• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 11/14 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E GTPE; '18 Pacifica Ltd
what was the original?
12/10-12/16. I figure another week before it arrives at the dealer. They like to sit at the rail yard in MA for at least 7 days it seems. :-/
Sponsored

wilmerfjohnson

First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT SR,2021 Bronco, 2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner
On Dec 13 I got an arrival push back email, originally Dec 11, now Dec 21 -27. Received assembly line photo Dec 14, I think it is the wrong truck. It appears to be black in the photo, supposed to be antimatter blue. Hoping it is the lighting making it look black, or the wrong photo - and not a misbuild.

Harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Dec 13 I got an arrival push back email, originally Dec 11, now Dec 21 -27. Received assembly line photo Dec 14, I think it is the wrong truck. It appears to be black in the photo, supposed to be antimatter blue. Hoping it is the lighting making it look black, or the wrong photo - and not a misbuild.
I bet it is Antimatter Blue. They look very close to black in dark lighting. My pic also looks black but is Antimatter Blue. That's the main reason I wanted this color. :)

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 11/14 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 20221215-Lightning Assembly Line Pic 01

Harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I bet it is Antimatter Blue. They look very close to black in dark lighting. My pic also looks black but is Antimatter Blue. That's the main reason I wanted this color. :)

20221215-Lightning Assembly Line Pic 01.jpg
You can see the blue in that, though...barely

tlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER; 2022 Wrangler 4xe
Went to the dealer to complete paperwork in order to save time at delivery. Dealer required a background check prior to purchase. First time out of my 20+ new vehicles that a dealer required a background check before they would allow the purchase. They also did not honor the reservation or order deposit against the purchase price. Anyone else? Dealer has not made a great initial impression at all during this process and has not improved my opinion of moving to a direct sale model.

Sponsored

Harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Went to the dealer to complete paperwork in order to save time at delivery. Dealer required a background check prior to purchase. First time out of my 20+ new vehicles that a dealer required a background check before they would allow the purchase. They also did not honor the reservation or order deposit against the purchase price. Anyone else? Dealer has not made a great initial impression at all during this process and has not improved my opinion of moving to a direct sale model.
Yes, I have heard many confirmation that price is only locked in once the order is placed. Reservation or deposit do not lock in pricing.

Very strange on the background check part........credit check, of course, if you're financing through them. Strange.

tlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER; 2022 Wrangler 4xe
Yes, I have heard many confirmation that price is only locked in once the order is placed. Reservation or deposit do not lock in pricing.

Very strange on the background check part........credit check, of course, if you're financing through them. Strange.
Yeah, I understand for credit, but this is a cash deal. Also, price locked at MSRP, but my understanding was the deposits would be applied against the purchase price. There was also a $499 Admin fee added, which I thought was a little underhanded as well after agreeing to an MSRP only deal, but I did not challenge that.

Harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yeah, I understand for credit, but this is a cash deal. Also, price locked at MSRP, but my understanding was the deposits would be applied against the purchase price. There was also a $499 Admin fee added, which I thought was a little underhanded as well after agreeing to an MSRP only deal, but I did not challenge that.
Yeah, likely always the $400+ admin fee, which is awful. The deposit should come off if it was through the dealer. If through the Ford website, I believe they mail that back to you and it doesn't come off the total.

SilverBrewer

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Y'all have any idea what the threshold for convoy vs rail? My dealer is 231 miles from DTP so I am curious if she's coming rail or convoy, just looking at the delivery estimate it looks like it is convoy but meh?

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Got across the finish line!!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 11/14 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) C750E38D-8D65-4083-B4B5-740213C32EA5

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Y'all have any idea what the threshold for convoy vs rail? My dealer is 231 miles from DTP so I am curious if she's coming rail or convoy, just looking at the delivery estimate it looks like it is convoy but meh?
Average transit time for OH orders runs 0-5 days, from the shipping date to arriving at the dealership

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi
Did anyone else notice you can now add Power Running Boards to Lariat or Premium for only $255?!?!?! Man I wish I had that option when I ordered!
It wasn’t an option when I ordered, but the dealer called me up and told me it was available. He added it on his side. Lots of people do seem to say the aftermarket ones are as good if not better.

Harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It wasn’t an option when I ordered, but the dealer called me up and told me it was available. He added it on his side. Lots of people do seem to say the aftermarket ones are as good if not better.
Oh man! I wish I knew that they were available. I also love aftermarket, but last I checked there is only one being made for the Lightning so far, and the other one available that needs modification. But, for the $255, I'd rather have that stock option that the non-moveable ones anyway.

Pdxguy

First Name
La
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE, Toyota Tacoma, Audi

20221215-Lightning Assembly Line Pic 01.jpg
When I saw your pic I went to my junk mail and found the same email - so thanks! Also an antimatter blue. I almost thought they were using a stock photo, but yours has a red truck behind it and mine does not. Dealer tells me it is in the rail yard here!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 11/14 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1A43F412-8350-4964-A69C-BB62976A8F0A
Sponsored