• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 11/14 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Wesley

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford raptor
Occupation
Retired
Back when we ordered we were kind of on the fence about whether we should order or not. We decided if it was delivered before the new year then we'd complete the purchase but not if it came in 2023. Unfortunately, it didn't arrive during the estimated delivery window. I'd reached out to my dealer rep for an update multiple times in December and they never responded, which was pretty annoying when I was watching the last few days of December slip away.

While we won't be taking delivery, I'll still monitor my order and update my information on here so you have the data. Today I checked and our estimated delivery date updated to 1/21/23-1/27/23. Will keep you posted as this progresses.
Once we were 17, now we are 7. Looks like there will be a bunch of Lightnings on dealer lots in January. Wonder what will happen to ADM.
Sponsored

Yabra2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Annoyed today, just checked Ford account and now my shipping estimate has moved back to between January 9 and 15. So no truck yet and not for a while. It is hard to understand how later built weeks already have they vehicle and mine now has been shipped for 10 days. So it will be around 20 days for shipping, assuming I will actually get it. In the meantime we are a one car family so very inconvenient.

Did u contact Ford customer service about status? They could tell u the last rail check point and rail car number..

Last time I contacted them they mentioned my truck now is eta 1/20 at dealer

Harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE; '18 Pacifica Ltd
Back when we ordered we were kind of on the fence about whether we should order or not. We decided if it was delivered before the new year then we'd complete the purchase but not if it came in 2023. Unfortunately, it didn't arrive during the estimated delivery window. I'd reached out to my dealer rep for an update multiple times in December and they never responded, which was pretty annoying when I was watching the last few days of December slip away.

While we won't be taking delivery, I'll still monitor my order and update my information on here so you have the data. Today I checked and our estimated delivery date updated to 1/21/23-1/27/23. Will keep you posted as this progresses.
Same here. I contacted my dealer excited that it would come in before Christmas, with no reply. Two nearly identical Lightnings (mine, plus another exactly like it with a bed liner added) were sitting in the rail yard together. They picked that one up and delivered it to my dealer 12/27. Mine still sits at the railyard while my expected delivery date keeps getting pushed.

I was ready to take delivery with the tax incentive in 2022.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
For those installing the Ford Charger Pro through Sunrun you should know that it takes several weeks for them to get you on the schedule. In Virginia I had to have an inspection performed by the county before permitting could be approved. Took about 8 weeks for that process then Sunrun setup an appointment date and completed the install. From start to finish including permitting was about 12 weeks.
This varies by location and whether or not SunRun is the actual contractor. In many places, SunRun is only a middle-man and hires local electricians or contractors to do the work and they mark it up significantly.

I was surprised that I got the email to confirm my shipping address for the FCSP yesterday (January 3rd) as I only took delivery of my truck on December 30th. And of course there was holiday down-time over the weekend/monday.

I've had couple electricians sent out to my place by SunRun for quotes as I was trying to get some numbers to do the home integration setup. Not going to happen as it's just too expensive no matter how I look at it. I need a service and panel upgrade and the panel location is a significant run to the garage location for the FCSP. One of the electricians that SunRun sent out is a contractor I've worked with before and I'm going to have them do the work, although not billed or handled through SunRun. Not doing the integration system with power backup from the truck -- it's just too expensive for what it is.

Yanni Cake

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
Same here. I contacted my dealer excited that it would come in before Christmas, with no reply. Two nearly identical Lightnings (mine, plus another exactly like it with a bed liner added) were sitting in the rail yard together. They picked that one up and delivered it to my dealer 12/27. Mine still sits at the railyard while my expected delivery date keeps getting pushed.

I was ready to take delivery with the tax incentive in 2022.
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully there aren't too many others in a similar situation. I would love to be able to get some insight into the methodology Ford use for shipping, seems confusing, fascinating, and maybe not too methodical.

Sponsored

tlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER; 2022 Wrangler 4xe
Annoyed today, just checked Ford account and now my shipping estimate has moved back to between January 9 and 15. So no truck yet and not for a while. It is hard to understand how later built weeks already have they vehicle and mine now has been shipped for 10 days. So it will be around 20 days for shipping, assuming I will actually get it. In the meantime we are a one car family so very inconvenient.
At least you have shipped. Mine has not and eta keeps moving back. Radio silence from dealer and ford cs is not any help either. One of my colleagues was two weeks behind me on everything and has his. I am pretty annoyed as well, especially since the price jumped $7500 this week on it

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Did u contact Ford customer service about status? They could tell u the last rail check point and rail car number..

Last time I contacted them they mentioned my truck now is eta 1/20 at dealer
I called customer service and they told me that they only have the expected delivery date and no other information. They basically said, what for the email or a call from your dealer. It was not very helpful.

Srh9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning on Order
Morning all. 7 of you left.
UserNameLocationBuild WeekBlend DateIn Production DateBuiltShippedEstimated Arrival DateArrival DateTrimBattery
Srh9SC11/14/202211/15/202211/15/202211/25/202212/1/202212/21/2022LariatER
HarrysiiiNH11/14/202211/16/202211/16/202211/28/202212/4/202212/16/2022LariatER
WesleyFL11/14/202211/17/202211/16/202212/15/20221/4/2023LariatER
balucipherFL11/14/202211/17/202211/17/202212/9/202212/31/2022LariatER
Yabra2WA11/14/202211/18/202211/18/202212/9/202212/16/20221/7/2022LariatER
tlinKS11/14/202211/19/202211/20/202212/15/2022LariatER
Yanni CakeGA11/14/202211/20/202211/20/202212/9/202212/27/2022LariatER
My apologies, I have been traveling. Arrival to dealer was on the 14th. Took delivery the 17th.

Harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine was delivered to the dealer today at 11:58am.

Harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mine was delivered to the dealer today at 11:58am.
Unfortunately I didn't take it in big part to missing out on the 2022 tax rebate/incentives. :-\ Dealer was excellent to work with and immediately refunded my $1000 deposit. Still....a sad day. :'(

Sponsored

Wesley

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford raptor
Occupation
Retired
Finally in shipped status. Sticker says convoy but it is being shipped via CSX. CSX indicates that the railroad car has not been picked up yet. Ford says ETA 1/3-1/9. Curious as to how they think it could be here before it leaves Area oops Ramp 51.

tlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER; 2022 Wrangler 4xe
Just updated for another delay of nearly a month. I will probably get my Ram EV before this leaves Detroit. 1/28 to 2/3 ETA now

Dolio

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Carbonized Gray
This varies by location and whether or not SunRun is the actual contractor. In many places, SunRun is only a middle-man and hires local electricians or contractors to do the work and they mark it up significantly.

I was surprised that I got the email to confirm my shipping address for the FCSP yesterday (January 3rd) as I only took delivery of my truck on December 30th. And of course there was holiday down-time over the weekend/monday.

I've had couple electricians sent out to my place by SunRun for quotes as I was trying to get some numbers to do the home integration setup. Not going to happen as it's just too expensive no matter how I look at it. I need a service and panel upgrade and the panel location is a significant run to the garage location for the FCSP. One of the electricians that SunRun sent out is a contractor I've worked with before and I'm going to have them do the work, although not billed or handled through SunRun. Not doing the integration system with power backup from the truck -- it's just too expensive for what it is.
Similar for me, took delivery on 31st and got sunrun address confirmation email on the 4th.

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
So after many delays and Ford showing my delivery passed back to next week, somehow I finally got lucky and my truck arrived yesterday. Thanks to some forum members I was well prepared and the delivery was smooth. Drove it home at 7pm last night. Will spend some time today learning all the features and buttons. A big change from my 2014 Silverado. This thing is more complicated than the aircraft I fly !

drdirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
So I thought I would close out my "delivery thread" with a quick note on the stuff I did BEFORE I picked up my truck from the dealer to prepare for ownership.

* Ordered Bakflip MX4 bed cover, I had it on my Silverado and liked it.
* Ordered Weathertech mats for the whole truck. I have a dog and drive off road a lot so want to keep as clean as possible
* Installed 14 50 plug in my garage
* ordered coolant, yellow antifreeze. Seems like I will need it.
* downloaded the app and set up on my phone.

I think it helped making the process smoother and will get my the accessories I know I will need closer to the time of my delivery.

Only have 50 miles on it but like it a lot. Then again, I am comparing to vintage 2014 Silverado. Best of luck to everyone, drive safe!
Sponsored