• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lack of OTA Updates...Am I the Only One?

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
My last updated was PU0306-BCF-DET back on 7/15/2023.
Ford tells me there aren't any updates pending for me, and I haven't had any failures or anything.
It seems like I'm the only person not getting all of the recent updates.
As far as I can tell, I'm still on 4.2.3.1 (which was installed on 5/31/2023)
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully it will start receiving updates, your vin could be on the tail end of a schedule, not necessarily a bad place to be, with all the stops & starts of these updates, receiving the final debugged version is better IMHO, though frustrating when you see so many leaping over the cliff.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Ford tells me there aren't any updates pending for me, and I haven't had any failures or anything.
For sure you have updates pending. What the Ford rep should have said is that you don't have any active OTA's in your queue. However, you have pending updates for sure.

Grease Lightning

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
At least you were getting some. I have had my truck for 9 months and just this month started to get updates. Now have had three. Still waiting on the one I care about where I can see SOC on the battery gauge. 🤷‍♂️

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Ahead of me, I just got 4.2.1.2 a week ago! Sept 23 build Lariat ER

Sponsored

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ahead of me, I just got 4.2.1.2 a week ago! Sept 23 build Lariat ER
Same here, I got 4.2.1.2 on 2/19 and nothing since, it's the only OTA I've recieved. I also have Sept 23 build date.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I'm right there with you, with a '22, still on 4.X, and no updates since 10/4/2023. Could be worse, I haven't had the power train failure (bad battery module). I finally found a dealer that will send a mobile service to replace my LVB battery monitor. Problem now is it's out of stock everywhere. No idea when it'll get in. I'm hoping that it does some kind of voodoo and gets me out of the dog house that we seem to be in.

OP
OP

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Patience lol, I had the same issue. Getting them now.
I've been patient. It's been 242 days since an update for me.
My truck is a MY23 built in Dec22.
And you say 'getting them now', but some of us aren't.
We've been watching this forum and seeing update after update that others are getting, but we're not.

16cards

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Lightning Lariat ER
We've been watching this forum and seeing update after update that others are getting, but we're not.
I feel your pain. And was frustrated with lack of transparency in the OTA process.

Further, I became desperate in December and bought myself a Mongoose ODBII and a license to FDRS in order to get updates. That was a mistake. I drew down my 12V battery to dangerously low levels. I returned the Mongoose to avoid the temptation again.

Since then, I've received 3 updates. Nothing of consequence to the daily experience with the truck. Just two modem updates in late Fed and a manual update just yesterday.

Paitence is the only option.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
In the unlikely event that your telematics is malfunctioning, try:

Resetting the communications on your truck, pull fuse 32 in the passenger footwell.
--or--
Pull the negative terminal on your 12v battery.

Make sure the truck can connect to your home wifi and reboot home wifi, check for any security rules blocking traffic from the truck on your network.

Short of these possible solutions, a visit to your service department on next tire rotation, maybe you can convince them to apply just one update related to communications manually, then possibly the rest will flow via OTA as they're rescheduled.

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
I have 2 Lightnings. My first 2023, purchased in November 22, and it's been receiving updates timely for awhile, including the Supercharger update.

My second 2023, purchased October 23, hasn't received a single update since purchase. I've been in touch with BEV team, and they advised me the usual tips. I will be giving them a call back this week to advise no change. That truck is coming up on its 10k service, so I will likely have this addressed at the same time.

TNVolFan

First Name
RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT Stanard Range
I've recieved just one 6.1.0 and 6.2.0 has been hung up in the Software Updates screen for 2 weeks. The OTA support team tells me to be patient. I came from a Tesla and everyone said not to compare the Lightning to how Tesla did updates = but still, this is frustrating.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
At least you were getting some. I have had my truck for 9 months and just this month started to get updates. Now have had three. Still waiting on the one I care about where I can see SOC on the battery gauge. 🤷‍♂️
Similar here, just got the user manual one yesterday after getting first ever couple updates a few weeks ago...but all i really want is that battery % in the cluster!! well, that and apple maps charge routing, plug and charge update (guess i dont tneed that till the adapter gets here)...

ford sold me a truck that updates to add new features and since July 31 i have gotten no new features (that are of consequence as far as I can tell)!!

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
For what it's worth to anyone else having this problem:

The Tesla update amounts to (in my mind) a *mandatory* update. They have publicized it. Everyone MUST be able to get this update. As a result, this should, over time, get everyone caught up to that level. And if a truck is logjammed (like one of mine), this will justify a trip to the dealer to clear the jam.
Sponsored