• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FCSP - unable to connect to CSP wifi

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER AntiMatter BLue
Occupation
IT
I have a 50 AMP connection to the CSP and have the dial set accordingly. Doing the initial setup and it is not taking the wifi password. I have power cycled the CSP a few times now and have also done a factory reset. The SSID is correct and matches the labels, but password will just not work. have also rebooted my phone and verified all apps are current latest version.

I am currently on with Ford now, but he is thinking a new box will be needed, or does anyone here have any ideas on what might be happening?

i have verified that the password is correct and case sensitive.
Thank you
Sponsored

Last edited:

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
This happened to someone else on here and they eventually figured out that they were reading the password incorrectly. Pay close attention to the number “1” and lower case ”L”, number “6” and upper case “G”, etc.

OP
OP
Fingerbang

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
password is attached in image:

pKL6ruAc2Pty

i have tried pKLGruAc2Pty

nothing works, was on with ford and they called technical support for help and nothing, so now i wait for ever, then I will have to wait even longer if they are going to send out another FCSP.

Ford F-150 Lightning FCSP - unable to connect to CSP wifi ac

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
It took 24 hours of being powered-up before I was able to access via the password. (I have read others had to wait for a bit before their passwords worked as well - don't know why though).

OP
OP
Fingerbang

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
It took 24 hours of being powered-up before I was able to access via the password. (I have read others had to wait for a bit before their passwords worked as well - don't know why though).
ok thats new, i will try again tomorrow

Thank you

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fingerbang

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Ya actually waited a week and still no go. Ford has no era or any update for me as of friday. Love that this FCSP is valued at how much?

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Just asking .. you are using the charge station pro setup app and not ford pass app to connect to the charger to set it up , correct ? We had another member here not be able to setup his charger for weeks because he wasn’t using the right app .

OP
OP
Fingerbang

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Just asking .. you are using the charge station pro setup app and not ford pass app to connect to the charger to set it up , correct ? We had another member here not be able to setup his charger for weeks because he wasn’t using the right app .
Yes, i open the Ford pass app and it opens the charge station pro app. Even if i open the CSP separately, same thing happens with the password.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
Yes, i open the Ford pass app and it opens the charge station pro app. Even if i open the CSP separately, same thing happens with the password.
The only other thing is you need to get to this screen on the charge station pro app and then make sure you are extremely close to the charger before you enter the password after it finds the charger . There are other ways to prompt the password dialogue , but it only connects at the screen right after this screen ( which I didn’t screencap because I don’t feel like resetting my csp) . Also make sure both apps are updated .

Ford F-150 Lightning FCSP - unable to connect to CSP wifi B0091C84-759C-49B9-B999-737BAE1F1869

OP
OP
Fingerbang

Fingerbang

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
From this screen i hit the Wi-Fi Settings and it brings up the WiFi settings on my phone, i do this sitting right in front of the charger, it sees the wifi of the charge station and the strength is good. But the password never works

Sponsored

V8BoatBuilder

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I had to input the password to mine into notepad to figure out the first letter was a lowercase L and not a 1-they use courier font. Zeros have the slash.

I cannot get my FCSP to connect to local Wi-Fi in the setup app. It keeps saying no networks found. I brought a 2.4ghz access point within five feet, phone and truck on it, and still nada

BzzzzztZapPow

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Explorer Hybrid, 18 Fusion Hybrid, 22 Lightning
For what it is worth, I had to complete a factory reset of the FCSP a couple of times to get it to connect to Ford Pass using the Charge Station Pro Installation app. The Siemens and Ford folks helped. The big take-away was to 'reset' and wait 3-5 minutes after the white reset light turns blue. Once connected to the Station ID it will pulse white until connected to your wifi and then back to blue. If it doesn't take, start over.

Here is the response from Siemens:

----------------------
  1. When the unit is powered on, the unit takes between 3-5 minutes to initialize and bring up the Web Server that the app interacts with. Any attempts to see the unit in the users wifi settings on their phone will be unsuccessful. Please check to ensure that the user is waiting long enough connect to the unit.
  2. If the user sees the unit as broadcasting its SN in their phone wifi settings and is able to connect to it via the wifi password labeled on the unit, the web server may still be initializing and the app may show an “unable to connect” screen. Ensure that the user is attempting to configure the unit only after they have given 3-5 minutes to boot up.
  3. If the user has connected the unit to their home access network in the past, the unit will not see the unit broadcasting it’s serial number in their wifi settings on their phone. The user will have to connect to the same access network that they configured the unit to in order to access the unit’s settings. This can be done by connecting to the same wifi access network that the unit was configured to and then going to “Station Settings” on the app. The unit should be visible in the list of chargers on the very next screen. We must know if the unit has been attempted to connect to the users access network.
  4. If the above steps are tried and the problem persists, the user can factory reset the unit by holding down the red button in the upper left of the PCBA for 10s then waiting 3-5 mins from the white reset light going off
--------------------
I also installed a mesh network extender close to the unit. It took me several weeks to get this issue resolved. To be honest, the juice was not worth the squeeze...I cussed and ranted and when it finally was connected, it was a bit underwhelming on what I had gained.

The password issue is perplexing. Your PW seems pretty straightforward. The only thing that I could imagine is a space either before or after.

Godspeed!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
I also installed a mesh network extender close to the unit. It took me several weeks to get this issue resolved. To be honest, the juice was not worth the squeeze...I cussed and ranted and when it finally was connected, it was a bit underwhelming on what I had gained.
Thanks for all these tips, I'm still waiting for GRID power connection for my garage, but in the meantime, I tested the Xfinity X1 broadcast strength from the house to garage, I've got a very week signal, ordered an XFi-pod (2nd gen) to extend the signal from the house to the garage, hopefully it works, reading the above tips should make my first attempt a bit smoother thanks to pioneers like yourself!!