• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How many Lightnings have you seen in the wild?

PatchesPal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model y, Lexus RX300
I am in Seattle, Only one so far, It was at night so the lighting caught my eye. Sure I have driven past many but did not notice. I see an R1T every day. Was On Maui last week and saw 3 Lightnings.
Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Much of the sightings are ZEV states, and much of the non-sightings are in "what's an EV" states. There are 2022 mannequins sitting at dealerships in "what's an EV" states.
I think this is the key, I'm in a ZEV state. There's so many Lightnings around me, I'm guessing that's why I've been asked about it maybe only 5 times in the 7 months I've owned it. In my somewhat affluent neighborhood, it seems like every other vehicle I pass is an EV nowadays.

I have non-stock wheels on my Tesla, or there's no way I'd know which one is mine in the parking lot. It's almost like 1 in 20 vehicles on the road are Tesla by me. Taycan and Hummer are the unicorns, I've only seen one Hummer and two Taycans. Ioniqs seems to be the new hot EV, as I've seen a ton of them on the road lately.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I think this is the key, I'm in a ZEV state. There's so many Lightnings around me, I'm guessing that's why I've been asked about it maybe only 5 times in the 7 months I've owned it. In my somewhat affluent neighborhood, it seems like every other vehicle I pass is an EV nowadays.

I have non-stock wheels on my Tesla, or there's no way I'd know which one is mine in the parking lot. It's almost like 1 in 20 vehicles on the road are Tesla by me. Taycan and Hummer are the unicorns, I've only seen one Hummer and two Taycans. Ioniqs seems to be the new hot EV, as I've seen a ton of them on the road lately.
Right.

Michigan isn't a ZEV state. Despite getting on the reservation list less than 12 hours in, I didn't get the option to order until 11/15, and that was for a 2023 with deletes. People who reserved much later, weeks if not months, got in front of me. ZEV states.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I have yet to see another Lightning in the wild. I've seen two Rivians. I live in the FL panhandle so it's a bit surprising Rivians are more popular. It also means my coworkers and friends know if they see a Lightning it's me lol.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I’ve seen one in my hometown, but I don’t think it’s locally-owned. Twice I’ve seen one parked at the airport, and one at a DCFC.

The two at the airport could have been the same truck.

Sponsored

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
6-7 F150L sightings on the road, but think I've seen the same white and AMB ones more than once. Saw 2 Rivians & 1 hummer in my neighborhood, Long Island.
I’m on the East End . Look for my plate. :) Also on sunrise Highway at 7;00am between Southampton and ronkonkoma and vets every Monday , Wednesday , Thursday.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
Hilarious when I park at a charger by my local grocery store. Always starts a few conversations.

WhiteBolt

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro EV, 2004 SVT Lightning
Occupation
Manufacturing
I have seen about 5 or 6 Lightning Lariats around my area (Central Fla between Orlando and Lake Mary. Only 1 Pro so far (mine). Saw 4-5 Rivians. Saw a Hummer recently. Teslas are a common sight around here. I see a dozen or more on a daily basis.

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Antimatter Blue with bed liner
Occupation
Law
There are only a few in Tallahassee, FL. Being the state capital, you would think there would be more. I’ve not seen another XLT SR yet in real life. I know the first large batch were done in November and early December. I got one and I think someone in Jacksonville got one, too. For the money, the XLT at $52k (w/ 7.5k credit) is hard to beat even apples to apples with ICE. I added (see in ‘what did you do’ thread) leather for less than 2k and cover, mats and stickers for less than 1k. Compared to decent engine Ford w/ 4-wheel drive and Lightning options and your at a higher price all the way.

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
I’m on the East End . Look for my plate. :) Also on sunrise Highway at 7;00am between Southampton and ronkonkoma and vets every Monday , Wednesday , Thursday.
I may have seen you. I saw a carbonized grey, but do not recall the license plate.

Sponsored

bwcbwc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler
North Jersey here. I've seen dozens. Another guy in my building at work has literally the exact same trim/color as me and took delivery on the same day. Someone also drives an R1T in our building as well.

I was parked at a strip mall near work and had someone pull their Platinum right next to my Lariat. Similar thing happened at Home Depot.

I've done a bunch of road trips to both Boston and North Carolina in the last 6 months and very frequently see other Lightnings at EA stations.

Still get asked about it all the time. Very often when loading groceries in the frunk. Also, every single Jets or Rutgers tailgate I end up having a long conversation with someone who walks by.

Haven't seen any Hummers yet.

MRButtler

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Lightning
Got too close to a B-Truck-plated white Lightning yesterday, sorry!

Central IL, near the Rivian plant, I've seen 4 Rivians, 1 Hummer.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I'm kinda surprised how many I've seen both in "work" and private use here in Charlotte. I've seen Duke Energy (Pro), Sunbelt Rentals (XLT), City of Charlotte (Pro) and 4 owners so at least 7 Lightning's other than mine. I have seen a ton of EV6's, Ionic5's, and at least 4 Rivian's. Have yet to see a single Tesla of any model 🤡

Mcgyverrod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning LariatER (Rec'd 7/13/23)
Occupation
Retired x2
I have had my truck for 4.5 months and have only seen 2 other Lightnings in that time. One is somewhere in my neighborhood and the other was an hour north in a Costco parking lot. Over that time I have run into 40+ Rivians mainly R1Ts and couple R1Ss. Just curious if this is the norm for everyone or just my area - Seattle. Everyone still approaches me and asks questions at charging stations and parking lots. I would expect to see more. I also recently test drove an R1T and it reminded me of a Toyota Tacoma in size. The Lightning is quicker off the line, way smoother of a ride, and is much more functional as a truck. The Rivian fit and finish was much nicer though which really wasn't a surprise.
Here near Ojai, California, I have seen 4 Rivian R1Ts and only one lightning. Part of this is because of the affluent area here that can afford the more expensive Rivian. There are lots of Teslas and some other EVs on the roads. The other reason I haven't seen Lightnings is that they look much the same as a Ford F150 from a distance and are not as distinguishable as the Rivian.
Sponsored