• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

"Electrical System Drain - Service Requested" error message

merek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER [6/20]
Never resolved. Happen to me twice but I did noticed that it happen with these conditions:

Cold outside, below 40 degrees
Battery was less than 40%
Truck was plugged into the FCSP 2-3 hours waiting to charge during set hours
This happened to me once and all 3 of those criteria happened as well.

Odd. Especially item #3.
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I got it once but I did have my OBD interface plugged in.

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Resurrecting this thread as I just got the same error but most recently I updated my Tesla Wall Charger, which now tracks charging within the app, and thus I believe pinging the truck for data like someone mentioned.

Can anyone confirm this?

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning Lariat (In fords holding lot:)
Just had this happen tonight while plugged in to fcsp, was making constant clicking sound at fcsp, completely weird

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Just had this happen tonight while plugged in to fcsp, was making constant clicking sound at fcsp, completely weird
A former member reported issues with Apple Air tags causing certain types of issues with communications, do you use this device?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A former member reported issues with Apple Air tags causing certain types of issues with communications, do you use this device?
Nope no apple products in my house, similar conditions to others about 45 degrees and around 50 percent battery waiting to charge, also errored out on charging about 3 percent short of target charge but when I flipped breaker off, unplugged truck and plugged it back in it was at desired charge, just really weird, but truck and fcsp were definitely engaged disengaging about every ten seconds so wondering if that was drawing on 12 v battery or something. I also accidentally left frunk open for a couple hours in garage and closed it right before this happened so not sure if that maybe triggered some sort of glitch

mefly2

First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER / KO2s max tow ; 22 F350, 23 C8 Vette
Occupation
Retired CSc/Math teacher. LEO
It happened to us last week ... disconnected 12v batt and put on tender.
Then reconnected the 12v batt and problem has not yet reappeared (I did say yet).

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It happened to us last week ... disconnected 12v batt and put on tender.
Then reconnected the 12v batt and problem has not yet reappeared (I did say yet).
Just an update took in to dealer, there was a TSB for a code related to the heater, they ran the software update and the problem has gone away. This was an update that cannot be done OTA

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance, Lightning Lariat Extended
Most people with Mach-Es who reported this problem have found one of two causes. Accessories installed (such as a dash cam or ODB-2 dongle) that drain the battery. Or allowing a utility or other 3rd party to access the vehicle’s data. Constant pinging of the modem causing battery drain.

If those don’t apply to you, probably time for a visit to the dealer.
Interesting…on my Mach E I started seeing this message the day after I gave my utility access to the car so I can use their off-peak charging discount. It required install of a ChargePoint charger, too.

So the car just doesn’t like being pinged for data? Kind of a bummer considering it’s a nice discount.

Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Interesting…on my Mach E I started seeing this message the day after I gave my utility access to the car so I can use their off-peak charging discount. It required install of a ChargePoint charger, too.

So the car just doesn’t like being pinged for data? Kind of a bummer considering it’s a nice discount.
Yep. Pinging requires systems in the vehicle to operate, thus consuming 12V battery power. Couple this with the fact that the 12V battery is relatively small and the 12V battery charging strategy seems primarily designed to minimize HVB consumption and this is the result.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yep. Pinging requires systems in the vehicle to operate, thus consuming 12V battery power. Couple this with the fact that the 12V battery is relatively small and the 12V battery charging strategy seems primarily designed to minimize HVB consumption and this is the result.
But to ping the car the charger has to be plugged in (I assume), so wouldn't that keep the LVB topped off?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
But to ping the car the charger has to be plugged in (I assume), so wouldn't that keep the LVB topped off?
Only if the HVB is pulling charging energy from your EVSE, but once the vehicle reaches the target SOC limit, the charging stops and the supplemental LVB also stops until it reaches it's target low SOC to trigger a replenishment routine from the HVB.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Only if the HVB is pulling charging energy from your EVSE, but once the vehicle reaches the target SOC limit, the charging stops and the supplemental LVB also stops until it reaches it's target low SOC to trigger a replenishment routine from the HVB.
Ah interesting. So it's almost like I need to unplug the EVSE when it's not charging the car, which is a bit of a pain (although it's a very hefty discount I'm getting from the utility company).

Maybe I will flip around how I'm doing this. Instead of the vehicle having the charge schedule I will set it to "charge whenever plugged in" but make the EVSE dictate when it charges. Perhaps that will stop the EVSE from pinging for charging data while it's plugged in since it has more inherent information about the session.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Ah interesting. So it's almost like I need to unplug the EVSE when it's not charging the car, which is a bit of a pain (although it's a very hefty discount I'm getting from the utility company).

Maybe I will flip around how I'm doing this. Instead of the vehicle having the charge schedule I will set it to "charge whenever plugged in" but make the EVSE dictate when it charges. Perhaps that will stop the EVSE from pinging for charging data while it's plugged in since it has more inherent information about the session.
What info did you have to give the utility in order to participate in the program? Do they access the EVSE or the car?
Sponsored