• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charge Station Pro Problems

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
After you rebooted did it upload all of your missing charge sessions?
I did not drive the truck Saturday & Sunday (the last glory days of warm weather riding the bike), but afternoon I recharged the final 10% after a 160 mile road trip Monday morning posted as soon as the charge was completed, I unplugged the truck to force the data report, then plugged her back in for the night.
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
OK. I finished wiring up my Charge Station yesterday. My software version was 2.112.64. My connected charge station screen in FordPass still shows this software. If I go into the Charge Station Pro app, it says my software revision is 2.112.70. I tried using the charger this morning at the 80a setting and it stopped twice, saying it couldn't charge.

What is the latest up-to-date software revision, and at what revision does the full charge rate work without interruption? I don't plan on leaving it at 80A, but I'd like to know it's there if I need it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
OK. I finished wiring up my Charge Station yesterday. My software version was 2.112.64. My connected charge station screen in FordPass still shows this software. If I go into the Charge Station Pro app, it says my software revision is 2.112.70. I tried using the charger this morning at the 80a setting and it stopped twice, saying it couldn't charge.

What is the latest up-to-date software revision, and at what revision does the full charge rate work without interruption? I don't plan on leaving it at 80A, but I'd like to know it's there if I need it.
This is the current version which you must see via the FCSP setup utility "ABOUT" section.
Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 1668344751505

This was what I had on day 1 (9/30/22) of operation, but it updated to the current version overnight, if it's been a few days since yours has been up, and not showing the update, disconnect truck, turn FCSP circuit breaker off for a 15 minutes, then power up, and leave it be for the day, at some point, (possibly that evening) it should update.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 1668344892580

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Well, that seems to be what I have too. I'll try charging at full rate and hope that it doesn't fault again.

gsquirrel02

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Pathfinder
Well, that seems to be what I have too. I'll try charging at full rate and hope that it doesn't fault again.
FWIW, I set mine to 72A - no faults, no issues. I've read too many posts with users having overheating issues with the FCSP at 80A.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
FWIW, I set mine to 72A - no faults, no issues. I've read too many posts with users having overheating issues with the FCSP at 80A.
Mine has worked perfectly at 80A setting, granted the updates were already out by the time I placed mine in service, less than 24 hours to see the patch applied.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Mine has worked perfectly at 80A setting, granted the updates were already out by the time I placed mine in service, less than 24 hours to see the patch applied.
Mine too….I’ve never experienced a charge fault at 80A.

Today, I did experience for the first time it charging my truck overnight to 100% despite the limit set in FordPass to 80%. I plugged-in last night and had set to precondition by 0600 hrs (successfully) this morning. Checking my Charge Station’s status in FordPass, I noticed I was seeing my account name had the RED warning denoting FordPass wasn't actively communicating with the FCSP. I had to disconnect the charger’s power again at the breaker to restore the FSCP’s connection to FordPass😡

I wonder if this was the cause for it to charge past my 80% setting? Next time I’ll check to see if FordPass and my FCSP are communicating before charging…….

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I wonder if this was the cause for it to charge past my 80% setting? Next time I’ll check to see if FordPass and my FCSP are communicating before charging…….
I don't think that was the cause, my understanding is that the truck communicates with the cloud and your Ford pass configurations via built in 4g com telematics, what I have noticed is that occasionally what I request in Ford pass does not transfer to the truck, so I double check from the Sync screen that the revised commands/settings were acknowledged.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Woke up to this, FCSP not phoning home to Ford pass, preconditioning ran, but still no warm steering wheel, expecting that would be the case, I did a 15 minute remote start after the preconditioning phase ended, still a cold steering wheel.

The charging event which ran Sunday evening was reported out as expected after unplugging the truck this morning, I did not drive the Lightning on Monday, so that data also flows via truck telematics not the FCSP while it was off-line.

After we returned from breakfast run, I switched the FCSP off then on and it's reporting again.
On the drive home, steering wheel was warm.

Ford F-150 Lightning Charge Station Pro Problems 1668522861125

Last edited:

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Woke up to this, FCSP not phoning home to Ford pass, preconditioning ran, but still no warm steering wheel, expecting that would be the case, I did a 15 minute remote start after the preconditioning phase ended, still a cold steering wheel.

The charging event which ran Sunday evening was reported out as expected after unplugging the truck this morning, I did not drive the Lightning on Monday, so that data also flows via truck telematics not the FCSP while it was off-line.

After we returned from breakfast run, I switched the FCSP off then on and it's reporting again.
On the drive home, steering wheel was warm.

1668522861125.png
When in doubt, cut power then restart. First rule of electronics. I turn off the circuit breaker to FCSP once every month.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine too….I’ve never experienced a charge fault at 80A.

Today, I did experience for the first time it charging my truck overnight to 100% despite the limit set in FordPass to 80%. I plugged-in last night and had set to precondition by 0600 hrs (successfully) this morning. Checking my Charge Station’s status in FordPass, I noticed I was seeing my account name had the RED warning denoting FordPass wasn't actively communicating with the FCSP. I had to disconnect the charger’s power again at the breaker to restore the FSCP’s connection to FordPass😡

The charge limit is controlled locally by the truck. When the limit is reached, the truck stops charging and signals the EVSE. No connectivity to the cloud or FordPass is involved.
The usual cause of this problem is location error. If the truck thinks it’s not at the location where you set the limit, it won’t use it.

One question - do you make your charge settings in FP or in the truck? I only make settings in the vehicle due to flakiness trying to do so in FP.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Twenty-five pages of Charge Station Pro problems! I really don't want to read through all of them. I'm about to have my electrician set mine up in a couple of weeks. Should I use the 14-50 outlet and use my mobile? When I had my Tesla, I just used a Mobile charger.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Twenty-five pages of Charge Station Pro problems! I really don't want to read through all of them. I'm about to have my electrician set mine up in a couple of weeks. Should I use the 14-50 outlet and use my mobile? When I had my Tesla, I just used a Mobile charger.
To be fair, 25 pages included numerous mentions of the original software bug that’s corrected by an update as well as charging issues not related to the FCSP at all. I wouldn’t be afraid to use it if I needed the capacity.

The Mobile Charger is about 7KW. Your ER has a 131 kWh battery. You can do the math using your daily expected miles driven to see if it will work for you. I’d also mention that the mobile charger has its own set of problems, especially when used hard in higher temperatures.

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
People with no problems don‘t post here. Installed beginning of July. Some speed reduction on +90° days. Other than that, nothing to report.
YMMV

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
To be fair, 25 pages included numerous mentions of the original software bug that’s corrected by an update as well as charging issues not related to the FCSP at all. I wouldn’t be afraid to use it if I needed the capacity.

The Mobile Charger is about 7KW. Your ER has a 131 kWh battery. You can do the math using your daily expected miles driven to see if it will work for you. I’d also mention that the mobile charger has its own set of problems, especially when used hard in higher temperatures.
Thank you! Sounds good. I’m going to go for it.
Sponsored