• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Battery module recall first 3600 trucks

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Not really, look at all the current build week reports, I posted current watch reports for each week note the vin spans are diverse
So I have one truck from 3/22 (<200 VIN) and one from 4/22 (<300 VIN)

Looking at your production tracker, the one could be true sub #200 built but the other 1500+ with a sub 300 VIN ?

Both of these trucks have passed the CSP inspection and have not had issues and I have not heard a thing about this from FORD. So what points to all of these 3600 getting new modules? If I am reading what y'all are saying correctly
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Both of these trucks have passed the CSP inspection and have not had issues and I have not heard a thing about this from FORD. So what points to all of these 3600 getting new modules? If I am reading what y'all are saying correctly
The dealer service rep is SLINGING BS, at the moment we have 61428 trucks built since day 1 and the original information releases state ~4% of trucks MIGHT experience an anomaly with the battery module(s) that is 2457 potential modules / trucks

Basically the service rep said this “battery” recall applies to all of the first 3600 or so trucks that were built and FORD has instructed the dealerships not to order parts or repair the trucks until the customer gets a failure notice on their truck.

Last edited:

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
They had mine for right at a month to replace the #4 module. So far so good. But now I've gotta decide to get an extended warranty or plan to sell before the battery warranty expires. I was less than impressed with what one module cost at warranty price and didn't include labor.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
They had mine for right at a month to replace the #4 module. So far so good. But now I've gotta decide to get an extended warranty or plan to sell before the battery warranty expires. I was less than impressed with what one module cost at warranty price and didn't include labor.
I know I posted this in another thread where you mentioned it, but I figured I'd also state it here in case other people don't see it there. The extended warranties Ford sells do not cover the high voltage battery. 8 years or 100k miles is it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'm looking forward to the future .... Roush performance crate battery packs

Sponsored

Grumpy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Pro SR
It is possible that in 7 years our batteries will have good value on the salvage market for the pricey materials inside.
And perhaps the sodium battery will be available as a no-cost replacement!!

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
There is no extension to the coverage for the high voltage battery or components with ANY plan.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
The dealer service rep is SLINGING BS, at the moment we have 61428 trucks built since day 1 and the original information releases state ~4% of trucks MIGHT experience an anomaly with the battery module(s) that is 2457 potential modules / trucks
I should play the lottery....

Mine just confirmed it needs replacement but I have one of the very first ones made. Waiting to hear back on the second truck which was made several months later but still within the first 7,000 deliveries.

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
I was told by a Ford dealership service advisor thatthey will do my wiper recall and my light bar recall BUT they won’t do CSP 23B57 or 23B11 because am not having the problems described in the notices.

From careful reading of the notification letters, I thought Ford wanted these corrections done before problems arise. I told them how sometimes my screen goes black. They said if it works when they have the truck in for service, there is nothing they can do. I don’t know whether that occasional black screen and loss of backup camera is connected to the CPS programs.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Ford dealership service advisor thatthey will do my wiper recall and my light bar recall BUT they won’t do CSP 23B57 or 23B11 because am not having the problems described in the notices.

From careful reading of the notification letters, I thought Ford wanted these corrections done before problems arise. I told them how sometimes my screen goes black. They said if it works when they have the truck in for service, there is nothing they can do. I don’t know whether that occasional black screen and loss of backup camera is connected to the CPS programs.
CSP 23B57 update for the BECM software should be done OTA (over the air) hopefully in November, which is the only thing my dealer did for that while I was in for my GPS failing. That is important to potentially avoid a complete loss of power going down the road. I think a good dealer would get that done if requested.

What is the "black screen and loss of backup camera" actually look like? My pickup bed camera is showing a blue screen currently. Does your backup camera show a blank/black screen? I hate the little "Full view not available" black box that shows up when manually selecting that camera (I saw a fix for that using a software update).

Bwanapete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2017 Tesla MS90d, 1941 Lincoln V12
My 15" center screen sometimes has just turned off, as if the power had become turned off. The dealer service people suggest that maybe this had been connected with the condensation in the tailgate ligh" t bar, but they just replaced that so we will see, and hope for the best.

I also asked them to look at why even though "easy entry" is toggled off, every time I opened the door to get in and drive, the steering wheel and seat would move way out of where I set them. The joke was on me about this. All that was required was for me to position the wheel and seat where I want, and then to hit seat memory button 1 to memorize my settings. I guess someone before I got it had set the wheel and seat to extreme positions and then memorized those settings.
Sponsored