• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
Picked up my standard range Lariat in mid December. About a month ago I got the Powertrain Malfunction Reduced Power message. Took it to the dealer and service said the on board charger needed replacing. They said there was no ETA on when the part would come in but it was okay to drive and the error would keep on appearing. Today I got a Stop Safely Now message and could not start the truck. Ford Roadside Assistance towed it 40 miles to my dealer and now I'm waiting for service to diagnose.

After reading on this forum and the Mustang Mach E forum it's so frustrating to see that this is not a new issue and potentially could be a long to fix.
Read your state's lemon law, become familiar with it, and do not be afraid to flex on it.
Sponsored

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Dealer just called and said the entire high voltage battery needs to be replaced but no ETA on the part and no loaner. The service advisor told me that Ford told them to park the truck far away from the building and go out every two hours to check on it.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Dealer just called and said the entire high voltage battery needs to be replaced but no ETA on the part and no loaner. The service advisor told me that Ford told them to park the truck far away from the building and go out every two hours to check on it.
Your dealer is exaggerating just a tad there

Beezelbubba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
150-Lightning XLT SR
Call Ford, demand a loaner. They will cover a rental (and if you ask them, they will cover your gas too)

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Mache GTpe
A few days ago I had a problem starting my XLT. I have a heated garage. I always remote start my truck.

When I started it, I got the stop safely warning. I tried to start it again, and got the same message. Same thing, one more time. Then I noticed it was starting in accessories mode.

I notice the brake pedal was real mushy. This time I pushed the pedal to the floor started it. Everything has been fine since.

Sponsored

khartsel

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Business Owner
So add me to the list of battery/powertrain failures. I have been without my 22' lightning for 9 weeks. At this point, the EV team is pointing the finger at the dealership and the dealership is claiming Ford hasn't sent them the parts. Does anybody on this forum have any recommendations on what I should do? I don't think the 9 weeks will count towards the lemon law because the dealership provided me with a loaner. I'm thinking I should start the buy back process? I'm tired of paying on a truck that stays at the dealership.

Truck Specs:
Lariat
Extended Range

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My truck has been at the dealer for two and a half weeks now. The service manager told me yesterday he doesn’t expect a replacement battery for 2-3 months. He claimed there isn’t a single battery in the whole country, not even the assembly line and that Ford isn’t even building trucks right now because of this. I don’t believe this is true.

He suggested I pursue a buyback and I sent an email to my customer experience rep at Ford but I haven’t heard back yet.

I’m dreading the process but keeping an open mind.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
He claimed there isn’t a single battery in the whole country, not even the assembly line and that Ford isn’t even building trucks right now because of this. I don’t believe this is true.
He is BS'ng you, trucks are in production, but there may be some truth to the repair battery supplies

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t want this to drag on for months on end but I feel like a buyback is going to end with me not with a lightning anymore. Wondering if I’m going to lose money in the deal as I put 8000 miles on the truck in three months.

I’m really torn what to do
A. Wait for the repair potentially for months
B. Go through a buyback
C. Make a lemon law claim

Sponsored

Rancheroni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Bronco 4D
I just got the Powertrain Malfunction/ Reduced Power warning this morning as well... wrench icon on dash. I'm at 5k miles. Build date week of 11/28/22, so a little later than the majority of others on the Google doc.

I've also gotten the air dam fault at the same exact time which I thought was odd. Got that air dam fault error quite a few times now (maybe 6?) I'm hoping it's not actually the battery and maybe it's a separate part and/or software issue.

'23 lightning XLT SR

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e
@Ford Motor Company , this is bad. Can you please look into it on your end and provide an official response? What is going on? What is Ford doing to resolve this issue? What is being done to provide packs for repairs?

It's understandable that this is stressful for all involved including you all. If you don't have all the answers it's OK. This is a journey we're all taking together. Please provide some information on the plan and how it's going. We'll all feel better for it. Thanks in advance!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
@Ford Motor Company , this is bad. Can you please look into it on your end and provide an official response? What is going on? What is Ford doing to resolve this issue? What is being done to provide packs for repairs?

It's understandable that this is stressful for all involved including you all. If you don't have all the answers it's OK. This is a journey we're all taking together. Please provide some information on the plan and how it's going. We'll all feel better for it. Thanks in advance!
Good morning! I can look into this for you. Feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.

khartsel

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Occupation
Business Owner
My truck has been at the dealer for two and a half weeks now. The service manager told me yesterday he doesn’t expect a replacement battery for 2-3 months. He claimed there isn’t a single battery in the whole country, not even the assembly line and that Ford isn’t even building trucks right now because of this. I don’t believe this is true.

He suggested I pursue a buyback and I sent an email to my customer experience rep at Ford but I haven’t heard back yet.

I’m dreading the process but keeping an open mind.
Where did you get the contact information for your customer experience rep? The Ford EV team is saying they have done all they can do.

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Where did you get the contact information for your customer experience rep? The Ford EV team is saying they have done all they can do.
I called 1-800-392-3673 and spoke with someone from the BEV team who created a case number.
Sponsored