• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No Preconditioning for over a week

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
I've had a good run of two weeks with preconditioning working, and then today, plugged in, it didn't charge or precondition overnight. So unpredictable :rolleyes:
Sponsored

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Sorry everyone - I seem to be spreading it. Mine didn't work again this morning - plugged in.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Nothing again this morning - plugged in.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Same issue, mine is inconsistent. Works like 2 times a week. @Ford Motor Company please help us!!
Sorry to hear yours is as bad as mine.

I just want to know what changed from the Mach-e. Pre-conditioning has been rock solid in ours ever since we got it almost a year ago.

Sponsored

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning ER, 2014 Honda Pilot
There is the "sporadic" bug where when I turn on my vehicle, it continues the timer from the previous drive, but the power consumption starts from 0 thus rendering the trip data useless. Someone suggested that this appeared to be affected by turning the truck off while the brake isn't pressed down. I never verified it, but do occasionally turn the truck off and back on if I notice that the trip meter isn't starting from all zeros. I wonder if this error in the software's perception of the shutdown state could be affecting different features until the next "proper" shutdown occurs.

If you have enough time before it's seen by your dealer and the inclination, you might try messing with variables in your shutdown sequence to see if they impact the reliability of the subsequent preconditioning.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
There is the "sporadic" bug where when I turn on my vehicle, it continues the timer from the previous drive, but the power consumption starts from 0 thus rendering the trip data useless. Someone suggested that this appeared to be affected by turning the truck off while the brake isn't pressed down. I never verified it, but do occasionally turn the truck off and back on if I notice that the trip meter isn't starting from all zeros. I wonder if this error in the software's perception of the shutdown state could be affecting different features until the next "proper" shutdown occurs.

If you have enough time before it's seen by your dealer and the inclination, you might try messing with variables in your shutdown sequence to see if they impact the reliability of the subsequent preconditioning.
Interesting, I will have to give that a try.

fubar79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning XLT ER
I've had intermittent issues with Pre-conditioning and the FORD Pass App in general.
Have you tried deleting your Pre-conditioning settings, then re-entering them? It's annoying, but sometimes this has worked for me. Other times, it just says something to the effect of Ford Pass is not responding.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I've had intermittent issues with Pre-conditioning and the FORD Pass App in general.
Have you tried deleting your Pre-conditioning settings, then re-entering them? It's annoying, but sometimes this has worked for me. Other times, it just says something to the effect of Ford Pass is not responding.
I have done that multiple times, both in the truck and through the app.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
No luck this afternoon either

Sponsored
OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
No luck again this afternoon.

Tried the brake trick when I parked last night and I had high hopes for this morning. Alas - no preconditioning. Would have been real nice too since I had frosted over windows.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have noticed that there are other settings that seem to be set based on steps I take when locking the truck. I haven't exhaustively tested it, but If I press the lock button on the key fob twice (so it honks), the truck doesn't appear to unlock when I touch the door handle after I approach the truck the next time. Perhaps locking it, not locking it, locking via phone, locking via key fob, or double clicking the key fob can all affect the state it's in while "turned off" and also affect the preconditioning schedule.

Skidrowe

First Name
Gideon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If there's a mechanism to generate user readable logs and collect them from the system, it would be interesting to read them around the timestamp where the preconditioning is supposed to start and see what they say when it works vs. when it doesn't.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If there's a mechanism to generate user readable logs and collect them from the system, it would be interesting to read them around the timestamp where the preconditioning is supposed to start and see what they say when it works vs. when it doesn't.
Yeah - that data would be wonderful!

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
No luck this afternoon either
This may seem like a strange thing to do but try stepping on and holding the brake peddle when shutting down the truck. This seems to make truck remember last settings. I have no idea why.
Sponsored