• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FCSP Software Version 2.112.77:2.135:1.18:0.39:0.48

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
Never mind, it’s a POS. I need to reset again, like the first time it was installed. At some point it must have lost connection with my home Wi-Fi. I’m not even going to bother. It charges the truck and that’s all I need… smh…
I looked at my FCSP via the configuration utility, appears the new update has already posted sometime today.

Ford F-150 Lightning FCSP Software Version 2.112.77:2.135:1.18:0.39:0.48 1678761100457

Funny thing, I got an alert from Fordpass telling me my charger might have inadvertently been unplugged from the truck, when in reality it's been unplugged all day since 8:05 AM breakfast run. I suspect the 6:15 PM alert was the FCSP getting it's update posted maybe it lost connection to the mothership??

Ford F-150 Lightning FCSP Software Version 2.112.77:2.135:1.18:0.39:0.48 1678761025679

I was going to conduct a week long experiment, no charging my truck daily for the minor used energy and wait until Saturday or Sunday evening to do a "Tank Up" at EA-Wrentham, their cost of energy is 60% of what I'm paying at home (even with the recent price increase to 29 cents/minute)

My Fordpass is still showing what yours is showing, but possibly a restart will cause it to report it's new code base to the mothership, or on completion of the next charge cycle.

It's raining cats & dogs right now (thankfully not reaching blizzard status yet) so I'm not going out until the morning....
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I looked at my FCSP via the configuration utility, appears the new update has already posted sometime today.

1678761100457.png

Funny thing, I got an alert from Fordpass telling me my charger might have inadvertently been unplugged from the truck, when in reality it's been unplugged all day since 8:05 AM breakfast run. I suspect the 6:15 PM alert was the FCSP getting it's update posted maybe it lost connection to the mothership??

1678761025679.png

I was going to conduct a week long experiment, no charging my truck daily for the minor used energy and wait until Saturday or Sunday evening to do a "Tank Up" at EA-Wrentham, their cost of energy is 60% of what I'm paying at home (even with the recent price increase to 29 cents/minute)

My Fordpass is still showing what yours is showing, but possibly a restart will cause it to report it's new code base to the mothership, or on completion of the next charge cycle.

It's raining cats & dogs right now (thankfully not reaching blizzard status yet) so I'm not going out until the morning....
I went ahead and cut off power at the breaker and still no connection, so I know it has something to do with the WiFi. I just don’t have the energy to reset this damn thing again and start over. It took over 8 times last time to get it to sync. It shows on Ford Pass though, so who knows.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Just looked at my app again and it looks like there is an update pending for the FCSP. I am assuming there is no way to force the update right now.

44CB10B1-5B27-430A-B2C3-47CA9296ABB5.jpeg
I think the only thing you can do is leave your truck unplugged for the night & see if it updates. The Ford Rep said it’d try again if it failed.
They told me they would push the update to mine. Not sure how that’s possible though until I get communication back to it. Ford said that’d get back with me in a couple of days if I haven't heard anything sooner.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I had tried the reset button on mine & it did nothing. The LED stayed blue & never flashed white like the instructions posted on another thread. I told the Ford rep about it & he said the reset is hit & miss on some chargers. That seemed pretty odd.
I did tell him that I’d read of someone else on here experiencing lost communication on their FCSP the same as I had. He said he’d bring it up in his next meeting in case it was a problem developing.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I had tried the reset button on mine & it did nothing. The LED stayed blue & never flashed white like the instructions posted on another thread. I told the Ford rep about it & he said the reset is hit & miss on some chargers. That seemed pretty odd.
I did tell him that I’d read of someone else on here experiencing lost communication on their FCSP the same as I had. He said he’d bring it up in his next meeting in case it was a problem developing.
You just have to keep resetting until it works. I say it's a POS but the dude who installed it was pretty impressed with it. Like I said earlier the charger is doing its job as far as charging the Truck at good speeds, no complaints there.

Sponsored

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Maybe I gave up to quick but I tried it probably 10 times holding it for up to 30 secs or longer. I'll see what Siemens has to say. They didn't even mention the reset button. They had me do the same as the Ford rep, cycle the power & disconnect my router. The sequence they used was
1. Power off the FCSP
2. Power off the router for 15 min.
3. Turn back on the FCSP
4. Turn back on the router.

This is the first problem I've had with mine. It's still charging fine. I'm unable to down rate the amps & unable to see any charging activity in the Insights section in Ford Pass. That's my only issues, plus now not able to update the charger.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
To my understanding, the mobile charger does 32amps but Pro charger is 80amps, regardless of truck.
Max level 2 charge rate on the SR is 48A.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
FCSP via setup application
1678761100457.png

Did the shutdown and restart, took about 15 minutes for it to acquire the network connection, now Fordpass reports the same configuration as the EVSE was showing last night.

Ford F-150 Lightning FCSP Software Version 2.112.77:2.135:1.18:0.39:0.48 1678799989861

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
After numerous calls between Ford & Siemens they are going to replace my FCSP. It lost wifi communication on 3/5 and everything they had me tried didn't correct it.
The Ford rep said after me inquiring, that he is going to try to get Ford to pay for the Electricians fees for changing units.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Looks like mine ended up finally updating on its own and can now see daily charging fees

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
And mine has failed to report charging data on Saturday and Sunday, so I shut it down this afternoon and restarted, hopefully it will resume picking up data for Tuesday mornings charging session.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I don't even bother checking or using any of the "smart" features. I plug in, it charges my truck. Would have used something else if it didn't come with the truck.

jerock

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I probably wouldn't have been concerned about the lose of communication, but they've already pushed one update for the charger that I'm unable to receive. While it's still under warranty I'd like it to work with all the features.

ddbrooke

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I apparently have the latest software version of 2.112.77:2.135:1.18:0.39:0348.
My biggest problem is that 4 out of my last 5 scheduled charges have quit in the middle of the night. I've come to not care about the reporting features because they rarely work. My 'Insights' catches less than 1/3 of my charges.
Anyone have suggestions to solve the scheduled charge failures?
I've not bothered to take the cover off to do a reset. I just flip the breaker after each failure.

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Rivian R1S
Power cycling by turning breaker off and on has worked in the past for me
I have tried this in the past with little success. Sometimes FCSP connects to WiFi, Most times it does not
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.