• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are people signing their No-Resale Policy?

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Okay, so here's the obvious next question...

Why would this no-resale-within-a-year requirement be a part of some peoples deals and not others?

If it's a Ford mandate then why didn't I have to sign one?

I'm now going to go look through all that paperwork again.....to make sure....
They meant for all of their customers at the dealership. It’s honestly all BS. They’re typical dealers who know nothing about anything. They’re going to start doing it on the bronco raptors and raptor R. Just can’t wait til ford moves to the online delivery model and bypass these fools
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I actually argued with them that even though I paid cash they essentially had a lien on my car for a year. They said no that’s no true and I argued so what else would you call taking all the money from the sale of my truck that I fully paid for if I sell it??

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Did you guys contact ford directly about this? Why are only some dealers asking for this?

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This type of agreement has been around for years, I assume there are many cases of precedent that can be viewed if you look at Feraris (and more recently some Porches, etc.) sold with these "no resale under X conditions" agreements. I'd do some research with those cars, if anyone is really concerned. These agreements were in place for exclusive automobiles that would go up in price when they were sold, which historically was a small niche high end portion of the industry.

This type of no resale clause is brand new to the mass market auto space, because mass market automobiles historically lost a ton of value the second you drove them off the lot. Due to this, the industry wasn't being exploited by flippers looking to make a few bucks off a new vehicle. It's been about 3 years, but before 2020 people bought vehicles to drive them and not sell them, shocking to think!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
This type of agreement has been around for years, I assume there are many cases of precedent that can be viewed if you look at Feraris (and more recently some Porches, etc.) sold with these "no resale under X conditions" agreements. I'd do some research with those cars, if anyone is really concerned. These agreements were in place for exclusive automobiles that would go up in price when they were sold, which historically was a small niche high end portion of the industry.

This type of no resale clause is brand new to the mass market auto space, because mass market automobiles historically lost a ton of value the second you drove them off the lot. Due to this, the industry wasn't being exploited by flippers looking to make a few bucks off a new vehicle. It's been about 3 years, but before 2020 people bought vehicles to drive them and not sell them, shocking to think!
Agreed.

I offered to sign six months and they said it wasn’t possible (of course it’s not true).

They weren’t budging.

It was a cost / benefit analysis for me. At the price and utility of the pro I didn’t see it as a huge risk. Others may disagree and others may feel that’s true or that the equation changes with a lariat ER or platinum investment.

I’ll look for the language later but it was the standard stuff on all the news sites. They’re entitled to the full amount sold for the vehicle. Not just the amount in excess.

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I'm guessing this is so you're not directly competing with the dealership that sold you the truck. Meaning you can't get it at MSRP and turn around and flip it for 50K more the next week.

That's the kind of thing you'd expect to see on a one million dollar GT....not a Lightning.

Whatever. I'm keeping mine.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Look on the bright side. Should you decide to sell the car quickly and if you sign it, this demonstrates your intent not to resell the vehicle for the tax credit purposes.

Sponsored

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
The language is on some articles directly. They tried to tell me it was a ford thing (it’s not) and that they might have to treat every customer the same (also not true). My guy was being a dick but with the pro I knew I wasn’t going to be too disappointed. I think you actually run the risk with thinking your $90k platinum isn’t worth the cash. Also I don’t think I could flip a pro for the crazy money the others go for. Generally people who have so much disposable income are going to waste it on the loaded versions.
I spoke with my dealer salesman and he stated that another Florida Mullinax branch got a base Pro on an abandoned order and loaded it up with "aftermarket addons" and resold it for $60K over MSRP via a bidding war. Currently there is a Lariat SR listed for $30K over MSRP on one of the Florida Mullinax branches. Don't underestimate the EV truck market. Your Pro has the fastest 0-60 time of all the Lightning trims (sub 4 seconds). While all the other trims have larger wheels and heavier batteries.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I'm curious for those who did get asked to sign, what method did you place your order and deposit?

I was at a dealer recently chatting with one of the sales guys (dangerous, I know) and he informed me that Ford had already made a distinguishing factor between those who had dealership assistance and those who didn't. With a major emphasis on "direct sales" and focusing on delivering on those first.

I don't know if it's true, BS, or typical sales people making stuff up. Hence my curiosity if there may be a difference between those who are being asked to sign and not.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I spoke with my dealer salesman and he stated that another Florida Mullinax branch got a base Pro on an abandoned order and loaded it up with "aftermarket addons" and resold it for $60K over MSRP via a bidding war. Currently there is a Lariat SR listed for $30K over MSRP on one of the Florida Mullinax branches. Don't underestimate the EV truck market. Your Pro has the fastest 0-60 time of all the Lightning trims (sub 4 seconds). While all the other trims have larger wheels and heavier batteries.
I believe it.

And honestly the crazy part is that it’s so good. Short of a problem with my vinyl seats being too hot (by their non perforated nature) everything in the truck has shocked me. (No lightning pun intended). Even the plastic steering wheel isn’t the worst.

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Is there in impact in state laws on this causing the variation? Legal in some states, not in others?

How long have most of these contracts been?

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Is there in impact in state laws on this causing the variation? Legal in some states, not in others?

How long have most of these contracts been?
12 months they wanted. They claimed they couldn’t do 6 which I probably would have been fine with. It takes 30-60 days for a title to show up anyway these days.

It’s all BS. They were uninformed on the nuances and had zero answers to my legitimate questions around enforcing, tracking, negotiating. They blamed it all on FMC which is silly since it’s optional.

This forum kept me ahead of the game so many times.
Sponsored