• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
@ExCivilian any change to your ETA??
No change to my ETA but I did reach out to the BNSF employee and learned my car was in Barstow today and should be in San Diego tomorrow. How many weeks (months?) from there to my dealership an hour away I don't know...

daguitaristz

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Jeep, Vette
Just moved back up to this week…. Should I get my hopes up now?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group 37EECEE7-EC9F-417B-90F7-EBB8ACEA261D

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@Broonarmy Have you had contact with the dealer lately, why is your truck still lacking a BUILT status after 3 months in production?

@Ford Motor Company Why is this VIN 1FTVW1EV9NWG10806 not built yet?

Sponsored

Sdgolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Zr2
Still no change to my 9/23 ETA but the owner called me an hour ago and told me to come in first thing Saturday morning to pick my truck up.
And you were on ttgx853679 coming to San Diego right?

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
@Broonarmy Have you had contact with the dealer lately, why is your truck still lacking a BUILT status after 3 months in production?

@Ford Motor Company Why is this VIN 1FTVW1EV9NWG10806 not built yet?
Actually a few things have happened since I last wrote on here. But spoiler alert my truck is still in production!! It's a total mess.

I have been in regular contact with the dealer who has been extremely responsive but can get no information from Ford. He said since the post Covid Ford lay offs he has not got any dedicated support from Ford.

I therefore wrote directly to Elena Ford the current Chief Customer Experience Officer at Ford Blue (and the great great grand daughter of Henry Ford). To be fair her office have been in regular contact but are unable to move the situation forward. I have been told that my truck is waiting for a chip and all chips are VIN matched so until they get a surplus of chips my build will not move forward irrespective of the fact that the order/build date of trucks post mine are being delivered. Effectively I am in what could essentially be an infinite loop.

I was then told my truck was expected to be off chip hold 11/10 but guess what...... of course no movement.

I wrote back again today but as yet no response.

Honestly I am lost on how to get this truck delivered. Would any legal support help? I really don't know. I am likely going to miss my $7500 tax credit as the truck is $81k and in 2023 won't qualify. I am also going to get a 22 model delivered in 23.

To rub salt in the wound my dealer is having a truck identical to mine delivered this week that was built in September (already sold to another customer of course). He has a platinum for sale for $130k which he said he would do me a fair deal on but it's still going to be another 15k minimum and my wife doesn't like the color. He was kind enough to let us drive it though.

Super frustrating, if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears!

@Ford Motor Company I don't know if you have any comments to make but the situation is frustrating for me and I think embarrassing for you. (PS please I beg you not to tell me there is a chip shortage. If one more Ford employee tells me this I don't know how I will control my reaction!! Plenty trucks have chips just put one in mine rather than leaving me in an infinite loop!)

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Super frustrating, if anyone has any suggestions I am all ears!

@Ford Motor Company I don't know if you have any comments to make but the situation is frustrating for me and I think embarrassing for you. (PS please I beg you not to tell me there is a chip shortage. If one more Ford employee tells me this I don't know how I will control my reaction!! Plenty trucks have chips just put one in mine rather than leaving me in an infinite loop!)
+++1

Not one more 2023 should be built until all the 2022 are caught up, the BS about VIN matched components does not wash......

daguitaristz

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Jeep, Vette
Just moved back up to this week…. Should I get my hopes up now?

37EECEE7-EC9F-417B-90F7-EBB8ACEA261D.png
answer: NO. I should NOT get excited. Look what I found this am while out of town and wondering if it was delivered (after the promise date finally moved UP 2 wks to this week)

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group 475D2104-AA2D-4C90-B168-DCD58A02CFFA

Sponsored

daguitaristz

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Navigator, Jeep, Vette
answer: NO. I should NOT get excited. Look what I found this am while out of town and wondering if it was delivered (after the promise date finally moved UP 2 wks to this week)

475D2104-AA2D-4C90-B168-DCD58A02CFFA.jpeg
@Ford Motor Company why has my truck built 8/3 been sitting at the rail yard for 10 or 12 weeks now? And how can the estimate date move up and then within 2 days of delivery move back another month?

what is wrong with my vehicle?? And do I not deserve an understanding for $93k?

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Well my delivery window finally updated to the end of this month...as I was walking from the office with my new keys! So the moral of that story is 12/12 delivery date could mean it's literally sitting on an 18 wheeler headed to your dealer or maybe even already there.

Terribly sorry to hear about the last three or so of us who haven't received a truck and I really don't want to rub salt in anyone's wounds but I do believe SOP is to post an obligatory frunk shot?

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group IMG_4911

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group 1668355192780

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group 1668355223474

Broonarmy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Lariat ER, Smoked Quartz
Ordertracker data is back and it's official!!! I own the record nobody wants!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/1 Lightning Build Week Group 1668386016254