• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EA Plug & Charge disappeared in Fordpass [resolved]

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Acura TL, '13 Ford Escape
Not sure when it happened…maybe with the Supercharger update or maybe when my dealer factory reset the truck…but EA is no longer listed in Plug & Charge. It was there previously and worked…but now only Tesla is there.

Ford F-150 Lightning EA Plug & Charge disappeared in Fordpass [resolved] IMG_4453

I’ve checked everything I can think of, but clearly I’m missing something.

Anyone else have this issue? Any other insight from you wizards out there?
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'm still seeing both, v-4.33.0

Ford F-150 Lightning EA Plug & Charge disappeared in Fordpass [resolved] 1709925705315

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Factory reset the truck? That’s probably the trigger here, not the update. Assuming you reconnected to all the services, give it a day or two to resync with the mothership.

OP
OP
DiveMan911

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m on SW version 4.33.
I do agree the factory reset is the likely culprit, especially since no one else seems to be having this issue.

I have turned plug & charge off, and then back on…but I am going to leave it off for 24hrs today…give it a little extra time to reset itself.

I have reconnected all the services…and it’s been well over a week and still no dice.

Sponsored

Schroederhc1

First Name
Cordell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER, 1990 911 Targa
Occupation
Self Employed
Delete the app and reinstall?

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I noticed some quirkiness, but if EA is already selected it doesn't appear in the list. OR try deselecting Tesla and/or turning off plug-n-charge and they will both come back.

But really, if you have plug-n-charge selected, you don't need to select any specific network because it will automatically already be Tesla and EA only.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I’m on SW version 4.33.
I do agree the factory reset is the likely culprit, especially since no one else seems to be having this issue.

I have turned plug & charge off, and then back on…but I am going to leave it off for 24hrs today…give it a little extra time to reset itself.

I have reconnected all the services…and it’s been well over a week and still no dice.
I'm curious to see how your charging experience with the P&C feature is affected, how long before you have an adapter?

OP
OP
DiveMan911

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm curious to see how your charging experience with the P&C feature is affected, how long before you have an adapter?
I don't do a lot of DCFC, but we have a couple long distance trips planned this summer. So, I actually don't know yet how it is affected. I may end up going to an EA station in town just to see. Before it was removed from the app it worked well. On the Tesla side...I am on the schedule for a June arrival for the adapter.

Delete the app and reinstall?
Liked your suggestion. Tried it...no dice.

OP
OP
DiveMan911

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I noticed some quirkiness, but if EA is already selected it doesn't appear in the list. OR try deselecting Tesla and/or turning off plug-n-charge and they will both come back.

But really, if you have plug-n-charge selected, you don't need to select any specific network because it will automatically already be Tesla and EA only.
I did try deselecting Tesla in addition to turning off plug & charge. EA just never shows up anymore.

Sponsored

Puffoluffagus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
I don't have it on mine either.

I also don't have charge assist that is so frequently mentioned on this forum as well. So who knows. I don't d/c fast charge that often. The one time I tried plug and charge early on in my ownership, I couldn't get it to work and just went through the EA app instead.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I’m on SW version 4.33.

@DiveMan911

same here.

tried all: delete reinstall. Turn off & on. Turn off, wait a day, turn it back on.

guess I’ll just use ea app until it return.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Just clear all the filters and accept it, and then go back in a select plug-n-charge. You should see Tesla and EA in the networks section. But you don't really need them unless you specifically want just one for some reason. I'm using iOS. It might act differently on android.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DiveMan911

DiveMan911

First Name
R.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Found the fix. I had to unenroll/cancel the Blue Oval Charging Network subscription and reactivate it. That fixed it.

Thank you all!
Sponsored