• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Navigation to Superchargers

pjell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I went out today to test the new adapter for the first time, and realized the truck navigation was not listing any superchargers. These should have been added, right? I can see them in the FordPass app but not the truck nav. I also got the latest update. Is there a setting I’m missing?

On another note, has anyone heard about an Apple Maps update to allow for navigation to superchargers? Doesn’t seem possible yet.
Sponsored

OP
OP

pjell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They haven't been added to the navigation yet.

Soon.
Wow I’ve been pretty plugged into this stuff, can’t believe I didn’t know they weren’t added.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

Soon.
That answer has become pretty common around Ford. Everyone knows I'm a Tesla fanboy, I'm going to start to think Musk has something to do with the scheduling around here.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I looked at the Charge Assist app found on the Sync Home/APPS screen to see if a brand new Tesla station that opened nearby was showing, it's not listed yet, though other Tesla magic Dock and or NACS adapter sites are listed.

It may take some time for their Charge Assist map data to be updated.

The Ford Navigation, as mentioned above has not been updated with any Tesla sites, coming in the future aka SOON(tm)

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Go to the Tesla app. add a vehicle and choose "I have an adapter". It will show you the sites you can go to. Very user friendly. Shows busy time chart, number of stalls available.

Last edited:

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Wow I’ve been pretty plugged into this stuff, can’t believe I didn’t know they weren’t added.
Same with me. I did a whole 2000 mile trip 2 weeks ago and I didnt know why they werent appearing.

OP
OP

pjell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Go to the Tesla app. add a vehicle and choose "I have an adapter". It will show you the sites you can go to. Very user friendly. Shows busy time chart, number of stalls available.
Yeah, I understand you can do that. I knew where the site was but thought to use the nav for preconditioning.

Either way, we need a good option to build/navigate trips from the truck display. I guess ABRP would be the best option as of right now.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Yeah, I understand you can do that. I knew where the site was but thought to use the nav for preconditioning.

Either way, we need a good option to build/navigate trips from the truck display. I guess ABRP would be the best option as of right now.
I find them in the charge assist app, navigate to them and save them in the Ford nav. Then I will pull up the ford nav and select the saved ones from there as I go about my trip. Basically navigating from charger to charger along the way.

Others have reported that this method doesn't result in preconditioning, but I've not experienced any perceivable deviation from the expected charging curve.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I looked at the Charge Assist app found on the Sync Home/APPS screen to see if a brand new Tesla station that opened nearby was showing, it's not listed yet, though other Tesla magic Dock and or NACS adapter sites are listed.

It may take some time for their Charge Assist map data to be updated.

The Ford Navigation, as mentioned above has not been updated with any Tesla sites, coming in the future aka SOON(tm)
I think I saw where that is expected right after the BC 1.2,3,4 update (last year. ) 🙁

/s.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

ABRP is always better.

OP
OP

pjell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ABRP is always better.
Right now I'd prefer to use Apple Maps since I think that works really well also, but it too is missing superchargers.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Right now I'd prefer to use Apple Maps since I think that works really well also, but it too is missing superchargers.
Use whatever you want to navigate during your trip. But ABRP blows them all away for PLANNING your trip.

I run ABRP on my phone, GoogleMaps on my wife's phone, and Ford nav on the console.

OP
OP

pjell

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Use whatever you want to navigate during your trip. But ABRP blows them all away for PLANNING your trip.

I run ABRP on my phone, GoogleMaps on my wife's phone, and Ford nav on the console.
Oh, no disagreement there!

1Jetpilot

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired Pilot
I don't see the advantage of having these adapters if the truck can't navigate to the Tesla Superchargers without us having to use 3rd party apps to get there
Sponsored