• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dealer crashed my Lightning

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
**cough, cough** dash cam. Great investment for $300 or less.

Hurts me especially, because like you I have that rare beast, the only-for-one-year Atlas blue.
I mentioned in a dash cam thread some time ago ... I have Ring Car Cams in my Lightning and Lexus. The Lexus was at the dealership for service. As it was being driven up front after it was washed, the employee driving it stopped to talk with another dealership employee. The driver nodded toward the dash cam and said, "The owner is watching to make sure I take good care of his car." He was totally correct in his assessment.
Sponsored

It's Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Sittin' On The Dock of Bay, watchin' the tide.....
Vehicles
It's got four wheels - Waiting on my '22 Lightning
I mentioned in a dash cam thread some time ago ... I have Ring Car Cams in my Lightning and Lexus. The Lexus was at the dealership for service. As it was being driven up front after it was washed, the employee driving it stopped to talk with another dealership employee. The driver nodded toward the dash cam and said, "The owner is watching to make sure I take good care of his car." He was totally correct in his assessment.
If only you could have responded back and said "yes, yes I am."

Demann

First Name
dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightening lariat extended range
Occupation
contractor
About a week ago I dropped my Lightning off at the local dealership to address an issue with the windshield wipers and an annoying squeak coming from the rear seatback. Yesterday I got a message from the dealer while I was work requesting that I call them. I thought they were going to tell me my truck was done, come pick it up. Then I saw a message in the FordPass app saying my truck had been involved in an accident. Sure enough, one of the service reps rear-ended someone while test driving my truck. Although the airbag did not deploy, there is significant damage to the front of the truck. The dealer says they will fix it, of course but I have some concerns. They claim there will be no diminished value and that it will be 100% good-as-new.

I want to see the truck's EDR (Event Data Recorder) data that is associated with the accident but the service manager was not able to provide it. I am hoping that there was a non-deployment event stored based on the fact that Ford notified me that my truck had been in an accident. Anyone have experience with this? How can I get the event data from the truck? I would like to know the details of speed, acceleration, ABS activation, etc. surrounding the accident. Thanks!

IMG_0146.jpg
That sucks.
Casco Bay Ford in Maine crashed my Lightning into a wall causing 13k in damages, when i brought it in for a leaking sun roof. They said the same thing about it not showing up on a carfax report but that change after the damage was assessed. They proceeded to leave it outside in the rain for a month with that leaking sun roof ruining the interior. Now, Almost 4 months later they returned it unfixed. Ford corporate is giving us the run around on the buy back option and now after being a huge fan of Ford and the Lightning will probably go buy a used Rivian until the electric Silverado comes out.
So stay on top of your dealer and hopefully they have more integrity then Casco Bay Ford.
best

Ford F-150 Lightning Dealer crashed my Lightning IMG_1300

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
That sucks.
Casco Bay Ford in Maine crashed my Lightning into a wall causing 13k in damages, when i brought it in for a leaking sun roof. They said the same thing about it not showing up on a carfax report but that change after the damage was assessed. They proceeded to leave it outside in the rain for a month with that leaking sun roof ruining the interior. Now, Almost 4 months later they returned it unfixed. Ford corporate is giving us the run around on the buy back option and now after being a huge fan of Ford and the Lightning will probably go buy a used Rivian until the electric Silverado comes out.
So stay on top of your dealer and hopefully they have more integrity then Casco Bay Ford.
best

IMG_1300.jpeg

Man that is awful. Sorry this happened to you man. It's a shame the weather is turning brutally cold up that way. You could make a sign and sit in a lawn chair on the sidewalk in front of the dealer and see how quickly the situation is addressed.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
Could always be worse.

My wife’s best friend dropped her Toyota off at the dealership to address a drivability issue. The tech took the car out to verify concerns and he was involved in a crash where the other driver was killed. Both cars were totaled.
That sucks.
best
I would think that the dealership would be the one responsible for a buy back, not Ford corporate. The dealer is the one that caused the damage.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
That sucks.
best

IMG_1300.jpeg
Sounds like someone needs a top notch attorney. And I’m not a fan of them.

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
Call your agent, Insurance companies have good lawyers. A good insurance agent has seen about everything so they can advise you. They will get an estimate for repair which will be quite a lot, and things will start moving once actual money is getting talked about. Ultimately it is going to be on the dealer’s insurance company, unless you can lemon law the leaking sunroof.

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
It is really unethical for dealers to say that they can fix it without carfax getting involved. The diminution of value that the dealer caused you can be calculated by insurance companies, as well as loss of use. The dealer’s insurance company owes you whatever it takes to make you whole, which incudes a repaired truck, payment for the loss of use of the truck, and the diminished value. Their insurance company won’t blink at all about writing you a several thousand dollar check for the last two, they do it every day. Nobody was injured so this sort of payout doesn’t raise their blood pressure at all.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
after being a huge fan of Ford and the Lightning will probably go buy a used Rivian until the electric Silverado comes out
So you really think that Rivian will provide better service? Is there even a Rivian service location in Maine?

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
So you really think that Rivian will provide better service? Is there even a Rivian service location in Maine?
You know, sometimes it's not about doing better, sometimes it's simply about getting out of whatever hole you're in and not doing worse...

If they wrecked the guys truck and fail to take responsibility / give a s--t, then maybe all he wants is an alternative to that even if it means driving 150 miles for what might be not much better, but hopefully it is not worse.

Sponsored

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
You know, sometimes it's not about doing better, sometimes it's simply about getting out of whatever hole you're in and not doing worse...

If they wrecked the guys truck and fail to take responsibility / give a s--t, then maybe all he wants is an alternative to that even if it means driving 150 miles for what might be not much better, but hopefully it is not worse.
One of the advantages of major OEM dealer system is that in most areas, if you are unhappy with one dealer, you can get your vehicle. Here in Arizona there are 40 Ford dealers and 5 Tesla service centers, and 1 Rivian. I realize than in more rural area there fewer Ford dealers, but the same applies to Tesla and Rivian. So this seems to be about getting out of a hole you're in and then climbing into a much bigger one.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
That sucks.
best

IMG_1300.jpeg
They returned it without repairing the damage they caused?

Demann

First Name
dwight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightening lariat extended range
Occupation
contractor
That sucks.
best

IMG_1300.jpeg
They returned it without repairing the damage they caused?
They eventually "fixed" all of it, if you consider after 110 days they returned it and the sunroof would not function, missing a piece of trim and a loud rattle.
I have appreciated all of the of your comments. I unfortunately gave my dealer Casco Bay Ford the benefit of the doubt, accidents happen and they would make it right. That was not the case they passed it on to Corporate as a leaky sunroof by leaving it in the rain and heat for 2 months.
I am in the process of a buy back and feel giving Rivian a try would be fun. I actually think they would have handled this better then ford since reputation and experience matters more to them.
Pick your dealer well and avoid Casco Bay Ford.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
That was not the case they passed it on to Corporate as a leaky sunroof by leaving it in the rain and heat for 2 months.
FRAUD against the Moco by the dealer!

OP
OP
uniblab

uniblab

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT SR , '93 Mustang GT, '11 E450
Thank you all for the replies, they have been invaluable to help me through this situation. I will be getting the fitcamx dash cam or something similar to it once I have my truck back - cheap insurance and I've always wanted to have recordings of the jackassery I witness on the road every day. I did stop by the local police department to verify that there was no police report filed on the date of the accident (Nov. 1st 2023). There wasn't, so I guess the tech was telling the truth when he said the guy he hit just drove off.

My truck is being repaired at the dealership's body shop. Normally I would worry about that but friends of mine have some past experience with this shop and it has all been good. I expect the truck to be indistinguishable from new but I will be bringing a friend along just in case - he is a professional auto detailer with an eye for finding flaws in paint/body work. If he is happy, I will be happy. The service manager has promised to compensate me for diminished value and other expenses I have incurred due to the incident. They also set me up with a Lighting loaner truck (a platinum no less). So far, they have done everything right since the accident occurred. The dealer is Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney, Tx. I bought my previous truck from this dealership, have had major repairs performed satisfactorily by their service department in the past, and in general have been happy with them up until this incident. If they repair my truck 100% and write me a check to cover diminished value plus my other expenses, I will not add them to my shit list but there is still a lot that can go wrong. I stopped by yesterday, they said all of the parts have arrived and that they will be starting repairs on Monday (the 8th of January). Keeping my fingers crossed.
Sponsored