• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Price Protection After the Fact People

boggle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 PRO
I still feel that there is no sticking their neck out. Ford has the program place. From what Tim has said, it started in 2016. It didn’t start with the Lightning. People should not have to hope their dealer is going to honest and let the customer the money arrived after the fact. That’s not the way it is supposed to work.
Not the way it should work, but it's not like Ford has done anything to advise dealerships otherwise. Dealers know there's no accountability and they can flat out refuse to front the money to get buyers down to the correct price level on the invoice. Why pass off $5K for 45 days if you don't have to? As you mention this is an issue not exclusive to the Lightning, but never has there been a greater incentive for a dealer to get a order holder to walk out of a sale than they currently do with these Lightnings.
Sponsored

NoBite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Whoa, that was an opposite way of writing up your contract...

Usually the dealer gets an immediate credit using the certificate number for the PCO.

It's the Price protection money that is not immediate and delayed...
This is in deed unusual. I may ask my dealer if he is willing to do that, that way he is not fronting both the PCO and the price protection. Never have I heard of Ford sending the PCO as a check in the mail.

The hardest time I have is telling the dealer: "Forget about the PCO. This is between me and Ford. All you have to worry about is to honor the original MSRP." If I can separate these two processes for the dealer, e.g. by having Ford send me the check directly, the conversation can focus on the price protection part and may get better traction because at this point, it should work like all the other Ford models.

anthafied

First Name
Anthy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning
Occupation
Firefighter paramedic
Promising news! My dealer (Watsonville Ford) heard back from the regional manager and confirmed price protection. They said that once they get paid from Ford in the next 45 days they (the dealer) will issue a check directly to me. I have this in writing in my contract.

Nbpfit07

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Healthcare
Ran by the dealer this past Thursday, took my “we owe”/copy of the price protection policy/memo about the pro price change. Told my salesman it had been over 45 days since purchase and I was here to collect (I told him I would be getting back with him 45 days from now to get this handled, when I purchased it).

Sales manager wasn’t there who completed the sale. Ended with the GM talking to me trying to explain that this must be a misunderstanding of an owed $5k and that it probably was for add ons etc. Told him some dealerships were having luck with dealing with this by talking to their regional manager etc. took all my info, promised to call me back Friday. Well it’s end of Monday and…….crickets.

Allegedly will hear from them tomorrow, they were “still discussing it” today. Will hopefully update tomorrow.

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
Promising news! My dealer (Watsonville Ford) heard back from the regional manager and confirmed price protection. They said that once they get paid from Ford in the next 45 days they (the dealer) will issue a check directly to me. I have this in writing in my contract.
Will be reassuring once someone gives an example of this actually happening. It's been well over 45 days since the 2023 F-150 Lightning Pros got their first price increase and am sure some folks that took delivery of their trucks in October or November could attest to rebate checks by now if they got them...

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Just like Tim Bartz basically has said all these dealers should know about price protection and you all should be getting it at the time of the sale. I did and a good number of others on here did too.

Nbpfit07

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Healthcare
No changes for me today, supposed to go up in the morning to meet with some managers etc to discuss this. Though they signed an owe sheet for $5k at time of sale, for price protection, they now act like they have no idea what or how to deal with this. Have provided them every piece of paper/memo/policy and they still act clueless. So frustrating. Will update tomorrow.

Nbpfit07

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Healthcare
Alright, check received/deposited as of today. 58 total days from purchase. Still was a bit of a headache. They “didn’t know where to look or how to see that the money had been re-invoiced/deposited.” After they “finally could see it” was a breeze.

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
Alright, check received/deposited as of today. 58 total days from purchase. Still was a bit of a headache. They “didn’t know where to look or how to see that the money had been re-invoiced/deposited.” After they “finally could see it” was a breeze.
Wow, finally confirmation! TY!
Now to see if us $9,000 price protection (after both 1st & 2nd price hikes) folks have success...

Sponsored
OP
OP

F150Blue

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I was told yesterday that my 5k check is in the mail!!! I took delivery on December 2nd. So there is hope for everyone..
Who told you?

Nebraskabob

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning pro, maverick xlt
Who told you?
My dealer
What this an automatic thing or did you have to request it? I assume it's from the dealer and not from Ford?
My dealer had given me a written IOU at the time of purchase. I hadn't asked them about it since, then they called the other day and told me to watch for the check.

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Better change to an honest and transparent dealer.

My chosen Ford dealer is very transparent - have known the owners for over 15 years.
100% agree with this. I changed from the first dealer to Walnut Creek Ford, I am in Northern Cal. These guys are very transparent and honest. They took off the $5K at pick up and all is in writing. They don't add ADM, all the cars in their lot have window stickers with "No dealer mark up" label.
Meanwhile the first dealer I was assigned to keeps playing game, I heard.
Hoping that everybody here will get the check soon.
Sponsored