• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Are people signing their No-Resale Policy?

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
I believe it.

And honestly the crazy part is that it’s so good. Short of a problem with my vinyl seats being too hot (by their non perforated nature) everything in the truck has shocked me. (No lightning pun intended). Even the plastic steering wheel isn’t the worst.
Katzin Leather re-upholstery for a couple grand you get heated/cooled and no more vinyl.

It's a shame that the Pro has to do everything aftermarket but with the huge upside there's no worries about not making up the investment.

Also my sales rep did say they have the re-sale clause in their contracts at Mullinax and the Mullinax North Palm Beach store got 6 allocations out of 350+ reservations in the 2022 MY.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Katzin Leather re-upholstery for a couple grand you get heated/cooled and no more vinyl.

It's a shame that the Pro has to do everything aftermarket but with the huge upside there's no worries about not making up the investment.

Also my sales rep did say they have the re-sale clause in their contracts at Mullinax and the Mullinax North Palm Beach store got 6 allocations out of 350+ reservations in the 2022 MY.
I’m debating katzkin or just finding OEM lariat seats. I hate that mine have zero lumbar support. It’s like a bubble of air behind the seat that gets compressed like a Whoopie cushion or something. It’s not awful but not ideal. Presumably katzkin can’t do much for that. I think the temperature problem is a bigger issue though so they would relieve that part

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
This type of agreement has been around for years, I assume there are many cases of precedent that can be viewed if you look at Feraris (and more recently some Porches, etc.) sold with these "no resale under X conditions" agreements. I'd do some research with those cars, if anyone is really concerned. These agreements were in place for exclusive automobiles that would go up in price when they were sold, which historically was a small niche high end portion of the industry.

This type of no resale clause is brand new to the mass market auto space, because mass market automobiles historically lost a ton of value the second you drove them off the lot. Due to this, the industry wasn't being exploited by flippers looking to make a few bucks off a new vehicle. It's been about 3 years, but before 2020 people bought vehicles to drive them and not sell them, shocking to think!
Agree - I signed 2 no resale agreements when I got my 2011 BMW 335d & later my 2013 BMW X5 diesel.

Apparently, the diesel flavor made it very popular for export to other countries where diesel was the primary fuel. Legally transferring costs more in excise and taxes on such a vehicle was double the price of the vehicle so it made more profit & sense to do it on the "gray market".

Didn't think anything about it when I signed for it but it was rage to buy, resell to an exporter, and then land in Asia or Russia.

23 years of BMW vehicle, and only 2 diesels required me to sign a no resale agreement.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Agree - I signed 2 no resale agreements when I got my 2011 BMW 335d & later my 2013 BMW X5 diesel.

Apparently, the diesel flavor made it very popular for export to other countries where diesel was the primary fuel. Legally transferring costs more in excise and taxes on such a vehicle was double the price of the vehicle so it made more profit & sense to do it on the "gray market".

Didn't think anything about it when I signed for it but it was rage to buy, resell to an exporter, and then land in Asia or Russia.

23 years of BMW vehicle, and only 2 diesels required me to sign a no resale agreement.
Right. That’s common with range rovers too and exporting to the oligarchs in Russia. All of that has so many other implications. Grey markets, over seas, etc. This expectation is totally different. You could still sell your car locally I bet

asten

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
For what it's worth, I did not have to sign a no-resale agreement when I picked up my Lightning on July 6th.

Sponsored

Drkryspyoz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SR Lariat
Occupation
IT
Has anyone had to sign the agreement in California? I know some states are different when it comes to auto legalese.
Mine is on track to be at my dealer by the end of the month.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Picking up my Pro tomorrow and the dealer did tell me there was a no-resale agreement being enforced. They want to restrict Resale for 12 months. He didnt have any details on the enforcement of this and what happened if my financial circumstances changed and i needed to sell it. They also did not give me any warning until i was told my truck was being delivered. This is the 4th vehicle I’m purchasing from them, so i feel like i have a bit of loyalty established.

I dont necessarily have any plans to sell it, but i certainly dont want to be restricted from having the flexibility. I might be comfortable with a 6 month agreement.
I was not asked to sign a "no resell" form at all. Bonnell Motors, Winchester, MA.

vbaker4444

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Select AWD
Just bought my Pro with no ADM and they didn’t even mention that or make me sign it 🤠

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
I think having to give the dealer first right of refusal @ MSRP (or purchase price) is a fair deal. Anything else puts me in a tight spot if I need the cash in an emergency.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I was not asked to sign a no resale agreement either.

I didn't have the best deliver experience, but it is behind me.

However, a word about the salesman surveys since they were mentioned. My salesman still busted his butt several times and despite the bad experience that was on finance, not the salesman.

Every dealer has chosen to always screw the little guy - the one up front doing all the work. His pay is usually directly tied to those surveys. So unless it was something really bad that was unforgivable by him - treat the salesman right with 5's on his survey.

It is my understanding the comments are where you can explain what went bad and knock the sales manager or the financing process. Those guys make very good money and the owners in most cases are doing very well too and the survey asks nothing about them. Take frustrations out on those guys some way other than the survey if you can.

Last edited:

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I was not asked to sign a no resale agreement.
Southern California dealer.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I was not asked to sign a no resale agreement.
Southern California dealer.
Also SoCal and it didn't come up for me. Didn't sign anything about reselling. Though I don't plan to sale. I kept waiting for it but I think the dealer was more interested in trying to up sale me wheel protection and extended warranties.

bryan995

First Name
François
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My signature just so happens to be a horizontal line. And I tend to go a bit wide with it.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
No request, although I did ask the salesperson, who said it was optional at that dealership (Grieco Ford, Delray Beach). He said I would be crazy to either sign or not take delivery, was aware that the truck would command a $35k immediate street value resale premium (plus capture the tax credit).

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
My dealership was going to put this in place, but they decided against it. They figured it would cause publicity issues, and other problems pertaining to enforcement.
Sponsored