• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Let's talk Tesla adapters (needs and available now) I need the basics....

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Buc-ees is NOT a truck stop, they actually PROHIBIT semi truck/trailers.... they are ONLY for personal, regular vehicles, which may actually be one reason why they are so popular, along with their simplistic, but right-to-the-point, billboard ADVERTISING : )

When you can advertize "Buc-ees, just hold it for another 121 miles!", you know you are good graces with many travelers... their HUGE parking lots are PACKED, 24/7.... it's crazy. Some seem bigger than a Walmart.

The Buc-ees in FortValley(south of Macon) Georgia now has Tesla Superchargers, and maybe even EA charging on the way. It's about time.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Buc-ees is NOT a truck stop, they actually PROHIBIT semi truck/trailers.... they are ONLY for personal, regular vehicles, which may actually be one reason why they are so popular, along with their simplistic, but right-to-the-point, billboard ADVERTISING : )

When you can advertize "Buc-ees, just hold it for another 121 miles!", you know you are good graces with many travelers... their HUGE parking lots are PACKED, 24/7.... it's crazy. Some seem bigger than a Walmart.

The Buc-ees in FortValley(south of Macon) Georgia now has Tesla Superchargers, and maybe even EA charging on the way. It's about time.
Ford F-150 Lightning Let's talk Tesla adapters (needs and available now) I need the basics.... IMG_0555

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
For those interested, do some research on the companies, or people, that own these chains if you're someone that tends to shift business towards, or away, from things you may agree with, or disagree with.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
For those interested, do some research on the companies, or people, that own these chains if you're someone that tends to shift business towards, or away, from things you may agree with, or disagree with.
Interesting. I do try to do that though there are no real 100% good options.

I did some quick googling and nothing jumped out at me as being especially onerous. Can you give me any leads?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just sent you a DM. Google any company / founder, with the words "political" or "donated".

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I will add another Lectron user to the list, i have good luck with mine. I take a 200 mile trip for work twice a month and the hotel has a charger and this has made my life soe much better. There is exactly two CCS chargers in town and one is at a GMC dealership and limited to 15 kw and the other charges $5 just to plug in then something crazy like $0.75 per minute while it maxes out at "62.5KW" not that it got above 20Kw the one time i was forced to use it. Now i charge for free at the hotel all while getting mileage from work lol.

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
Anyone else have experience with the (much more affordable) 80A adapter from A2Z EV?

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone else have experience with the (much more affordable) 80A adapter from A2Z EV?
I am considering getting it. Haven't yet, but I found a 10% off code - SAVETENA2ZEV

Last edited:

dcp9142

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, Mach-E. Previous Tesla S, X, Volt
$300 for an adapter lolol. Gtfo. 60a is more than enough.
Here’s the problem: if you have the extended range Lightning and you friend has a Tesla high power wall adapter (which is Tesla’s equivalent of the Ford high power wall box) that is hardwired to 100 amp breaker, that Tesla box is going to send 80 amps to your truck (which happily will ask for it), and that is going to melt that 60 amp adapter. Ford made a big mistake not letting you dial down what power the vehicle will accept on the touchscreen or the app. (Tesla has had that ability since 2013).

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles