• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front sensor blocked

Kenglishdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning
Me too….. Bought my mine 2 weeks ago. Next morning warning came up backing out of the driveway. Does it intermittently. I live in California, weather has been mild, and I haven’t washed the truck yet.
Question: How exactly do you report problems “via the synk system?”
Thanks
KE
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Question: How exactly do you report problems “via the synk system?”
Thanks
KE
Sync screen, truck settings, General, Record Feedback
Ford F-150 Lightning Front sensor blocked 1699719911021

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
I have the exact same problem with my two week old truck but I got the error after the car wash so I suspected water got in there
Same here, doesn’t like the rain or a wash. Any way to access the sensors towards the middle of the bumper?

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
So I've got a new Lightning and I'm already back here asking for info...
I made the trip home from the dealer (3 hous away) with no issues until I pulled into the driveway.
i get the error that the front sensor is unavailable, front sensor blocked. I checked the FB Lightning group and a clear pattern I could see is that a the other members reporting this are new buyers that purchased within the last couple of weeks. Any know of a DIY solution or is the dealer the answer?

View attachment 74987

View attachment 74988
Me too. 10 days old.
Happens more when it's dark, maybe?

Ford F-150 Lightning Front sensor blocked 20231106_073312

Ford F-150 Lightning Front sensor blocked 20231106_073346

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

Raynorgarnett

First Name
Raynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Me too. 10 days old.
Happens more when it's dark, maybe?

20231106_073312.jpg

20231106_073346.jpg
Me three. Brand new Lightning this week and I have left rear sensor and front right sensor doing the same thing with the same ‘parking sensor blocked’ error message. Dealer told me I’d need to leave it with them for a few days. I’ll share any feedback I get once they fix the issue

Turbodonkey

First Name
Johnathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning, 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Retired
So I've got a new Lightning and I'm already back here asking for info...
I made the trip home from the dealer (3 hous away) with no issues until I pulled into the driveway.
i get the error that the front sensor is unavailable, front sensor blocked. I checked the FB Lightning group and a clear pattern I could see is that a the other members reporting this are new buyers that purchased within the last couple of weeks. Any know of a DIY solution or is the dealer the answer?

View attachment 74987

View attachment 74988
Exact same problem with my truck, 2 weeks after delivery. Have had it to the dealer where they reported it as a defective sensor and have ordered and received it - waiting on it to be painted and installed. Had to take it to the dealer twice for them to warranty it.

cliffmoon

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning (on order)
Having the same problem. Front center left sensor. I'm in the PNW and it's been raining pretty consistently since then. Haven't contacted the dealership yet, gonna call tomorrow.

BuzzLightning2023

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
92 Explorer,94 F150,06 Avalanche,05 F250,11 F150
Having the same problem. Front center left sensor. I'm in the PNW and it's been raining pretty consistently since then. Haven't contacted the dealership yet, gonna call tomorrow.
I’m also having this problem (front right sensor) since I bought it on 10/27/23. Will report through Sync. It’s tolerable for now…

Sponsored

KickingGas

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro w/ Tow Tech Package
This happens to me very consistently. I have to park really close to the wall in my garage. About 50 percent of the time when I start the truck and begin backing up, I get this message. It goes away once I'm out of the garage, so in my case, I don't consider it an issue: the sensor really is "blocked".

RobG

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
Occupation
US Air Force
I have had my truck for a few weeks and I have predominantly seen this happen during dawn or dusk. I think the low angle of the sun may cause a glare which trips the sensor.

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
This happens to me very consistently. I have to park really close to the wall in my garage. About 50 percent of the time when I start the truck and begin backing up, I get this message. It goes away once I'm out of the garage, so in my case, I don't consider it an issue: the sensor really is "blocked".
Well yea under those circumstances it's working as intended.

cliffmoon

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning (on order)
It's been dry for the past few days and the issue went away. Seems to only be a problem with the rain.

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
It's been dry for the past few days and the issue went away. Seems to only be a problem with the rain.
Glad yours worked out.
Mine is still persistent. Can't get a sooner appt with the dealer(next week)
Sponsored