• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
I'm not sure of what you are saying? When you use regen you charge the batteries when the truck is breaking there by adding milage to the batteries.
The regen process is not 100% efficient, but coasting IS 100% efficient. Regen is, of course, the best alternative when you must brake, versus using the mechanical brakes, which are 0% efficient, lol.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
The regen process is not 100% efficient, but coasting IS 100% efficient. Regen is, of course, the best alternative when you must brake, versus using the mechanical brakes, which are 0% efficient, lol.
With blended braking.. one pedal wouldn't get you any additional regen.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I didn't like it at first but yes I used one pedal driving. But cruise was used most of the drive yesterday.
In our Mach-e I use 1 pedal all of the time and love it. My wife hates it. I think it comes more naturally if you are more familiar with driving a manual transmission and using engine braking.

Villageidit

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 1500, 2008 Honda Element,
Occupation
Retired
You drove to Cookeville just to eat at the new Raising Cane's? Just kidding it's a beautiful drive up from Chattanooga and Cane's has great chicken. Wish I'd been there to see your new truck. Congrats

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I think he's saying the most efficient drive would be remain at a constant speed. With one pedal you'd have to constantly apply slight acceleration pressure whereas with one pedal off you could coast.

It would be really easy with one pedal to slightly slow down without realizing it..then use energy to get back up to speed.
With blended braking I really don't see any advantage in one pedal option other than personal preference...
OP did state cruise was on almost the whole time. When you’re in cruise, efficiency is not affected by what drive/brake mode is selected.

OP
OP
Beaux

Beaux

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum, 2021 F150 Limited
You drove to Cookeville just to eat at the new Raising Cane's? Just kidding it's a beautiful drive up from Chattanooga and Cane's has great chicken. Wish I'd been there to see your new truck. Congrats
We enjoy it, especially my son and it was a great excuse to go try out the lightning!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
No but the computer controlling 1PD is much better at determining how to achieve maximum regeneration than you are.
Not really.. whether you press the brake pedal or simply lay off the accelerator the result is the same. The truck will use as much regen as it can until it cannot any longer, at which point friction brakes kick in. Maximum possible regen will happen either way.

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
The most efficient mode is the one with the least regen when not pushing the accelerator. One-pedal is the least efficient mode.
The most basic principles of physics prove @RonTCat ‘s statement correct.. After that, it’s only a matter of by how much. Ford hasn’t invented a perpetual motion machine.

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
No but the computer controlling 1PD is much better at determining how to achieve maximum regeneration than you are.
The brake assistant will let you know if you're not braking "correctly." I've never seen my score below 98%, and I'm not trying too hard, so it's pretty easy to operate 2-pedal with nearly 100% regen.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
LOL... I bow to your power to change the laws of Physics...
One pedal could be accelerating, cruising like N, or regen braking. You ignored that you can cruise like N, not using battery, not braking.