• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody else notice the slight "Click" when starting off either in forward or reverse?

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
Can anyone here who didn't have the noise, but instead experienced what felt like "play" within the drivetrain during torque reversals report on whether the TSB fixed that issue? Or did it only address those with a noise issue?

Not sure I qualify, but I had the click, ting, whatchamacallit, and I also had the TSB repair done.
IMHO the click-fix made the play worse,
now that could just be a fluke, who knows.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
https://www.tsbsearch.com/Ford/22-2395

They're going to drive it and verify 'front and/or rear" for the noise, so there's room for runaround.
They get 4 of the hardware sets in the kit.........they are allowed to charge for all 4 wheels....so we're just going to do the front right and then come back when we hear it from the left rear next week?

My tech, service advisor, and I were all in agreement....all 4 got done...no more click.

Job done.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
They get 4 of the hardware sets in the kit.........they are allowed to charge for all 4 wheels....so we're just going to do the front right and then come back when we hear it from the left rear next week?

My tech, service advisor, and I were all in agreement....all 4 got done...no more click.

Job done.
The TSB specifically states to do all four. You should not be charged at all.

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)

Sponsored

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
This just happened to me. They said it would be three weeks before they could do an inspection to determine front and/or rear.

So I am going to another dealers.
My dealership first read the TSB, then jumped in the pickup with me. Don’t let them have your truck to drive and “test” on their own. As soon as we took off, he heard the click and said “yep, that has to be it.” It doesn’t matter where it’s coming from because they need to add the washer to all four wheels. I drove him around the block, scheduled a day to have it worked on and we were done. Find a dealership that does it this way for you!

eRockBoon

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro (extended range)
My dealership first read the TSB, then jumped in the pickup with me. Don’t let them have your truck to drive and “test” on their own. As soon as we took off, he heard the click and said “yep, that has to be it.” It doesn’t matter where it’s coming from because they need to add the washer to all four wheels. I drove him around the block, scheduled a day to have it worked on and we were done. Find a dealership that does it this way for you!
Agreed. This dealer’s service center is under staffed and they seem to have no interest helping out someone who didn’t buy the truck from them. More than happy to go elsewhere.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
I went to a dealer today for a different issue and brought up the noise. The service person told me he was aware of the *software* fix. It's been a while since I went through this thread. Is there a software fix as part of this or do I need to bring the TSB to him in person?

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
I went to a dealer today for a different issue and brought up the noise. The service person told me he was aware of the *software* fix. It's been a while since I went through this thread. Is there a software fix as part of this or do I need to bring the TSB to him in person?
No software whatsoever. Test the torque reversal yourself. If the clicks are there, bring the TSB to the dealer.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Yeah, I have the clicks. I was just surprised because I brought it up today when I was scheduling some other service work and he said he knew about the issue and they'd do the software fix when it was in the shop next week.

I didn't have the TSB on hand so I was curious if anyone has heard anything about any software issues related to this concern.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Yeah, I have the clicks. I was just surprised because I brought it up today when I was scheduling some other service work and he said he knew about the issue and they'd do the software fix when it was in the shop next week.

I didn't have the TSB on hand so I was curious if anyone has heard anything about any software issues related to this concern.
There is no software that can fix this. It's mechanical. When discussing with your SA it's best to reference the TSB itself so everybody is on the same page. TSB 22-2395

Attachments

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I just started noticing the click on my 23 occasionally. I’m already scheduled for the ford pass tsb in a few weeks. I wonder if they can knock out both jobs on the same visit?

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
I just started noticing the click on my 23 occasionally. I’m already scheduled for the ford pass tsb in a few weeks. I wonder if they can knock out both jobs on the same visit?
I bet they easily could.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Mine just started to make this clicking noise 2 days ago after 2500 miles :(
I plan to have a road trip next week, should I be concerned?
Maybe I should take it to the dealer this week to apply the TSB??
Sponsored