• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pre-Condition battery for DCFC?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
For some of us, accuracy counts. Your statement was incorrect. That's all. Take it as a learning point. We are all friends here.
I can find just a many credible sources that support my definition as you can.
You’re correct….I did learn one thing! 😂

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
We should be focusing our efforts on convincing @Ford Motor Company to provide us an option to precondition manually (and providing the confirmation that it is actually doing the commanded preconditioning) ASAP, having to rely on their 2nd tier navigation system is a joke

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
BUMP

Hammick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Taking a trip in a few days and will be on I-25 in Wyoming. A couple of the newest EA chargers don't show up in Google Maps. I sure hope the built in NAV has them or I won't be able to precondition. Anybody know if the Tesla Superchargers in Casper or Sheridan show up as DCFC chargers in the built in NAV? If so, I could route to them to trick my truck into preconditioning.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Taking a trip in a few days and will be on I-25 in Wyoming. A couple of the newest EA chargers don't show up in Google Maps. I sure hope the built in NAV has them or I won't be able to precondition. Anybody know if the Tesla Superchargers in Casper or Sheridan show up as DCFC chargers in the built in NAV? If so, I could route to them to trick my truck into preconditioning.
They are not yet open to non-Teslas, so no.

TexasEdition

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Carbonized Gray Lightning Pro SR, 240V
Occupation
Landscaper
Does the charger selected as destination have to be a DCFC?

If the more common municipal L2 chargers also trigger preconditioning, an L2 charger (near the new EA DCFC charger) could be selected as the destination to trigger preconditioning.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Does the charger selected as destination have to be a DCFC?

If the more common municipal L2 chargers also trigger preconditioning, an L2 charger (near the new EA DCFC charger) could be selected as the destination to trigger preconditioning.
Yes, it does. I would assume this is because the truck has no issue charging on a level 2 charger, but a DC fast charger goes much faster, and if the battery isn't warm enough it cannot accept that level of charge.
Sponsored