• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
I installed the Rear Seat Release Kit from Builtright Industries. It's a great kit for accessing a little extra storage.

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_3407.JPG
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_3408.JPG

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I went to get gas in the Lightning for the second time. Both times for my lawnmower 😁 this time I scoped out superchargers I will be useing soon.
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? 20230602_185940

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Don't know if it's elsewhere in this thread, but I got the idea from a Facebook Group.

After installing the Ford mudflaps, I saw where someone had painting the back ones that say "Lightning". Then someone said "the hell with that" and bought a paint pen. Looked great.

So, I ordered the paint pen (you have to buy a set of 5), and today dismounted the mudflaps, washed the letters, wiped with alcohol, and asked my wife to do the honors. ;) My hand is not steady.

Before and after below, tips, and link to the pens.

Tips -

1) Do this before mounting them. Pain in the butt to remove them.

2) Took 2 coats.

3) When you do step#3 on the pen, stop as soon as you get ink on the tip, so you don't overload it.

4) Practice on raised surface, like the letters on a container lid, and use the pen on something else first to make sure you don't get a blob at the end of your stroke.

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? Mudflaps before
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? Mudflaps after

Link to paint pens ($10 for 5 colors) - https://amzn.to/3OPLPh6

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Don't know if it's elsewhere in this thread, but I got the idea from a Facebook Group.

After installing the Ford mudflaps, I saw where someone had painting the back ones that say "Lightning". Then someone said "the hell with that" and bought a paint pen. Looked great.

So, I ordered the paint pen (you have to buy a set of 5), and today dismounted the mudflaps, washed the letters, wiped with alcohol, and asked my wife to do the honors. ;) My hand is not steady.

Tips -

2) Took 2 coats.

3) When you do step#3 on the pen, stop as soon as you get ink on the tip, so you don't overload it.

4) Practice on raised surface, like the letters on a container lid, and use the pen on something else first to make sure you don't get a blob at the end of your stroke.

Mudflaps before.jpg
Mudflaps after.jpg

Looks cool, can you post a picture with them on the truck?
And a link to purchase them please.
I have white and the whole truck looks clean except behind the rear wheel Wells.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I have white and the whole truck looks clean except behind the rear wheel Wells.
There's places that you can get vehicle touch up paint in paint pens, you could match the truck color if you wanted to.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
There's places that you can get vehicle touch up paint in paint pens, you could match the truck color if you wanted to.
This is not vehicle touch-up paint. I provided the link to the paint pens in my post.

Anything with a brush isn't going to look as good, in my opinion, as using a paint pen.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
This is not vehicle touch-up paint. I provided the link to the paint pens in my post.

Anything with a brush isn't going to look as good, in my opinion, as using a paint pen.
Ya I knew what you linked wasn't. I was just saying there are paint pen format touch up paints available as well if someone was interested in doing a color match.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician

Tips -

2) Took 2 coats.

Mudflaps before.jpg
Mudflaps after.jpg

I have my nephew who works in parts at Ford ordering me a set.. Thanks

laselvasurf

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT, 13 Raptor, 13 X5M, 03 Excursion
I've been putting a ton of miles on the lighting as of late with multiple 4+ hour commutes a week. I've been using the ACC and lane keep a TON and am very impressed with how well it handles most situations.

At the end of this week I parked under a tree and did not realize it was shedding sap. I got back a few hours later and found my whole truck covered in small dots of stickiness. I was able to get it all off the next morning through a long process of washing the truck with hot water and using goo-gone on the bigger dots.

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG-9198

Sponsored

MapleMan650

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
I.T.
Picked up a few accessories from Ford. I was to get a bed net and tie downs using the Ford Points I received buying the truck.
Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_3455

Ford F-150 Lightning πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ What Did You Do To Your Lightning Today? IMG_3456

jdmackes

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Are there any dashcams that someone can recommend that activate when there is motion nearby? Something similar to Tesla's sentry mode?

heelyeah

First Name
Tripp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Bronco; 22 F150 Lightning; 21 Jeep JT (wife's)
Are there any dashcams that someone can recommend that activate when there is motion nearby? Something similar to Tesla's sentry mode?
I've got this: https://ring.com/products/car-cam

But I am not a huge fan. Lot of false alarms, always has to be plugged into the OBD, etc. For some reason the sensors from Bluecruise periodically trip it and cause a motion alert, even when the truck is off.
Sponsored