• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/15/22 Lightning Build Week Group

spinnerbait

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat FX4
This IS a support group - for sure :)

No update today BUT that also has an upside to it.. the ETA is still unchanged as well. Still waiting for that "surprise your truck arrived" call from the dealer. Ha ha!

"I show your F-150 is in transit and has arrived at Junction Point(Indiana Harbor Belt Rr Co ). The ETA is October 1st-October 7th."

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Are any of you tracking by checking with the rail companies? The first post in this thread has good detail in the "BY RAIL" section.

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
Are any of you tracking by checking with the rail companies? The first post in this thread has good detail in the "BY RAIL" section.
The railcar # I have from ford chat tells me the car is empty and has been since aug 25th when it arrived in Colorado. It seems like they get assigned a railcar from Dearborn to IL but that railcar doesn’t show an update for that leg. Or my truck is missing….no telling with the data I have available.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The railcar # I have from ford chat tells me the car is empty and has been since aug 25th when it arrived in Colorado. It seems like they get assigned a railcar from Dearborn to IL but that railcar doesn’t show an update for that leg. Or my truck is missing….no telling with the data I have available.
That sucks. Have you recently asked chat for the current carrier and rail car number? Another option maybe to call the previous carrier and ask them what they know about the original railcar?

Sponsored

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
That sucks. Have you recently asked chat for the current carrier and rail car number? Another option maybe to call the previous carrier and ask them what they know about the original railcar?
I use ford chat for an update about every other day and for about 10 days it’s been the same. It moved from riverdale IL to blue island and there hasn’t been an update since.
Like spinnerbait, I’m expecting my truck to just show up.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I use ford chat for an update about every other day and for about 10 days it’s been the same. It moved from riverdale IL to blue island and there hasn’t been an update since.
I am assuming mine will switch from CN to UP at Blue Island (in Riverdale, Il), and I can track it from there. But if the railcar number changes and chat can't provide it, I will be in the same boat...

gapsd

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting
Occupation
Design Engineer
I am assuming mine will switch from CN to UP at Blue Island (in Riverdale, Il), and I can track it from there. But if the railcar number changes and chat can't provide it, I will be in the same boat...
It switches to BNSF after, mine took a few weeks to move.

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2

gapsd

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting
Occupation
Design Engineer
Did you get a new railcar # on the switchover? TIA
No Same Railcar number. This is what I got from the last chat I had.

Current Location:
Ramp 5A, San Diego, CA 

Date Arrived:
Sep-24-2022, 22:40 PT 

Current Status:
Arrived Rail - Railcar # TTGX702283 (Burlington Northern & Santa Fe Railway Co ) 

Sponsored

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
This isn't relative to our lightings but it is to Ford.

So my wife's 2020 explorer st was brought into the shop yesterday. It started shifting really bad when she was driving it. So I grabbed it and sure enough the 2 to 3 shift was like getting rear ended. Both up shift and down shift. The thing has 58,000 miles on it ( we drive a lot) it also has some other minor problems that it has been in the shop for so it had a recent open ticket. The other items are not under warranty ( failed seat heater, failed backup camera) but this most recent does fall into the 60k power train warranty.

With my GM experience I was expecting a fight or at least the dealer sweeping this under a rug by reprogramming the shift strategy to limp us along until we pass our warranty period. Basicly shoo us away and then 5k miles later we'd be back for a new Transmission.

I am pleasenty surprised that they are keeping the car and replacing the Transmission under warranty. I know I shouldn't be surprised but in this day and age I am!. I just hope they have the parts. I heard it's a known issue.

Hats off to Ford and El cajon Ford. Makes me feel better about buying a first in series truck like the lighting.

Lozza

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 Ram 1500 Diesel, 22 Telsa P3D, 22 Jeep GCL
To date I have never been successful in getting Ford Chat Can to give me anything on the tracking of the actual railcar. The most they have given me is the the ETA I can see myself on my reservation/order page.

Any tips for how you steer the chat towards the rail tracking? I have my railcar number.

Last edited:

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
To date I have never been successful in getting Ford Chat Can to give me anything on the tracking of the actual railcar. The most they e given me is the the ETA I can see myself on my reservation/order page.

Any tips for how you steer the chat towards the rail tracking? I have my railcar number.
That’s strange because the always put the latest location in my chat and all I ask for is an order status update. Sorry I can’t be of more help but they always offer the info up without asking

badger_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat / 2021 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Network Engineer
The waiting and not knowing sucks. I at least know that mine has been at the railyard 30 mins from my dealer since 12 Sep, and my 14-20 Sep delivery window has been pushed to 11-17 October. I understand I can't go pick it up there and drive it to the dealer, but I could have pushed it to the dealer by now!

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
The waiting and not knowing sucks. I at least know that mine has been at the railyard 30 mins from my dealer since 12 Sep, and my 14-20 Sep delivery window has been pushed to 11-17 October. I understand I can't go pick it up there and drive it to the dealer, but I could have pushed it to the dealer by now!
Misery loves company. I just got pushed out as well... again. Going into this week I was a 9/24 - 9/30 then slipped to 9/26 - 10/2 and now I am a 10/5 - 10/11. At one point I had a middle of September window.
Sponsored