• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY
Personally, I do a decent amount of towing with my vehicle so I am intrigued by the range extender.
I am too. It is why I’ve been following the development. Apparently Ford holds a patent for a range extender, but has yet to build it. It’ll probably show up with the next gen and with my luck will not be compatible with the current Lightning. I have my eye on the Cybertruck too. It really intrigues me, but will need to have an onboard inverter to get my business. I love the idea of a virtually indestructible shell that you keep very long term and just swap in a new battery every couple hundred thousand miles. With software updates it would be the last truck I ever bought. That is real sustainability, but it is kind of ugly😁
Sponsored

SteelTerp87

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 Lariat 2.7L (Platinum Lightning on Order
Occupation
Self-Employed
I paid the $100 for the opportunity to possible place a future order. There’s a lot of tech and different features that has me intrigued. I love my Lightning and may decide not to move forward with it but I figured $100 couldn’t hurt for the unknown at this stage. The target of 500 miles range and 350kWH charging has me very interested. Not to mention the suicide doors and possibility of 7 seats

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Here’s the terms: https://www.ramrev.com/TermsandConditions.pdf

Basically the $100 gets you a place in line. At some point next year they will send an email that you have early access to preorder. If you haven’t cancelled when that email comes the $100 is theirs to keep.

And there is no guarantee you will get to preorder. That is limited and first-come, first-serve. You will be encouraged to “immediately take action”. Sheesh.

• Wow
Reactions: s_c

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I too love my Lightning! But to say it isn't a first gen EV truck would be a lie, because it IS a first gen EV truck. Look at all of the talk about updates on this forum, they are some of the most popular threads because tech is important in vehicles in 2023. I feel like anyone that owns a SR is going to get killed on resale value once second gen trucks hit the market at any scale, which is why I'm being realistic and already looking ahead. This means putting in reservations/whatever the hell this was for any EV truck I'm interested in.

Unless something else is announced unexpectedly, I've narrowed down my decision to Ford's 2.0 EV truck, the Ram, or the Cybertruck. At this point which ever one has the most compelling specs, price, and is actually available will get my dollars next. My expectation is that will be sometime in late 2024 and I'll keep enjoying my Lightning until then!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I too love my Lightning! But to say it isn't a first gen EV truck would be a lie, because it IS a first gen EV truck. Look at all of the talk about updates on this forum, they are some of the most popular threads because tech is important in vehicles in 2023. I feel like anyone that owns a SR is going to get killed on resale value once second gen trucks hit the market at any scale, which is why I'm being realistic and already looking ahead. This means putting in reservations/whatever the hell this was for any EV truck I'm interested in.

Unless something else is announced unexpectedly, I've narrowed down my decision to Ford's 2.0 EV truck, the Ram, or the Cybertruck. At this point which ever one has the most compelling specs, price, and is actually available will get my dollars next. My expectation is that will be sometime in late 2024 and I'll keep enjoying my Lightning until then!
Let's be honest. The only reason there is talk of updates is because the News of an update breaks out like fire. There has only been one update to my knowledge that changed the drivability of the truck. Every update from there has been to sync or addressing the real range complaint.

If you are really concerned with getting updates ASAP then just get the Cybertruck and forget about the legacy automakers. They will never reach the Tesla status on updates because their products are cars first software second. BTW, Tesla also has the same issue with rolling out updates unless they have smoothed it out in the last 2 years. I remember being weeks behind everyone else with my Tesla.

Get the Cybertruck and be happy with software updates.

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I figured what the hell, so I'm in for $100.

Who know where we'll all be in late 2024, but I don't think the demand for EV trucks is going to be satisfied by then. I'd like to keep my options open.

I'll look at Silverado EV, GMC EV, and Ram EV, Gen II Lightning OR just keep the Lightning I have now. It depends on the capabilities vs price/cost.

(Hoping GM can get me an EV truck with 400mi range for under $80k)

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
I hope this is “peak” online car reservations, because it isn’t even a reservation or a deposit .

You are paying $100 dollars to join a “fan club” called Rev Insider+ ( I love they used the plus sign) that happens to have a fully refundable membership fee until preorders begin which at that time you can’t get your dues back.

The benefits are nearly identical to what you would get if you joined the paid fan club of a band .
-A promo code to possibly do a preorder before the general public.
-Insider+ news direct to your email .
- Invitations to cool events with the band , I mean truck.
- I’m surprised they didn’t offer 20% off all REV branded merchandise

Things you don’t get when you join this club
- A definitive spot in a line to order
-An actual $100 deposit
-Any sort of representation or guarantee that by joining this club you will receive your truck before someone that doesn’t join this club.

Also for the others asking , it is a promotion sponsored by FCA LLC ( the name of Chrysler in America these days ) , so it is “legit” in that sense.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I didn't preorder or put any money down but I did see it at the Chicago Auto Show.... Its a thing..... The prototype looks awful in person the have what almost looks like a painted plastic insert on the rims(I know it's a prototype). I tried to get a picture but it didn't turn out well. The Lighting was throwing off my phone camera 🤳

Ford F-150 Lightning 2025 Ram 1500 REV Revealed!! Have a reservation placed? Sign in here! 🙋🏻‍♂️ IMG_20230211_114634

Ford F-150 Lightning 2025 Ram 1500 REV Revealed!! Have a reservation placed? Sign in here! 🙋🏻‍♂️ IMG_20230211_114721

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have reservations for the chEVy, Fisker Ocean (for my wife), and now Rev. I hate the way the CT looks so that was never an option for me. I don't plan on buying the chEVy or Rev but I like to keep my options open. For $100 I have a safety blanket should something happen to my Lightning. I also happen to be #1 or 2 at my local Chevy dealership.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Things you don’t get when you join this club
- A definitive spot in a line to order
-An actual $100 deposit
-Any sort of representation or guarantee that by joining this club you will receive your truck before someone that doesn’t join this club.

Also for the others asking , it is a promotion sponsored by FCA LLC ( the name of Chrysler in America these days ) , so it is “legit” in that sense.
Welcome to the world of legacy franchise dealership selling. RAM/FCA cannot legally sell anything tangible without going through the dealership network. They either force reservation seekers to choose a dealer to funnel the money like Ford did (and suffer all the shyster shenanigans that follow) or collect a little skin in the game to form an 'email list fan club' to queue to get in the real queue for dealer orders.

It's a game that FCA probably doesn't want to be playing, but there's not nearly enough money to leave.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I knew they weren't going to be able to keep the roofline on the prototype.

Sure looks like they copied a lot of what Ford did. Looks like they took their current truck, changed the front end and put a BEV drive train in it.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Guess they couldn’t fill up their fan club list quickly since they decided to release the production truck photos today when the original reveal was announced for sometime in “the upcoming weeks “.

The styling is smart here for RAM but probably not not “different” enough for those not impressed with the Lightning’s traditional truck look . I can’t understand why the REV concept truck even exists now .
Sponsored