• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Modem stopped working.....then worked with a weird possible fix

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
After receiving the 4.1.2.2 update, my modem worked for 6 days. I had to do the battery pull this morning. I thought it was fixed for good when 48 hours had passed but no such luck.
This situation is inexcusable by Ford.
Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Do you have a contact number for Ford OTA support ? Mine sucks. On 4.1.1 and the truck looses connectivity about every 48 hours. I stopped resetting with the 12v battery disconnect.
Same

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Mine has not been updated since Feb 22, and I donā€™t want to keep pulling out the fuse or disconnect LVB. People said the fix is coming by end of Feb, well March is within minutes. Tesla will have an investor day tomorrow, probably announcing a new car or something big. While Ford canā€™t even figure out how to keep the modem connected!! SMH šŸ˜‘

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
Mine has not been updated since Feb 22, and I donā€™t want to keep pulling out the fuse or disconnect LVB. People said the fix is coming by end of Feb, well March is within minutes. Tesla will have an investor day tomorrow, probably announcing a new car or something big. While Ford canā€™t even figure out how to keep the modem connected!! SMH šŸ˜‘
Ugh so true though. 1st half of February a fix they promised me. Had my ā€˜23 platinum lightning under 2 months now and all this bs. Fix it Ford !!!!

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
If you all did Not want to be beta testers it's a bad idea to buy a totally new platform from any manufacturer.

Having issues with the app connecting is so minor compared to what could have gone wrong like say battery issues.

And yes I am having the same issue with the app losing connection with the truck every 3-4 days

Sponsored

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
It beats pulling the battery and losing all of your presets on the radio
Strangely I have pulled my 12 volt negative 10 or so times nowā€¦sometimes as long as 10 minutes when removing airbag. I have not 1 time lost my radio presets! Haha!
These trucks are crazy with how they all act a little different.

Crimnl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Bee Keeper
Well, back to the drawing board for the engineers. They claimed the latest firmware was going to fix this issue. The firmware could only be installed at the dealer. I had it done Wednesday, pulling fuse, 32 by Friday. Ticket opened with Ford Pass, engineers, still scratching heads.

Crimnl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Bee Keeper
I am experiencing this connectivity issue between my 2023 Lightning Pro and the Ford Pass app. Called Ford Support this morning. After a bit of unsuccessful trouble-shooting, I was advised that my Lightning needed a firmware upgrade pursuant to Service Bulletin TSB-23-2050. This "fix" was just issued this week and impacts certain vehicles built before early December 2022. I gather it patches the DMU and TCU, and that it pretty much has to be done by the dealer. Without it, a Lightning will probably not get OTA updates. I am trying to schedule a service appointment now, and am hopeful that I can also get the dealer to update my Sync (currently at 4.1.1). As things progress, I will come back and report.

Additional note: This "fix" is apparently separate from an update that is supposed to come out later this month that addresses the modem freak-outs.
I had the 23ā€“2050 installed at dealer Wednesday, pulling fuse 32 by Friday

OP
OP

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
It would be nice to at least pin down a way to avoid the problem. I don't think we all have it. I have a '23 and don't have the issue.

I wonder if I'm lucky or if it's because I do NOT use:

- WIFI connection to home internet
- WIFI hotspot
- wireless Carplay
- bluetooth connection to phone for handfrees phone

Basically, I don't use any of the extra wireless connections. If I want Carplay, I plug in my phone.

On the Road with Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Occupation
Real estate/biz consultant
More or less my experience. But in my case, they didn't do 23-2050 (tho' that is what I brought the Lightning into the dealer for). Instead, there were updates to the OBCC and APIM. And, yeah, I'm still having to do Fuse 32. As best I can tell, after telling everyone that there would be a fix for the modem by the end of February, it is now March 4th and Ford has sent out nothing. This is really unacceptable. It is time for the board of directors at Ford to fire Jim Farley - he is a bozo who clearly doesn't understand how to build and maintain hi-tech vehicles.

Sponsored

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Derivatives
More or less my experience. But in my case, they didn't do 23-2050 (tho' that is what I brought the Lightning into the dealer for). Instead, there were updates to the OBCC and APIM. And, yeah, I'm still having to do Fuse 32. As best I can tell, after telling everyone that there would be a fix for the modem by the end of February, it is now March 4th and Ford has sent out nothing. This is really unacceptable. It is time for the board of directors at Ford to fire Jim Farley - he is a bozo who clearly doesn't understand how to build and maintain hi-tech vehicles.
Such disappointing news, sorry to hear that this is even still going on for all of us. So I haven't called ford in awhile, and I would only guess they are no longer saying fix by he first half of February anymore.... Hey Tesla, if you are reading this...lol, can you spare a few of your engineers for a day or two to help fix our Fords, ugh!!

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Such disappointing news, sorry to hear that this is even still going on for all of us. So I haven't called ford in awhile, and I would only guess they are no longer saying fix by he first half of February anymore.... Hey Tesla, if you are reading this...lol, can you spare a few of your engineers for a day or two to help fix our Fords, ugh!!
No need to call Ford, I think itā€™s useless. I talked to the BEV team, customer UI experience, and Fordpass. I was even the one telling them that there is a TSB23-2050, they said oh that might fix the problem and made appt for me. I knew itā€™s not gonna fix the problem so I cancelled my appt with my dealer. This forum has a lot more info than the Fordā€™s team.

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Same experience here. Had the GWM on Feb 18 (via OTA update), OBCC, APIM, and TCU (in that order) upgraded on Feb 19. Have now had Fordpass lose connection 3 times since, more frequently than it has been.

No need to call Ford, I think itā€™s useless. I talked to the BEV team, customer UI experience, and Fordpass. I was even the one telling them that there is a TSB23-2050, they said oh that might fix the problem and made appt for me. I knew itā€™s not gonna fix the problem so I cancelled my appt with my dealer. This forum has a lot more info than the Fordā€™s team.
I talked to them on Friday, they insist taking it to the dealer but can not confirm if it would fix the issue. I don't know what the dealer would do since afaik my truck is up to date.

She also told me that 23 ICE F150s and Broncos are also having the same issue but for whatever reason their "fix" is not available until the summer, makes little sense.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
If you all did Not want to be beta testers it's a bad idea to buy a totally new platform from any manufacturer.

Having issues with the app connecting is so minor compared to what could have gone wrong like say battery issues.

And yes I am having the same issue with the app losing connection with the truck every 3-4 days
The Lightning is not using a bespoke platform and is also using Sync which is why some 2023 Broncos + Mach E's are being affected. My Pro was bricked from delivery and still has no connected capability. Ford has not reached out to affected owners which is not acceptable for a vehicle that can cost upwards of 100k. I have owned EV's from 5 different manufacturers and never was pulling fuses (Tesla has no fuses) or had issues that required a dealership visit.

I just cancelled my appointment with my dealership for TSB 23-2050 as it doesn't appear Ford has a handle on this problem.

Frankis843

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Occupation
Ford Guy
I work at a Ford store and haven't even bothered bringing it up because I'm so doubtful there is a fix out there.
Sponsored