• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, F-150h, various others
Occupation
retired
I tried to use "Ford Credit" via my dealership and was presented with a "terrible" interest rate 1%+ above what I could get. My credit is excellent so not real happy as I expected a ~7% ish rate given the current interest rate world we are in.

My guess is you are approved to purchase a really big Commercial Truck :)
well my dealer is already a little cold as they know I am writing a check and not financing. I said "take $1,000 off and I'll finance, but I'll only carry the note a month or two" they seem uninterested.

FWIW, updated today and still says shipped but now estimated arrival of 11/2.

ncollins516

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Picked up my Truck yesterday!! haven't driven it very far yet.. but so far so good.. I can confirm I was able to get the $7,500 rebate / incentive (Lariat).. I did have to remind them a few times about the deposits..

Taking time to figure out the various settings, buttons and controls.. getting there.

Thank you for the help and support in this forum.. and hope all that are waiting get their trucks soon!!

Last edited:

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
New email received from Ford Marketing Headquarters after being sent solicitation emails telling me to order a new Ford F150 Lightning or even to take a test drive at a local Ford dealership to which responded that I would prefer a good and true status for my truck on order still stuck (as of 10/25/23) "in production" since 8/15/23......
Of course, I contacted my dealership, but no answer yet and checking their website it still shows my truck "in transit" just like last month, no change.... They have 44 trucks "in transit", including mine with the correct VIN. They also show 8 trucks "in stock"..... :unsure::confused:

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 2023-10-25_19h35_25

Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
truck is at the dealer... but has a stop sell order for the recall. I'm not sure what is better, that I can visit it a few miles from my house or staring at the online tracker with the truck in a state of indeterminacy?

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Those still under watch.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1698355606474

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
truck is at the dealer... but has a stop sell order for the recall. I'm not sure what is better, that I can visit it a few miles from my house or staring at the online tracker with the truck in a state of indeterminacy?
What recall?

Sponsored

harlano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 SCREW, 2015 Fiesta ST, 2023 Lighning XLT ER
Occupation
1/2 retired
Someone else reported the cabin coolant heater replacement recall in the Issues/Repair... category. Seems he was able to take his truck home?

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Yeah, that sucks! Don't know why the dealer is being secretive on the customer cash. You should be getting it, no questions asked. Hope you get your truck soon!
They are hedging because the truck may not be delivered to the dealer before the Jan 02 2024 expiration of the Ford cash offer. Ford needs to step up and just come out and extend the cash offer to all new remaining 2023 trucks from dealer inventory. (Looping in @Ford Motor Company : The delayed delivery of backlogged builds (retooling line, UAW sequelea, supply chain issues, whatever) combined with the expiration of the cash back offers are going to wreak havoc with sales and dealers as we approach the Jan. 02 expiration of #11116, not to mention huge stress for prospective owners from the October/November build weeks through Christmas. Can Ford get out in front of this and extend the offer to remaining new '23 model Lightnings from dealer inventory? I think it's worth looking into.)

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I expect they will be able to catch up on finalizing readiness of back log trucks, shipping them and getting a reduced output for the rest of the year, build week 11/6 is the lowest of the reductions so far.

Unfortunately the goal of 150, 000 Lightnings a year running rate won't be met, though they briefly demonstrated the ability 9/25 then ran into problems.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1698372788082

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Someone else reported the cabin coolant heater replacement recall in the Issues/Repair... category. Seems he was able to take his truck home?
supposedly the order arrived the same hour as the truck. I'm sure the dealer doesn't want it just for eye candy in the showroom but would rather have my check.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
supposedly the order arrived the same hour as the truck. I'm sure the dealer doesn't want it just for eye candy in the showroom but would rather have my check.
They do, but there is a strong penalty for violating a stop sale order for recalls that have a substantial risk of safety to the buyer.
Sponsored