• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

No Preconditioning for over a week

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yesterday afternoon I was stuck in a meeting so I couldn't see what the truck did (Fordpass doesn't tell me anything anymore).

This morning it was ....weird.

6:05am - scheduled departure time
6:07am - observed no lights on (they normally come on when it hits the departure time if it works) so I did a remote start. It started instantly.
6:13am - left for work. Trucks seemed warmer than a ~6 minute remote start session, but I can't be sure. Climate was not set to Auto (weird) and the heated steering wheel wasn't working at all (typical preconditioning bug).

So did it pre-condition? I have no idea. Seemed to be some weird in between state.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Remote start is my plan for short local drives here onward, only preconditioning for long trips

Energy used during first few minutes peaks at 17.9 kw, then slows to 8.4 kw

Ford F-150 Lightning No Preconditioning for over a week 1671023259584

White_Lightnin_87

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Q7, 1966 Ford Mustang
Occupation
CPA
Checked the truck/app this morning about 10-15 mins prior to the set departure time and it was not preconditioning. Turned off preconditioning in the app then immediately back on and the truck started preconditioning...Sounds like an app issue maybe?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Checked the truck/app this morning about 10-15 mins prior to the set departure time and it was not preconditioning. Turned off preconditioning in the app then immediately back on and the truck started preconditioning...Sounds like an app issue maybe?
Often that is the problem, force-stop, clear the cache, restart the app, trigger a wake up interaction, lock/unlock doors, all's good for ~24-48 hours

sZedely

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
Mine has not been preconditioning, consistently, in the mornings (plugged in) for the past two weeks. Only a couple of times has it worked on its own. I remote start it from the app when it does not come on by itself. The app does not show that it starts, even though it does.

@Ford Motor Company has not bothered to address this issue with my case #. They want the dealership to fix it. I argued that this is clearly a programming issue that Ford has to update. I am not too happy with how they are handling these issues. Lack of ownership and effort.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Mine has not been preconditioning, consistently, in the mornings (plugged in) for the past two weeks. Only a couple of times has it worked on its own. I remote start it from the app when it does not come on by itself. The app does not show that it starts, even though it does.

@Ford Motor Company has not bothered to address this issue with my case #. They want the dealership to fix it. I argued that this is clearly a programming issue that Ford has to update. I am not too happy with how they are handling these issues. Lack of ownership and effort.
I am in the same situation with a case number and being referred to the dealer. Unfortunately I think all we can do now is wait and hope for a OTA update. I keep this thread going, and recording my results, to keep the visibility up.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Didn't work this afternoon - plugged in.

MBM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Yesterday afternoon I was stuck in a meeting so I couldn't see what the truck did (Fordpass doesn't tell me anything anymore).

This morning it was ....weird.

6:05am - scheduled departure time
6:07am - observed no lights on (they normally come on when it hits the departure time if it works) so I did a remote start. It started instantly.
6:13am - left for work. Trucks seemed warmer than a ~6 minute remote start session, but I can't be sure. Climate was not set to Auto (weird) and the heated steering wheel wasn't working at all (typical preconditioning bug).

So did it pre-condition? I have no idea. Seemed to be some weird in between state.
Do you recall what the battery temperature gauge was reading?
When I remote start, my battery temperature gage will remain slightly lower than the midpoint, and it stays that way for most of my 25 mile commute to work. When I precondition, the gauge will be dead center when getting into my truck. This is when it’s roughly 25F outside.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Do you recall what the battery temperature gauge was reading?
When I remote start, my battery temperature gage will remain slightly lower than the midpoint, and it stays that way for most of my 25 mile commute to work. When I precondition, the gauge will be dead center when getting into my truck. This is when it’s roughly 25F outside.
Honestly, I think the battery temp gauge is worthless. It hasn't been anywhere but dead center since I got the truck.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So it worked this morning (Yeah!) - no steering wheel heat though (as usual). I was plugged in.

I did get the 4.1.1 update which said it was related to preconditioning, so not sure if that did anything.

Sponsored

data003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Computer Nerd
So it worked this morning (Yeah!) - no steering wheel heat though (as usual). I was plugged in.

I did get the 4.1.1 update which said it was related to preconditioning, so not sure if that did anything.
4.1.1 is describing preconditions for OTA updates, not preconditioning. At least that’s how I read the description someone else posted.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
4.1.1 is describing preconditions for OTA updates, not preconditioning. At least that’s how I read the description someone else posted.
Yeah, I think you are right. That is what I get for reading the description before I have my coffee! :ROFLMAO:

hihosilver

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat - SR - Oxford White - MaxTow
Have any of you deleted the charging location and then tried setting up departure times with a new “home”? My truck arbitrarily lost my departure schedule one very cold morning. It was showing on the app but when I checked it in the truck it was completely blank. So I reset my home charging location and set up my departure schedule again and it has worked consistently since then.

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Have any of you deleted the charging location and then tried setting up departure times with a new “home”? My truck arbitrarily lost my departure schedule one very cold morning. It was showing on the app but when I checked it in the truck it was completely blank. So I reset my home charging location and set up my departure schedule again and it has worked consistently since then.
No - I have deleted the schedule, but not the charging location. May have to give that a try.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I think the problems root in the way the apps sync with the FP cloud.

When I've problems with charging scheme, I'll clear out the phone app settings [Force stop the app, clear the cache] and do all my new inputs only at the SYNC console, then restart the app, it should fetch the trucks settings which it should have reported to the FP cloud.

Generally that has solved my charging scheme anomalies during early ownership Aug/Sept.
Sponsored