• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford cancelling EV orders?

Flash

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
Occupation
EE

Maybe the strike is gonna target the EV plants...
Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician

Maybe the strike is gonna target the EV plants...
I'm being told that a strike at a truck plant is the last resort for the Union. It would be suicide to stop work at the plants that keep the companies afloat. And, technically, there are only 2 EV plants. Kansas City Transit plant and the Rouge REVC. Mach-E is made in Mexico.

If they are canceling dealer orders, maybe that's because they have retail orders they want to fill.

Sounds like that guy is just guessing.

MM in SouthTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
I'm being told that a strike at a truck plant is the last resort for the Union. It would be suicide to stop work at the plants that keep the companies afloat. And, technically, there are only 2 EV plants. Kansas City Transit plant and the Rouge REVC. Mach-E is made in Mexico.

If they are canceling dealer orders, maybe that's because they have retail orders they want to fill.

Trucks do keep Ford afloat, but EV's lose Ford billions a year. I won't pretend to know what the UAW's goal is in choosing where to strike.

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Ford will certainly have to prioritize 'which' orders of trucks, or any of it's vehicles, will take priority in the near future - someone who has ordered a Lightning likely will take priority over 'dealer stock', since it's basically a 'sold' vehicle - dealer stock is simply dealer stock.
All the news lately is about one thing: are gas manufacturers spending too much money on 'investing' in the 'new' EV craze... giving in to 'Biden' demands, or are they really thinking that 'this' is the future? One thing for sure, if you look at Tesla, it's a demand from customers, not from the government. Whether workers at these manufacturers like these 'changes' to EVs, or not, they are not going to stop the process, at least not in the long term.

'Robots' in factories were the 'scare' for workers for many years, too... and look at where we are today: If you don't have the 'state of the art' vehicle manufacturing processes today, you'd never survive.

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
I think there was a glitch in the system last week. I received a strange email from my dealer trying to have me schedule a test drive, then shortly thereafter an email “canceling” my Lightning Lariat order, followed a day later by a Ford email basically saying “Sorry it didn’t work out, maybe we will see you again sometime”, and yesterday a Ford survey showed up asking about my dealer experience last week. All this while I have been happily driving my Lightning since early July. 🥴

Scott Libre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Space Lazer Repair Technician
I was looking through the forum for reservations and delivered vehicles and I believe the last thread specifically mentioning delivery on the title was from September 2nd. Has Ford stopped moving Lightning orders to the dealerships? Is everything on hold?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I listened to a media conference by Ford exec's they are hopeful to see a resolution, but if the stoppage continues or expands to other plants, that is going to impact production. Note they are concerned about the impact of slowing or shuttering of OEM suppliers for a plant that has 4 to 5 thousand assembly workers there are 140,000 supply source workers that will wind down as well, some of these factories produce common parts used along many models of Ford products.

If they stop production at REVC valuable hours of production will be lost, stock dealer inventory should be the first to cancel so that remaining capacity to build is available for special customer orders.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I was looking through the forum for reservations and delivered vehicles and I believe the last thread specifically mentioning delivery on the title was from September 2nd. Has Ford stopped moving Lightning orders to the dealerships? Is everything on hold?
Several of the build threads are reporting updates to BUILT & SHIPPED status dates.
So far two trucks have been delivered to our members.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Thunder1809

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
I think there was a glitch in the system last week. I received a strange email from my dealer trying to have me schedule a test drive, then shortly thereafter an email “canceling” my Lightning Lariat order, followed a day later by a Ford email basically saying “Sorry it didn’t work out, maybe we will see you again sometime”, and yesterday a Ford survey showed up asking about my dealer experience last week. All this while I have been happily driving my Lightning since early July. 🥴
I got the same emails and have been driving mine since July. Called the dealer and he didn’t know anything about them.

FordBookends

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Lariat, ‘68 Mustang Conv, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder if this has something to do with re-invoiced vehicles in early/mid July when Ford adjusted pricing. I have 2 Windows stickers with 2 different prices (and Ford/dealer honored the lower one).

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired

Kansas city Transit plant???
Is the Ice F-150 no longer made in Claycomo?

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
Thank you. I had never heard it called Transit plant. I worked a few weeks on Transit line when it went in. The place is huge.
Sponsored