• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No Preconditioning for over a week

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
Tried the brake trick when I parked last night and I had high hopes for this morning. Alas - no preconditioning. Would have been real nice too since I had frosted over windows.
When it does work, do you have the heated steering wheel glitch where it won't heat again after pre-conditioning?
Sponsored

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
This may seem like a strange thing to do but try stepping on and holding the brake peddle when shutting down the truck. This seems to make truck remember last settings. I have no idea why.
I tried that lats night - I had high hopes, but it didn't work again this morning.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
When it does work, do you have the heated steering wheel glitch where it won't heat again after pre-conditioning?
Yes I do.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Does pre conditioning only work when plugged into your charger?
Mine works fine when plugged in, but i think when not plugged in it starts with my last settings.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Does pre conditioning only work when plugged into your charger?
Mine works fine when plugged in, but i think when not plugged in it starts with my last settings.
When you select the while un plugged switch to ON, the cabin preheating is all you get while unplugged.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
OK - haven't posted for a bit.

Friday afternoon - nothing (plugged in)

Weekend - none scheduled

Monday (12/12) morning - nothing (plugged).

I also get no messages in Fordpass when it fails.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Woohoo. It did work this afternoon. Not plugged in. No notification in Fordpass however.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Worked again this morning while plugged in (knock on wood). Not sure if I appeased the correct deity or it is just a fluke.

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Mine started the other day at 9pm, when I had it set for 7:10am. I finally gave up and turned it off. I was lucky if it worked 1 out of the 5 days I had it enabled for.

White_Lightnin_87

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Q7, 1966 Ford Mustang
Occupation
CPA
I took delivery of my 22 ER Lariat in October and the preconditioning has worked perfectly....up until a couple of weeks ago - I woke up and it did not precondition, but the next day it did so I didn't think anything of it. Today was the second day in a row that it has not preconditioned at home plugged in. Ford has to be aware of this, right?

I deleted all the precondition times in the truck and reconfigured them. Hopefully that works or this update they are about to push out soon will fix it. I am still on 3.5.4 just FYI.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Mine preconditions 90% of the time. Today was one of the 10% of the time when it didn’t and it was cold…. I needed it @Ford Motor Company

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I took delivery of my 22 ER Lariat in October and the preconditioning has worked perfectly....up until a couple of weeks ago - I woke up and it did not precondition, but the next day it did so I didn't think anything of it. Today was the second day in a row that it has not preconditioned at home plugged in. Ford has to be aware of this, right?

I deleted all the precondition times in the truck and reconfigured them. Hopefully that works or this update they are about to push out soon will fix it. I am still on 3.5.4 just FYI.
Just for kicks, while the truck is not plugged into your EVSE, power off the EVSE at the breaker, leave it off for ~5 minutes, then power on. Let it bootup and process any updates (if it's smart and network connected), hopefully your next scheduled pre-conditioning will work.

Sc954rr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Volvo XC90
Mine preconditions 90% of the time. Today was one of the 10% of the time when it didn’t and it was cold…. I needed it @Ford Motor Company
Same here, mine has worked for weeks when it was 30°F-40°F in the mornings but today when it was 19°F and heavy frost there was no pre-conditioning happening. The only thing that changed was there is a software update waiting to go that keeps failing, so I am wondering if that had something to do with it getting messed up. The truck was plugged in all night and charged to 90% as usual.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Same here, mine has worked for weeks when it was 30°F-40°F in the mornings but today when it was 19°F and heavy frost there was no pre-conditioning happening. The only thing that changed was there is a software update waiting to go that keeps failing, so I am wondering if that had something to do with it getting messed up. The truck was plugged in all night and charged to 90% as usual.
It might be, but I have no software update in sight. Only an Electrical failure message. I already booked an appointment for service
Sponsored