• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

βœ… 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
12/12 guys are getting shipped and I am still stuck In Production.
Sponsored

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
12/12 guys are getting shipped and I am still stuck In Production.
Well, @Maxx, at least you have me for company. Anyone else still "in production" on the tracker?

For those still "in production," do you have the Tow Tech package? Is that what is sinking us?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, @Maxx, at least you have me for company. Anyone else still "in production" on the tracker?

For those still "in production," do you have the Tow Tech package? Is that what is sinking us?
My config is in my signature. It would be nice if everyone put their info in their signature so we can connect the dots easier as the conversation goes.

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
I read that they extended the battery tax credit till March of next year
Right but he may not qualify based on income which starts jan1 as far as I understand. If he ordered before Aug16 and put enough deposit down maybe he can claim under old bill

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Makes no sense. order date means nothing in regards to obtaining the tax credit. Just the binding contract prior 8/16, but simply ordering before 8/16 does not qualify as a binding contract.
All I am saying is it may be possible and if I were in his shoes I would look further to see if my deposit or whatever I did counted as a legal binding contract in my state. If ordered after Aug16 it’s a moot point

Sponsored

NoBite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
My tracker on the website just showed a 12/29-1/4 ETA to CT, but no email yet. Specs in the signature.

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Just got my shipped e-mail this morning...I "Hope" Maxx gets his soon LOL

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I would look into that deeper. I have heard what binding agreement means may not apply to this. Something like at least 5% of the value none refundable deposit and may be other conditions. A little fuzzy about it but Rivian guys were trying to take advantage of this and those that didn’t want to mess with the law gave up on it.
Agree. I’ve also read that it couldn’t be dependent on what your state considers legal binding. I honestly have no idea. Just saying it may be possible and I would be consulting a tax guy about it.

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just got my shipped e-mail this morning...I "Hope" Maxx gets his soon LOL
Congrats! I’m really hoping mine is in transit and that they never updated status lol. my blend was 12/7 and built 12/15. What gives !! Lol

MalthusUNC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GTPE, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
If you ordered before the bill was signed on aug16…Maybe you can get the $3750 phase out amount under the old law
I think the problem (from my standpoint) with the new law is the income limits (maybe a problem) and the Lariat ER MSRP (definitely a problem). So, much like many on here, I am hoping for a Christmas Miracle (12/30 delivery). Merry Christmas everyone and Good Luck!!

Sponsored

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro

I am also 12/11 in production. Still there. I have 9.6kw pro power added. That’s it.
Ford chat today told me on chip hold (of course) but my delivery date is 12/20-12/26….hahahaha.
Oh well!

Last edited:

Driver8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Agree. I’ve also read that it couldn’t be dependent on what your state considers legal binding. I honestly have no idea. Just saying it may be possible and I would be consulting a tax guy about it.
I think you meant "could."

Here is the guidance from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/plug-in-electric-vehicle-credit-irc-30-and-irc-30d

What Is a Written Binding Contract?
In general, a written contract is binding if it is enforceable under State law and does not limit damages to a specified amount (for example, by use of a liquidated damages provision or the forfeiture of a deposit). While the enforceability of a contract under State law is a facts-and-circumstances determination to be made under relevant State law, if a customer has made a significant non-refundable deposit or down payment, it is an indication of a binding contract. For tax purposes in general, a contract provision that limits damages to an amount equal to at least 5 percent of the total contract price is not treated as limiting damages to a specified amount. For example, if a customer has made a non-refundable deposit or down payment of 5 percent of the total contract price, it is an indication of a binding contract. A contract is binding even if subject to a condition, as long as the condition is not within the control of either party. A contract will continue to be binding if the parties make insubstantial changes in its terms and conditions.​

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think you meant "could."

Here is the guidance from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/plug-in-electric-vehicle-credit-irc-30-and-irc-30d

What Is a Written Binding Contract?
In general, a written contract is binding if it is enforceable under State law and does not limit damages to a specified amount (for example, by use of a liquidated damages provision or the forfeiture of a deposit). While the enforceability of a contract under State law is a facts-and-circumstances determination to be made under relevant State law, if a customer has made a significant non-refundable deposit or down payment, it is an indication of a binding contract. For tax purposes in general, a contract provision that limits damages to an amount equal to at least 5 percent of the total contract price is not treated as limiting damages to a specified amount. For example, if a customer has made a non-refundable deposit or down payment of 5 percent of the total contract price, it is an indication of a binding contract. A contract is binding even if subject to a condition, as long as the condition is not within the control of either party. A contract will continue to be binding if the parties make insubstantial changes in its terms and conditions.​
Yea my bad I meant β€œcould”

that paragraph is exactly why I say it may be possible and I would consult a tax consultant. With phrases like β€œin general” and β€œan indication” … it leads me to believe that other circumstances MAY be applicable in your state.

Again though, all I’m saying is it’s worth the conversation come tax time

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Just saw the update on my account this morning

Built date 12/16
Estimated Delivery 1/6/2023 - 1/12/2023

Didn't receive any email from Ford for this update.
Now seeing shipped !

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tax code is really taxing on average citizen. Buying experience should be a point and shoot process. You see a price, you pay the price and take your toy home and be done with it. The fact that price you see is rarely the price you pay just shows how desensitized we all have become to B.S.
Sponsored