• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
My full option XLT ER is being built TODAY: 10/3

Very little difference!

...I'll have my truck for months before these are built
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
My full option XLT ER is being built TODAY: 10/3

Very little difference!

...I'll have my truck for months before these are built
Just to clarify, your blend day on the window sticker is 9/26 hopefully you see module data soon

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I'm really happy my XLT ER is built, and hopefully shipping soon. I really want to get away from the giant screen in my MME. I want buttons and knobs again and it sucks that the screen size/system is being linked to the battery size. I know the future will likely put that giant screen in everything, but I'll be driving my 2023 for as long as it lasts.

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Having been stalking the XLT for quite a while I noticed it's price is going up $2500 from 54,995 to $57,495 . That normally wouldn't be a big deal except that they said it should be switching to LFP which should make it cheaper. Either LFP isnt happening or they are charging a premium for it.

Lariat and Pro Prices stayed put and Plat went down.

Also all the images still seem to be showing SYNC in the display. I wonder if the High trim on XLT even exists anymore or if it has morphed into the Flash.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Having been stalking the XLT for quite a while I noticed its price is going up $2500 from 54,995 to $57,495 . That normally wouldn't be a big deal except that they said it should be switching to LFP which should make it cheaper. Either LFP isnt happening or they are charging a premium for it.
whatever happened with the LFP batteries? Mustang is beginning to be delivered with them.

I’d prefer the longer lasting LFP battery myself.

clayjk

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER (on order)
whatever happened with the LFP batteries? Mustang is beginning to be delivered with them.

I’d prefer the longer lasting LFP battery myself.
No news yet but think we can expect them to only be in SR models. All brands, ford included with the MME are keeping with non-LFPs for longer range models.

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
I had a loaded XLT SR built in December of 2022 Ordered a loaded XLT ER for the range, only.

Price was about the same...

Looking forward to the new one!

But, Both are great!

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, and more...
Occupation
Semi-retired electrical/computer/software engineer
More range in a cold climate is too encompassing. Heat pumps don't help in very cold temperatures, they help in a limited temperature band. So it may help someone in Canada in say November, but likely won't help in January.
This is a key point I think gets lost on many. We see it with our Model Y. It handles cold far better than our older Model X did due to the heat pump, *BUT* there's a point where the heat pump becomes counter-productive. The flipping point seems to be somewhere around -7°F, give or take a couple degrees and depending how conditioned the battery is before we start driving.

If buying a Lightning next year, I would want the heat pump. But I also don't feel that I missed out on having it with my '23 Lightning. It may help in moderate cold... I'll be shocked if it makes a meaningful difference and doesn't become more of a liability in harsh sub-zero temps.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
*BUT* there's a point where the heat pump becomes counter-productive.
How did you come to this conclusion? I was under the impression most systems would fall back to a resistive heating element (though I think in Tesla's case they use the motors as the resistance, same idea though).

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Ford Video guy suggested ford is canceling 23 stock orders as mentioned elsewhere and 24 orders start tomorrow. 23 order banks closing tonight.

Order guide out tomorrow morning. Ford video guy will go over order guide tomorrow. Build and price not available til Jan.

Notes from video:
Pro will be available but no production in 1Q.
Xlt 312A _IS_ the new flash
all models have the heat pump
tow tech standard on xlt and above.
lists onboard scales but???
flash and above get 90 day blue cruise

Eric22

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning lariat extended range
Anyone know if they will be making the heat pump available to purchase and put on previous years models to extend winter range? Also any word on the heated steering wheel fix?
Heated steering wheel fix is upcoming check your ford pass app and look for customer satisfaction program. As far as heat pump retro fit I would definitely be interested

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
NACS connector
It's not out yet, they haven't integrated it yet, Tesla hasn't even trialed the compatibility yet from what I can see.

They shook hands and made a deal, I haven't seen any actual progress in rolling it out.

So no, they won't have it on vehicles yet. The initial timeline said maybe useable by end 2024. Don't hold your breath.