• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

I am tired of Fords BS

Dan's Lightning

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
I love my Pro Charger,
Wicked fast for home charging. (100amp Breaker, full 80amp /16kw charging) Wicked!
Bring it on! šŸ˜Ž

Ford F-150 Lightning I am tired of Fords BS 20230929_102312
Ford F-150 Lightning I am tired of Fords BS Screenshot_20240124_213432_FordPass
Sponsored

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
I called Sunrun after I took my truck home, found the number online. They had the wrong customer information, but I had it at my house in less than a month. They were very responsive to me.

Same for me one phone call to provide phone and email info had it in a month from truck delivery

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 lightning
Occupation
Police
I bought mine December 21st. I called sunrun and finally after three weeks I got assigned a case manager. Two weeks of emails and she tells me she is still waiting for the warehouse to issue a tracking number. As of January 25th I still donā€™t have it. And sunrun want $1800 to install a 220 40a outlet. I paid an electrician to put in a new 100a panel and two 220 outlets $1200.

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I bought my Truck two weeks ago, and my CSP was delivered today. I called Sunrun a few days after purchase, and they told me it would be shipped out as soon as the VIN was marked as sold. A few days ago I got a text from FedEx saying a package was on the way.

ChrisCon

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Carbonized Grey Lightning Lariat ER
You got $500 for it? Luckeeeeeeā€¦. Twice now, I thought I had a buyer for mine at $350 and then both potential buyers ghosted me.

Might have better luck selling it in another month or three when more 2024ā€™s are in the wild since they no longer included the Charge Station Pro. But itā€™s a pretty limited market. The only people who want it are those that think they have to have a glowing ā€Fordā€ on their wall or those who want the home power integration. 2024ā€™s canā€™t utilize the 80A charging ability and having a CCS connector on it makes it a problem for those with EVs that only have a J1772 and not CCS if theyā€™d like to share the charger.

So true . I had a Tesla rental car so I figured I could use the free Tesla adaptor that Ford included with the early trucks and then I see I canā€™t because of the CCS adaptor. The only way to charge the Tesla was to use my truckā€™s 240 to power the ford mobile charger with the Tesla adapter. Imagine the charging losses . The FCSP is wonderful if you are like me and only have a lightning and a home that can support 80amp charging and driving profile that needs 80amp charging (Iā€™m over 50k miles on my lightning ) . Any other use case and there are just better options for chargers . Plus of course sunrun is just the worst. They still owe me $100

Sponsored

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Yes, only one rated at 11KW
Ugh, now that I am used to 19.2 I would not want to go down to 11. I like being able to throw that much juice in quickly. One can probably categorize this as "a once you have it, you would not want to give it up" item, but in reality its probably not that important. Doesn't really matter to me, since I have no plans of changing vehicles anytime soon!

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
got my FCSP only a week after truck delivery. Must be a lot of variability

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
So true . I had a Tesla rental car so I figured I could use the free Tesla adaptor that Ford included with the early trucks and then I see I canā€™t because of the CCS adaptor. The only way to charge the Tesla was to use my truckā€™s 240 to power the ford mobile charger with the Tesla adapter. Imagine the charging losses . The FCSP is wonderful if you are like me and only have a lightning and a home that can support 80amp charging and driving profile that needs 80amp charging (Iā€™m over 50k miles on my lightning ) . Any other use case and there are just better options for chargers . Plus of course sunrun is just the worst. They still owe me $100
At least you got the Tesla adaptor. That was a very short publicity stunt.

loveurdj

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Manager
I just bought one off Amazon my Emporia works fine, unfortunate that Ford is not as good as they should be with that rollout.

Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
So after waiting months for my Ford Pro Charger. I am just going to file a Small Claims action. I mean when they wanted the $85k for the purchase. I was Johnny on the spot. The fact I have already purchased another charger and they screwed out of my military discount. They need to pay me for stuff they did not performed on.
You can find new in the box FCSP on eBay for $600-$700. Buy one, then if and when yours comes, sell it on eBay.

Assuming you got it for 'free' with the Ford purchase, you break even, and don't have to wait any longer before installation.

And there is a way to transfer the limited warranty if you want that:

"The Limited Warranty is transferable by Buyer to any person or entity who
acquires the Product from Buyer (a ā€œTransfereeā€) provided that Buyer first
notifies Ford (by contacting Ford at 1-800- 34FLEET) of said transfer, and
further provided that the transfer occurs during the Warranty Period. In
the event of any such transfer, the Warranty Period for the Product shall
remain the same and Transferee shall be subject to the same terms,
conditions, limitations, restrictions and obligations set forth in this limited
warranty as if Transferee were Buyer. Warranty transfers with no prior
written notice to Ford will, at the discretion of Ford, void the Limited
Warranty."

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Plarinum
I finally got tired of waiting also. SunRun kept giving the run around. So I sent Jim Farley an email last Thursday and BAM! His executive staff called Sun Run and got the charger shipped out the next day. Got it Monday.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I finally got tired of waiting also. SunRun kept giving the run around. So I sent Jim Farley an email last Thursday and BAM! His executive staff called Sun Run and got the charger shipped out the next day. Got it Monday.
Should we start calling them ā€œSunRunAroundā€. šŸ˜‚

OP
OP
KevinTisdale1

KevinTisdale1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
retired
well I took Ford to Small Claims court and within a week tof the court date they paid me for the charger they never delivered, They did screw me on Military bonus. They would not give the value of the certificate. Why even say they are doing that promotion when it dosent work? Very disappointing.
Kevin
Sponsored