicle and color. Definitely buy it.
I am curious that you say your slot came up. Did you get the invite to order in the past week or is this from an earlier wave back in Jan or Feb? My understanding is that the wave 8 invites for March have not gone out yet. I got an invite to order back in December and on my account page the order window has not opened back up.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
It has a spray in bedliner, not sure why it isn't listed. Good info though.
They added after delivery, the original order maker was anxious to get it produced and delivered quickly, funny though the truck was built last Summer, been sitting waiting for you all this time, go get her!

Build prior to the Sticker consolidation date of August 26 2022
Ford F-150 Lightning Help deciding on purchase 1679178447187

OP
OP

el_babo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 SVT Raptor
My wave was January, sorry I didn't mean to infer I had just gotten it.

I have essentially the same vehicle and color. Definitely buy it.
I am curious that you say your slot came up. Did you get the invite to order in the past week or is this from an earlier wave back in Jan or Feb? My understanding is that the wave 8 invites for March have not gone out yet. I got an invite to order back in December and on my account page the order window has not opened back up.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Its a good deal at that price..*appears* like it will qualify for tax credit if you otherwise are eligible.

I say buy it if it works for you.

Consult a tax professional regarding tax credit, but as others have said(and I agree) tax credit appears in play

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Ask about extended bumper to bumper for it being a demo. It should be possible to get 42months/42k miles, though I don't know the exact details. Others here have gotten it, I'm still pestering my dealer about it. The warranty start date is the date they put it into service as a demo, so you'll lose that time for connected services and warranties.

That said, I don't regret buying mine one bit. I couldn't find anyone willing to go down to msrp, so you have a great price! Get a 240v outlet installed to use with the mobile charger (should be in the truck) while waiting for SunRun to ship the charge station pro (one month in they still haven't shipped mine).

I've only had one problem, the lumbar on the driver seat doesn't work. Have an appointment on the 28th to get it fixed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

el_babo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 SVT Raptor
I bought it today! It came with the 42 month/42k warranty, now considering getting extra from the Granger deal here on the forum. To be clear that is not on top of the 3 yr/36k MI one that it comes with the vehicle right? It's just parallel?

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Congrats!

If you don't mind, how did the dealer do the extension? Mine is useless in that regard.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I bought it today! It came with the 42 month/42k warranty, now considering getting extra from the Granger deal here on the forum. To be clear that is not on top of the 3 yr/36k MI one that it comes with the vehicle right? It's just parallel?
It's 42 months/42k from when it was placed into service.

OP
OP

el_babo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 SVT Raptor
It's 42 months/42k from when it was placed into service.
Sorry I mean if I buy the additional PremiumCare from Granger. Why do they even sell 36k/3 yr if the manufacturers bumper to bumper is that long and included in the sale?...
Sponsored