• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Is this a possible reason that lariats and platinums seem to be on chip hold much longer this past month?
"Chip Hold" is generic. My friends Tremor was held up and the system showed Chip Hold. It was waiting on the fender badges.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
So what's going to happen when they ramp up to 10x the current production next summer?
Actually the target is 3x current run rate or around 2800 to 3000 a week.
As to hitting this lofty goal under current economic conditions .... unlikely.

SilverBrewer

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
My pro was just delivered with heated mirrors. Was he sure the mirrors are gone? I know one of his previous videos he wasn’t positive about heated mirror removal
I think it was changed I think heated mirrors are still a go - at least in cold weather areas. My buddy just took delivery of his in Cincinnati and they are still there but the wheel sure gets cold.

powercatnewt

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning, Bronco Badlands, 1968 Mustang
Occupation
MD Director of Technology
Right now you can't trust it Ford is having problems locking people out of Ford pass because they think you have given credentials to a 3rd party which leaves you stranded. That may be why they are leaving it off.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I hope they don’t stop improving PAAK for those of us who are fortunate enough to have it

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I think it was changed I think heated mirrors are still a go - at least in cold weather areas. My buddy just took delivery of his in Cincinnati and they are still there but the wheel sure gets cold.
How do you know if you have heated mirrors? I don't see anything that says mine are heated (or that they aren't) but the one time i had ice build up i thought they cleared themselves on warm up.

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt
How do you know if you have heated mirrors? I don't see anything that says mine are heated (or that they aren't) but the one time i had ice build up i thought they cleared themselves on warm up.

on my ice f150 it had a button near the seat warmer switch

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
on my ice f150 it had a button near the seat warmer switch
hmmmm thats all digital on the screen on the lariat. On my Fusion they just work when the defroster is on, there us a heat symbol on the mirror though.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Yea, also glad I got my Platinum built in May. Zero deletions, every option was put on it and it’s had zero issues. Love the truck.
Yeah, I think I made a stupid decision on Monday... There's a '22 Lariat ER configured exactly how I want my truck, which has been a showroom mannequin since June. It was to be up for sale here soon, end of next week actually, and I was first in line to buy it...

Another Lightning came in that a customer abandoned - '23 XLT... They're placing that as their mannequin so they could sell the other and therefore called me.

So they tell me the situation, the truck is mine if I can complete the deal in the next 10 business days. Price is MSRP + $5500, no other fees or BS. I talked to them a bit, they wouldn't budge on the ADM because unlike the '23 models, it has all the features. I ended up declining because it would cost me $5K more than mine that's stuck in chip hold limbo...

Now I'm regretting that. I could be driving that truck today. I called them up this morning to see if it's still there. Nope. They sold it to the next guy on the list right after I declined it. He ran straight over and bought it. ...Well, poop.

"Chip Hold" is generic. My friends Tremor was held up and the system showed Chip Hold. It was waiting on the fender badges.
I'm being told one of the primary reasons my truck has been stuck on "chip hold" for a month now is because the window sticker specifies the all-season tires and 8550# GVW package. They can't ship mine with the AT tires/ 8400# package that trucks are defaulting to now for current production. So until the shortage of the AS tires clears up, or Ford qualifies a new tire to take its place with the same GVW ratings, my truck will sit.

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Yeah, I think I made a stupid decision on Monday... There's a '22 Lariat ER configured exactly how I want my truck, which has been a showroom mannequin since June. It was to be up for sale here soon, end of next week actually, and I was first in line to buy it...

Another Lightning came in that a customer abandoned - '23 XLT... They're placing that as their mannequin so they could sell the other and therefore called me.

So they tell me the situation, the truck is mine if I can complete the deal in the next 10 business days. Price is MSRP + $5500, no other fees or BS. I talked to them a bit, they wouldn't budge on the ADM because unlike the '23 models, it has all the features. I ended up declining because it would cost me $5K more than mine that's stuck in chip hold limbo...

Now I'm regretting that. I could be driving that truck today. I called them up this morning to see if it's still there. Nope. They sold it to the next guy on the list right after I declined it. He ran straight over and bought it. ...Well, poop.

I'm being told one of the primary reasons my truck has been stuck on "chip hold" for a month now is because the window sticker specifies the all-season tires and 8550# GVW package. They can't ship mine with the AT tires/ 8400# package that trucks are defaulting to now for current production. So until the shortage of the AS tires clears up, or Ford qualifies a new tire to take its place with the same GVW ratings, my truck will sit.
That might be the lowest ADM I've seen on a mannequin Lightning. Even these days, I can't find anything under $12K markup. Yeah I hate to make you feel worse, but you definitely missed out on that deal. Factoring in the price increase next year and feature deletion, that truck woulda been a steal.

Sponsored

shadycoh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 xlt

and not to pour salt in the wounds that truck would have gotten the full 7500 tax credit

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
That might be the lowest ADM I've seen on a mannequin Lightning. Even these days, I can't find anything under $12K markup. Yeah I hate to make you feel worse, but you definitely missed out on that deal. Factoring in the price increase next year and feature deletion, that truck woulda been a steal.
I've seen a few out there with little or no ADM. A couple reports from others on here being able to pick one up without ADM. I'm noticing the markups are increasing on the '22s though. We're at year-end for tax credit purposes and most of those trucks are already spoken for, especially if they can be delivered this year. There is a dealership near me that has two '22 Lightnings for sale, one a nice Lariat ER, the other a platinum. No takers, but this dealership is notoriously awful and they want $25K markups on those trucks.

Part of the issue I had and why I didn't go through with it is they already agreed to sell it to me at MSRP. And that offer was still good last I confirmed, before getting a build notification for my '23 Lighting. I'm paying '22 price for my '23 because my order from June rolled to a '23... So while it may not have been the best decision in retrospect, I wasn't happy they weren't honoring their deal made when I put the deposit on the mannequin and which was still verified in writing via email 6 weeks ago. I suppose that's why it took me until last night to realize I had made a mistake and for me to call them this morning. This truck wasn't at the dealership my Lightning order is through.

My '23 Lariat ER, Max Tow, spray liner, Azure Gray has a MSRP of $90,019. My dealer is doing $1000 below MSRP like Granger Ford and a few others. No fees. And I get the $8500 private offer since I was a '22 roll-over. So that's $80,519. This '22 was $80,759 + $5500 for $86,259.

If I weren't mad about them not honoring their agreement. Or if I were paying full 2023 pricing for my '23 order, I think I would have ran right over there and bought it.

and not to pour salt in the wounds that truck would have gotten the full 7500 tax credit
True. Because I'm 99% sure that my '23 won't arrive by the end of the year at this point. Although, the tax credit wouldn't benefit me now. My business has been slow and now with the market downturn and other things I have enough losses this year it looks like I won't be owing much, if any, taxes. I think a lot of people are going to be in that situation this year... Earlier this year the tax credit was meaningful, now not so much. Sadly, it almost makes more sense for me to take the truck in '23 and see if there's a chance they'll raise the price cap to qualify.

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech