• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Congrat's on the transfer, hopefully you can share landmark events like when production rates increase or line expansion happens.
Or also just let us know every time an AMB goes down the line !!
Sponsored

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
Well the Mannequin also provide a chance for reservations holders to see a actual truck, drive it and decide if they want to cancel or wait until possible 2023 to take delivery....

Should they cancel everyone behind them would move up and be able to order the truck they wanted vs taking the truck somebody else ordered... Also it would most likely be up to the dealers but suspect they would just sell the unsold truck (which becomes a dealer stock truck) to the first person off the street and not spend time running through the reservation in order..

This would minimize the issue with someone ordering a truck simply to decide they didn't want it when it came in....

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Well the Mannequin also provide a chance for reservations holders to see a actual truck, drive it and decide if they want to cancel or wait until possible 2023 to take delivery....
I want to tow my race trailer with the mannequin, wonder if the dealers are open to this?

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Oh I'm sure it'll be fine!?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I want to tow my race trailer with the mannequin, wonder if the dealers are open to this?
Talk to your dealer. With the Mach-e some were loaning it out for a week (or at least a few days) at a time to give people experience with an EV.

Sponsored

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator

Should they cancel everyone behind them would move up and be able to order the truck they wanted vs taking the truck somebody else ordered... Also it would most likely be up to the dealers but suspect they would just sell the unsold truck (which becomes a dealer stock truck) to the first person off the street and not spend time running through the reservation in order..

This would minimize the issue with someone ordering a truck simply to decide they didn't want it when it came in....
Having ridden in one at one of the Demo's last fall, I can't imagine anyone with a reservation cancelling after test driving one!

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Having ridden in one at one of the Demo's last fall, I can't imagine anyone with a reservation cancelling after test driving one!
People can cancel for a lot of reasons after a test drive that don't have a lot to do with vehicle performance. Maybe this is their first truck and it is just too big for them. Maybe they can't find a comfortable seating position, or don't like the sight lines (I have said no to a car because I couldn't stand the A-pillar location), maybe they hate Sync 4. You just never know.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
People can cancel for a lot of reasons after a test drive that don't have a lot to do with vehicle performance. Maybe this is their first truck and it is just too big for them. Maybe they can't find a comfortable seating position, or don't like the sight lines (I have said no to a car because I couldn't stand the A-pillar location), maybe they hate Sync 4. You just never know.
I had a car once that should have had different a pillars. Test drive was fine (rural roads/highway). The first time driving into a sweeping left turn at the grocery store...Oh F*ck, I can't see the space that my car is about to occupy. This necessitated shifting left and right in the driver's seat to properly see around both sides of the a-pillar. Also its headlights left a lot to be desired on low beam (high beam was great, but dark roads with any traffic and you couldn't see well, especially when turning) I liked the gen1 Chevy Volt otherwise.

Last edited:

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
From our experience with the same 15" screen that controls every thing in the Mach E and we miss the knobs and buttons dedicated to a single purpose. Example, seat heat or cool is push buttons in our 21 Platinum. The HVAC knobs are far superior to diving into the 15" screen. In the truck I have gloves on ar times, fan Auto is a Button on the truck. I wish every Trim had the options of 12" a screen and the various buttons and knobs like our current Platinum.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I mentioned to my wife last night that these 'new' vehicles with all the tech and 'screens' need to really put them in a place that is EASILY accessible by the driver - which would be RIGHT WITHIN THE STEERING WHEEL - where the steering turns and rotates around the 'static' screen. Makes sense. Hear me Ford?

Sponsored

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
Unlikely. That's where the driver's side airbag is mounted.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I mentioned to my wife last night that these 'new' vehicles with all the tech and 'screens' need to really put them in a place that is EASILY accessible by the driver - which would be RIGHT WITHIN THE STEERING WHEEL - where the steering turns and rotates around the 'static' screen. Makes sense. Hear me Ford?
Hyundai has a patent for this but I haven't seen it in production.

The Koenigsegg Gemara is probably has the closest thing to what you're describing. A wild speedometer that spins with the steering wheel and LCD controls on the spoke. It'll only cost you $1.7 million which seems like a bargain to me.

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Hyundai has a patent for this but I haven't seen it in production.

The Koenigsegg Gemara is probably has the closest thing to what you're describing. A wild speedometer that spins with the steering wheel and LCD controls on the spoke. It'll only cost you $1.7 million which seems like a bargain to me.
I would expect it would fail head impact testing in a crash also. I would much rather see further implementation in a heads up display.

Reactions: GDN

Slick68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rapid Red Lightning, 68 Mustang, 17 Road Glide
It’s also an opportunity for Ford to bring people into the show room. One of the big feathers Ford waved prior to production was the number of people who reserved an F-150 Lightning that had never owned a Ford before.
Non-Ford folks will come in to see the Lightning and may or may not decide to get one, but they may see an ICE vehicle there that they like instead.

“If you build it, they will come”

I know I’ll be in there several times a week just to stare at it and run my fingers all over it until the Lightning I ordered comes in! ?
Sponsored