• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Max Range? This is highest I've seen

VictorM

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT ER
Occupation
Experiential Knowledge Griot
This is the highest I’ve seen to date.

Ford F-150 Lightning Max Range? This is highest I've seen IMG_5580
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've seen high values like above, I'd love to see more reports on the thread (old one) of actually going that far or further on the trip meter.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I've seen high values like above, I'd love to see more reports on the thread (old one) of actually going that far or further on the trip meter.
Hard to prove unless it's done without turning off the truck. The skeptics will just claim the truck was charged if we show the distance using trip 1 or trip 2. Would take me 6 days to get from 100% down to about 7-8%. I'm tempted to do it but too pessimistic about the responses.

Piquette

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
The GOM is sometimes entertaining. It is strongly influenced by terrain and temperature. Three weeks ago driving from Dublin, NH to Marlborough, NH I hit 31 Mi/kWh (warm day, all down hill). Another time going from Dublin, NH to Jaffrey, NH the GOM actually increased over the 15 mile trip. Both of these examples are flukes, not to be relied on. 😊

Ford F-150 Lightning Max Range? This is highest I've seen F051163C-2E35-4422-BB04-260D8EA3B66E

Sponsored

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD SB, 2018 Zero FXS, 2014 Zero S
Occupation
Taxi Driver
I have been riding/driving electric vehicles for about 15 years. I hypermile everywhere. Around town I can routinely get over 400 miles. On road trips, it drops back closer to what Ford says. I usually keep it between 40% and 60%. Only charging past that when I will be doing a lot of driving. I had a screenshot showing 500 miles but can't find it. Here are a couple images

Ford F-150 Lightning Max Range? This is highest I've seen 1000002296
Ford F-150 Lightning Max Range? This is highest I've seen IMG_20240510_080250

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
I have been riding/driving electric vehicles for about 15 years. I hypermile everywhere. Around town I can routinely get over 400 miles. On road trips, it drops back closer to what Ford says. I usually keep it between 40% and 60%. Only charging past that when I will be doing a lot of driving. I had a screenshot showing 500 miles but can't find it. Here are a couple images
That's some mighty impressive hypermiling! I thought I was doing pretty well getting around a 380 estimate at full. You've got me curious now what else I can do to hit the 400 mark.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Here's my STANDARD RANGE max. I don't charge to 100% all the time, but when I do, I can hover around 290 most of the year except summer.

Three factors...

1. Temperature. That was early November. It wasn't too hot, or too cold. It was just right.

2. I live in New York City, where the speed limit is 25 mph on most local streets, 35 on larger roads, and a maximum of 50 on the highways (assuming you can actually go that fast). You're lucky to go 35 on the highways with all the traffic.

3. I tend to be a conservative driver. I love to watch the power meter move to regen as I slow down, go downhill, or coast to a stop, soI routinely see very high miles per kwh as I drive, so the Gues-O-Meter is pretty close to the way I drive. 100 KW SR battery x nearly 3 miles per kwh = nearly 300 mile range.

Ford F-150 Lightning Max Range? This is highest I've seen 1715355226442-c9

KrazyEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME RWD SB, 2018 Zero FXS, 2014 Zero S
Occupation
Taxi Driver
That's some mighty impressive hypermiling! I thought I was doing pretty well getting around a 380 estimate at full. You've got me curious now what else I can do to hit the 400 mark.
The first thing I do on any of my vehicles is put tire pressure to whatever the max psi marked on the tire.

This is something that is easily done in Vegas as there is no snow and minimal rain. If a light vehicle, max might not be appropriate as it can cause the center to wear faster.

Don't Overinflate, just to what manufacturer says.

In winter I just use heated seats.

More difficult in summer as it gets very hot.

Accelerate and brake gently. If you see that you are going to hit a red light or stop sign, ease off the throttle to gradually come to a stop. This gives you more energy regenerated back into the battery.

I usually use 1 pedal driving.

I found that on my Mach E and Lightning I get best range in sport mode.

Driving this way requires that you pay maximum attention to your driving. You don't want to cause road rage in other drivers.

This is the screenshot that I couldn't find earlier.

Ford F-150 Lightning Max Range? This is highest I've seen Screenshot_20230930_072545

Sponsored

Madtroniks

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I would love a 500 mile range truck that can charge up to 80% in 30 min or less. It’s probably three years away.

For now my range anxiety has gone away thanks to getting access to the Tesla network.

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot

1000002296.png
IMG_20240510_080250.jpg
what is hypermiling and how are you getting 482?
Sponsored