• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Judging by that screenshot, it looks like you still can't tell whether the truck is locked or unlocked? This has been driving me crazy since the first time I opened the app. They have to fix that!!
This came up some time ago. I think it has to do with vampire battery drain by allowing the truck to go into deep sleep without constant Locked/Unlocked polling. You can always press and hold the Lock button in the app to make sure the truck is locked when it reports back to you.
Sponsored

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Ford won't enable the Frunk or tailgate button on a vehicle without PAAK. What happens if you're on the other side of the country and accidentally press one of them? You don't know if they are opened or closed now. With PAAK, you have to be in Bluetooth range for them to work.
Same problem could happen for unlocking the truck by accident, for those of us without PAAK, but using FordPass App, especially if a button does not need to be held down for a couple of seconds. But even then "butt-pushing" the button could still happen for a couple of seconds. So perhaps FordPass should show in Flashing Red if vehicle is unlocked for a chance at correcting an accidental open/unlocking. @Ford Motor Company Still wishing the truck scale weight reading would come back to see loads when not in the truck.

Kwikone

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ford lightning xlt 312a package
Well not quite. Your truck does not have PAAK, so you will not get frunk or trunk icons in the app. If you had PAAK you would already have those buttons in the current app.

That screenshot was a Mach-E. Here's what it looks like on a Lightning - that has PAAK. On your truck you just have the horn/light button - and always will.

1711205936816-5r.png
That stinks 😕😕

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Another question: So Tesla uses the 12 volt battery to charge items, (phone, etc.) how come with Ford uses the main EV battery?

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release IMG_5492

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Another question: So Tesla uses the 12 volt battery to charge items, (phone, etc.) how come with Ford uses the main EV battery?
Ford uses the HVB through a DC-DC converter to power 12V loads while the vehicle is running. The 12V battery powers the loads when vehicle is off (but if it gets low the converter will charge it up). Converter also powers the Pro Power inverter. It uses way more power than the tiny 12V battery could provide.
Besides, Tesla has to charge their 12V battery through a similar DC-DC converter.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Tesla has one app for Models S3XY and everyone gets updates pushed for all vehicles not just those who have top three trim models?
PAAK requires additional hardware so it is not free to include it on lower trims. PAAK is more than just software. Plus Ford (and others) package more desired features in upper trims so they can charge more.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Same problem could happen for unlocking the truck by accident,
But if your door is unlocked, it doesn't pop open. And the first time somebody does it in a parking lot, and the tailgate opens onto another car, they will be on this forum complaining about it.

And, do you know how many times I've pressed one of those buttons in 1.5 years and 33k miles? None. Why would I want to dig the phone out of my pocket, open the app, and then wait for the command to go around the world through Ford's slow ass servers, when in a fraction of the time I can push the button on the tailgate or Frunk. IMO, you're not missing anything.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Everything except motive power and HVAC run on the 12V battery.

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 ⚡XLT SR
Occupation
Retired
Learning, thanks all😆👍🏼

Yes, is my truck locked or unlocked, is a door open or seatbelt left connected, etc? Feel so peasant like driving a XLT?!

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass Update 5.0.0 -- Limited Public Beta Release IMG_5493

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I want BC 1.4 and Pro Power without having truck on. Dog mode would be nice but my workaround for that is to use the sketch app. I love how the truck can be locked when it's on. We can't do that on our Ioniq 5 which sucks. Have to do the open window trick to lock then unlock with the app.

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Bummer that you still can’t see
the live status of things like locks, temps, door/frunk/tailgate position. That’s one big feature that I really miss having after using the Tesla app.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
The whole thing is confusing. In not sure what’s EAP and what’s not 🤣
Agreed.

I signed up for EAP a LONG time ago and I have logged into the website many times and have never seen any EAP items for me to test. Not sure what determines who gets what and when.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Both use the 12v system. Both use the 12v battery. And both use the HV battery through the DC-DC converter to charge the 12v battery and provide additional power when required.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Agreed.

I signed up for EAP a LONG time ago and I have logged into the website many times and have never seen any EAP items for me to test. Not sure what determines who gets what and when.
Did you get accepted? Signing up and being accepted are 2 different things.
Sponsored