• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Consolidated window stickers for Pro SR, Pro ER, Lariat ER and Platinum. I couldn't find any XLT or Lariat SR window stickers on the vehicles that were listed on Auto Trader. Someone with more time may be able to find them by randomly entering VINs.
Also forgot to mention that the 3/25/22 was the latest blend date I saw on the window stickers I found.

Would indicate that stickers are getting issued around a week before the blend date. I think this is in line with the ICE F150 process.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Unless you need that extra 10-20%, it's still best to keep it at 80%. It's better for battery life, but for me, it's mostly about time.

Mach-e is ~40 minutes from 10-80%

It'll take 20 minutes to go from 80-100%.

Unless that extra 10-20% is getting you to your destination, it's probably just better to move along at 80%.

For ioniq 5 @ 800v, it's

10-80% @ ~20 minutes, and 80-100% @ 20 minutes.
In the 2021 MME 4X models, after hitting 80% the charge rate slowed to 9-15 kWh. After CSP 21P22, the drop happens after 90% SOC. So originally, charging from 80% to 100% took well over an hour. After the update it takes about 10 minutes to charge from 80% to 90%. My experience has been that charging from 20% to 80% took about 45 minutes.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
And a Pro ER with 320 miles of EPA range!!!

1647534873969.png
So then a Lariat ER the same!? 320 would be nice, that’s what I’m getting with my Model Y, so I shouldn’t feel a difference with my driving routine.

Vorador

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Ford Escape
So then a Lariat ER the same!? 320 would be nice, that’s what I’m getting with my Model Y, so I shouldn’t feel a difference with my driving routine.
Well it will take longer to charge at home and longer to DC fast charge on trips. But as long as you don't drive too far each day, you probably won't notice the extra charging time.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Might be just a touch lower with 20" wheels and the fixed running boards that come on the Lariat. I'm expecting something between this and Platinum due to the efficiency penalty of 22" wheels.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
There is no dual plug, that would make no sense.
To me, having access to a charging port on both sides of an EV makes abundant sense. Especially, if you envision the near-term future of DCFC real-world experiences and poorly located charging ports. And 'more especially', if you are towing. It would probably be even more convenient for home charging.

The world had this one chance to standardize delivering a new transportation energy infrastructure. Instead, we're going to have a wild west of 'wrong way' vehicles at busy chargers trying to get to cables that force them to try to go against the tide of other vehicles. When it's charging, each vehicle gums up the flow for a lot longer time than adding gasoline.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
To me, having access to a charging port on both sides of an EV makes abundant sense. Especially, if you envision the near-term future of DCFC real-world experiences and poorly located charging ports. And 'more especially', if you are towing. It would probably be even more convenient for home charging.

The world had this one chance to standardize delivering a new transportation energy infrastructure. Instead, we're going to have a wild west of 'wrong way' vehicles at busy chargers trying to get to cables that force them to try to go against the tide of other vehicles. When it's charging, each vehicle gums up the flow for a lot longer time than adding gasoline.

Yup, every EV should have charging ports on both sides. Especially higher end EVs where the cost is justifiable.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yup, every EV should have charging ports on both sides. Especially higher end EVs where the cost is justifiable.
If it was an option, how much would you be willing to pay for it? I might pony up for a few hundred, but I suspect it would be in the thousands.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Might be just a touch lower with 20" wheels and the fixed running boards that come on the Lariat. I'm expecting something between this and Platinum due to the efficiency penalty of 22" wheels.
My Y has the 20” induction wheels and gets about 320 to 323. Even at 300 with a LARIAT, I’m happy with that. But that little extra is nice when it comes to EVs. It’s going to be interesting. I get great mileage when I set the cruise control at 65 and take my time in the slow lane getting where I need to go, which is half the time. The other half, no way Jose, my mileage goes out the window when I drive faster (safely) for the fun of it!

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Is that like having every gas car with 2 fuel ports? Or maybe EVs with 4 charging ports (left, right, front, back). Personally I'd rather have extra cup holders, than extra charge ports ;)

Reactions: GDN

Sponsored

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
Is that like having every gas car with 2 fuel ports? Or maybe EVs with 4 charging ports (left, right, front, back). Personally I'd rather have extra cup holders, than extra charge ports ;)
If we could pull up on either side then it wouldn't be a problem. It would just be nice if we had options, particularly because the vehicle will be plugged in for much longer than a car is at a gas pump.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Does anyone know the significance of the numbers listed within the red box? I think the top number means that it was the 4663rd vehicle to start assembly and the bottom numbers are the order the vehicle was built on a particular day (153) over how many total vehicles were scheduled for that date (228).
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Official EPA Range MPGe Revealed in Window Sticker (Base + Extended Range)! 1647615143651

This one has the same blend date and a lower number on the top (4652) but the bottom has a denominator of 371.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Official EPA Range MPGe Revealed in Window Sticker (Base + Extended Range)! 1647615317781

Can anyone make sense of this? Is the bottom number based on shift, assembly line or something else?

williams

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F-150
Occupation
Ford Sales
This is all just "funky" EPA ev math. Until real range tests happen, whatever they note here can be taken as a rough estimate.

Rivian is the same w/ the range suggesting 281, but real world tests have it at EPA range (Edmunds tested it fully).

Same w/ Ioniq 5 as well.
Agreed my model Y said 318 range when i purchased it, after owning it 3 months that avg dropped all the way down to 261. Florida is not kind to EV vehicles with AC systems drawing significant power. At these figures Im cancelling.

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Agreed my model Y said 318 range when i purchased it, after owning it 3 months that avg dropped all the way down to 261. Florida is not kind to EV vehicles with AC systems drawing significant power. At these figures Im cancelling.
For the SR, the figure is the same it has been since range was released months ago. For the ER, range has actually improved. Just curious, did you anticipate Ford had been lying about range for the last six months, and was going to massively improve at the 11th hour? I can get canceling an order, but this reason is the strangest one yet.
Sponsored