• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
What do we do if 6.1 didn’t give us any back up Stability?

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) IMG_1063
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) IMG_1064
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I overlooked this 4-month-old Intelligent Backup video on @Aminorjourney's (Nikki's) YouTube Channel.

Back then, she said Ford came out to her place and identified unreliable maintenance of BT communication by the truck to the FCSP as the source of her backup system not working. At the time of the video, the OTA update fix for the truck was expected by the end of July, but that didn't happen. Will be interesting if the Power Up 6.1 update really does completely fix the truck's BT problem and no equipment replacement is necessary for any of us. The other interesting thing about her video is that Ford told her that an Internet connection is unnecessary for the backup system to work. That's good (for me, at least) as right now, my FCSP is saying "Connection Lost," as it has many times over the last few months. Still works fine charging the truck, though.

Aminorjourney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
vehicles that go
Hi all - Haven't had a chance to check the new update, but it did deploy to the truck yesterday. Looks like I have everything set up correctly, but now the Ford App doesn't show the HIS in the settings so.. ?

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER, Polestar 2, e-tron & Bolt
What do we do if 6.1 didn’t give us any back up Stability?

IMG_1063.png
IMG_1064.png
In addition to successfully installing 6.1.0, have you had a chance to confirm the following for your system:

Delta Inverter on firmware version 1.1.21
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) IMG_9002

Ford Charge Station Pro on version 2.112.91
Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) IMG_8999

If all of three of these stars are aligned, then the system should still operate (significantly better than before). I am still able to make changes to the configuration on the Ford Sync screen within the Lightning as well as monitor power flow. The system will work with the Lightning turned on and off.

I was able to configure the system in the FordPass until yesterday (posted earlier in the thread), when I received the error in the FordPass app. I have reported this to both of my contacts at Ford and SunRun. Both teams are working together with Ford's engineering team to get this issue resolved.

Fingers crossed for you all!

Last edited:

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
In addition to successfully installing 6.1.0, have you had a chance to confirm the following for your system:

IMG_9002.jpeg

IMG_8999.jpeg

If all of three of these stars are aligned, then the system should still operate (significantly better than before). I am still able to make changes to the configuration on the Ford Sync screen within the Lightning as well as monitor power flow. The system will work with the Lightning turned on and off.

I was able to configure the system in the FordPass until yesterday (posted earlier in the thread), when I received the error in the FordPass app. I have reported this to both of my contacts at Ford and SunRun. Both teams are working together with Ford's engineering team to get this issue resolved.

I do have an update at the inverter, but it’s taking about 30-45minutes to update and then pauses on like 61% or some random number. Is that something you see too?

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I do have an update at the inverter, but it’s taking about 30-45minutes to update and then pauses on like 61% or some random number. Is that something you see too?
When the update appears to stall, be patient, sometimes the updates are still working, leave it alone for a few hours to see if it finishes.

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Regarding the v21 update, this issue also occurred for the SunRun team member and they called Delta directly to request that the update be pushed remotely to my inverter. I found out after the fact, that the v21 update wasn't publicly available as of October 5. I would confirm in the filename that it isn't just v19.

In the past this issue has occurred and I have had to re-run the update until it was successful. I have learned to be patient with the process and have kept my phone close to the inverter, as it uses bluetooth to communicate.

Additionally, I have been informed that the inverter should update on its own. Meaning that we shouldn't have to log into the mPro app and manually update the inverter. SunRun had Delta verify that my inverter was capable of this for me. I am still waiting on final confirmation from SunRun regarding this, as my I have always had to update my inverter manually. SunRun is going to monitor my inverter when the next update is released to confirm the automatic operation.

Last edited:

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I had the same problem, too. The update appeared several days (at least) before October 5th for me, but refused to install: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...backup-power-without-sunrun.12564/post-340592.

I ignored the BDI update since 10/5 and last night when everyone announced getting the Power Up 6.1 update, I found that the BDI update had "self-installed" and I'm at version 1.1.21. The FCSP firmware update 2.112.91:2.149:.... also "self-installed" after weeks of hanging around as a pending update in the early weeks of September.

So, the only thing I'm missing is the Power Up 6.1 update for the truck. Either using the truck sync screen or visiting my vehicle dashboard online, there is no sign of the update for me. My Ford account announces my vehicle has all pending updates except for the CSP on the battery module check/battery software update. My LVB SOC was only 63% last night.

So when the update is available for me and if my LVC SOC happens to be low, will I see the availability of Power Up 6.1 announced on some screen(s) somewhere? TIA for educating an ignoramus!

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Something new in the FordPass app? First time I've noticed the applet within the FordPass app was last night and I'm wondering if it's new with the FordPass iOS update to v4.30.2 in the past couple of days.

If you go to the VEHICLE tab in the FordPass app and open the CHARGING dropdown, you should see the following:

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 1697242260860

If I click on BACKUP POWER, I see the following screen, which I've never noticed before:

Ford F-150 Lightning Installing a Home Integration System for Intelligent Backup Power (without SunRun) 1697242341774

I'm on the same Wi-Fi network as the FCSP and the M Professional app shows that I can connect to the BDI, too. But the Get Started button is greyed out for me. Refreshing the FordPass app or force-killing and relaunching it does not cause the Get Started button to become active.

Has anyone succeeded in running this FordPass applet and to what result? I'm thinking maybe it will only become functional after I've gotten the Power Up 6.1 update... And so it goes with Ford. Lack of heads-up information and lack of functionality you'd expect for an $80K->$100K product...

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost

IMG_9002.jpeg

IMG_8999.jpeg

Yess all those are up to date

Sponsored

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yess all those are up to date
Outstanding! You should be good to go then if your system was already paired and be able to configure the settings from within the Truck. My understanding is that the current issues are related to FordPass servers/network. So if your system wasn’t paired before these recent app issues started occurring, you’ll likely have to wait until Ford gets them resolved. I have it on good authority that Ford is aware and actively seeking resolution on the FordPass app issues with an urgency.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
Outstanding! You should be good to go then if your system was already paired and be able to configure the settings from within the Truck. My understanding is that the current issues are related to FordPass servers/network. So if your system wasn’t paired before these recent app issues started occurring, you’ll likely have to wait until Ford gets them resolved. I have it on good authority that Ford is aware and actively seeking resolution on the FordPass app issues with an urgency.
I’ve consistently had issues pairing the FCSP to the app. The truck and app would Give me the matching codes, and the truck would pair but then the app would error each time.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
So when the update is available for me and if my LVC SOC happens to be low, will I see the availability of Power Up 6.1 announced on some screen(s) somewhere? TIA for educating an ignoramus!
No. It won’t tell you you have an update pending when your LVB is low. Usually, if it’s low, the update is never sent. I went for an hour drive yesterday and I got 6.1 when I stopped for some lunch. FP notification of successful update was received before the waitress brought me a menu. Until that time, I had no idea the update was lined up for my truck.

The was one recent update that downloaded and the attempted install aborted because the battery fell too low during the installation. A notification of the failureBut that’s not normal.

hifixenthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve consistently had issues pairing the FCSP to the app. The truck and app would Give me the matching codes, and the truck would pair but then the app would error each time.
I recommend disabling Apple CarPlay (if used) when performing the pairing process. This has solved the problem for me, as my phone will resort back to CarPlay over my home network during the pairing process.

Pitbull2o08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 FX4 Ecoboost
I recommend disabling Apple CarPlay (if used) when performing the pairing process. This has solved the problem for me, as my phone will resort back to CarPlay over my home network during the pairing process.
How do you do that short of turning off Bluetooth as instructed by the app?
Sponsored