• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lack of OTA Updates...Am I the Only One?

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
6.13.0 was replaced with the PU-CMR-FX update.
But even that one didn’t load to all Trucks. After a “Not Completed” I ended up at the dealer and finally got my BC back, however I ended up with a smaller 360 screen and now have all kinds of screen issues that I didn’t have before. It truly is a mess.

But the truck still drives like a champ.

At this point I am assuming the only updates will be the ones whenever Apple CarPlay is improved and Sync needs to catch up. I don’t expect any type of power, efficiency or charging improvements, unfortunately. As far as BC, it’s pretty bad right now compared to before the update I received, it regressed in my opinion.
Sponsored

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
But even that one didn’t load to all Trucks. After a “Not Completed” I ended up at the dealer and finally got my BC back, however I ended up with a smaller 360 screen and now have all kinds of screen issues that I didn’t have before. It truly is a mess.

But the truck still drives like a champ.

At this point I am assuming the only updates will be the ones whenever Apple CarPlay is improved and Sync needs to catch up. I don’t expect any type of power, efficiency or charging improvements, unfortunately. As far as BC, it’s pretty bad right now compared to before the update I received, it regressed in my opinion.
You're on the latest Sync version. Not sure about the issues with the screen. However, I am surprised you say your BC regressed. The dealer did the latest IPMA/PSCM updates which contain the improved BC performance associated with BC 1.4. I see they also performed an IPMA calibration procedure. Do you have FORScan? Your truck is reporting a bunch of codes that I don't like. All these U3000 codes within the APIM, GWN and TCU are not normal. And it's been recording them for over 60 days because that is how far back this info stays recorded in the cloud and I see the code as far back as 2/23.

Ford F-150 Lightning Lack of OTA Updates...Am I the Only One? Picture1

If you have FORScan, I would try resetting all three of those modules and clearing the codes on them to see if they go away. I can't tell if this warrants a dealer visit or not from what I can see, but I can tell you that these codes I do not see every day.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
You're on the latest Sync version. Not sure about the issues with the screen. However, I am surprised you say your BC regressed. The dealer did the latest IPMA/PSCM updates which contain the improved BC performance associated with BC 1.4. I see they also performed an IPMA calibration procedure. Do you have FORScan? Your truck is reporting a bunch of codes that I don't like. All these U3000 codes within the APIM, GWN and TCU are not normal. And it's been recording them for over 60 days because that is how far back this info stays recorded in the cloud and I see the code as far back as 2/23.

Picture1.png

If you have FORScan, I would try resetting all three of those modules and clearing the codes on them to see if they go away. I can't tell if this warrants a dealer visit or not from what I can see, but I can tell you that these codes I do not see every day.
Yeah it’s a shit show to be honest. I don’t want to go back to the dealer and will probably invest in Forscan.

Just yesterday my from air dam was halfway down, it reset itself after a couple of power on/off cycles. I am getting different chimes every now and then.

It might warrant a dealer visit but at this point it’s better to let it die first, trying to explain to the dealership what is going is a task and hey won’t plug in unless there is an actual issue.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Do you know if 6.8 still rolling out? I got 6.4 and then it has been dead silent for over a month. I really want that battery % update.
Yes, I still see people getting it, but there is no rhyme or reason as to how it is being rolled out.

Sponsored

RamiP

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning XLT ER
March purchase, September 2023 build. Haven’t received updates yet. Not sure when I will start getting. Thanks to Rugedaw I know my truck seems to be talking to the servers just fine. Hoping they start soon since I’m on 4.2 still. I really wish there was somewhere to find a general sense of where we are in line for getting updates.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
March purchase, September 2023 build. Haven’t received updates yet. Not sure when I will start getting. Thanks to Rugedaw I know my truck seems to be talking to the servers just fine. Hoping they start soon since I’m on 4.2 still. I really wish there was somewhere to find a general sense of where we are in line for getting updates.
I've been waiting since Oct 4, 2023 for an update. Still on 4.2 as well. It's frustrating for sure, but the truck still drives great so I'm slowly getting over it.

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
Starting in March I had like a 4-5 week stretch with an update every week…. Looks like I’m stuck on the 2nd 6.2 update, when I look in the truck now it shows the second 6.2 as not completed and been like this for about a week now.

Sept 23 build Lariat ER
I got the second 6.2 on 23-APR. Today, "suddenly", I got a message to integrate my Apple Maps and Truck. I thought this was in a later 6.x update? I am a AUG blend date.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
My second 6.2 downloaded as soon as I turned off the wifi in the truck and got the Apple Maps update to add my lightning as well…. I have strong WiFi in the garage so no clue why that was causing issues.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I got the second 6.2 on 23-APR. Today, "suddenly", I got a message to integrate my Apple Maps and Truck. I thought this was in a later 6.x update? I am a AUG blend date.
My second 6.2 downloaded as soon as I turned off the wifi in the truck and got the Apple Maps update to add my lightning as well…. I have strong WiFi in the garage so no clue why that was causing issues.

Could you confirm if it's this update?

Ford F-150 Lightning Lack of OTA Updates...Am I the Only One? 1714182878129-zc

If so, make a mention in this thread: (3) Priority Update: 23-PU1103-NAT-VCE (re-release of 6.2.0) | Ford Lightning Forum For F-150 Lightning EV Pickup: News, Owners, Discussions, Community (f150lightningforum.com)

If not, what is at the bottom of the description on the Sync screen list of changes, might need to scroll a little.

Sponsored

CypherBlue

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Software Engineer
I bought the truck 4/5. I got my first OTA today 4.2.1.1 Seems a bunch of others just got it. Man I feel so behind lol.

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat