• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Price Protection After the Fact People

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
I was hoping to see a little more energy on this thread, especially as new threads are popping up here and there

It seems like people are falling into at least these categories I'll list below. In these categories, I'm assuming everyone got the 22-23 model year transition private offer which is 7k for pros and around that for other trims (Also, I get that 22-23 model year transition and PL320-325 price protection amounts vary for different trims. Also not including PL325-330 2nd '23 price increase. I haven't heard much on that but figure price protection works the same where the price is as ordered, minus private offer)

1) Dealer acknowledge price protection at pickup, puts order through the incentives based on protected date and customer pays what they expected

2) Dealer does not acknowledge $5k (pro) price protection. They may or may not claim to know about it but refuse/are unable to put order through at protected price. They offer to refund the difference if Ford charges the protected price and they get that money. They will pass that money to the customer when it comes in if it comes in (~45 days later) - I say refuse/are unable because I don't think we have a way of knowing whether they truly tried to print the order with incentives based on the protected date.

3) Dealer does not acknowledge price protection. Not sure whether they're trying to put the order through with the protected date or not. They won't share information or commit to refunding money.

4) Dealer may or may not acknowledge price protection but won't put order through with it and says if Ford gives them money on your deal they're keeping it.

Based on discussions with Ford, for cases 2 and 3, I don't know if there is any way for them to know if a dealer returns that money to the customer or pockets it. Ford claims they're making it difficult for dealers to take customer money like this but haven't recently offered any evidence.

If there is enough energy on this it may be worth setting up a survey. Please reply if I'm missing another big category on here, and let me know where you are.

I am certainly curious if anyone in categories 2 and 3 have gotten a check. We have some category 2 responses already.
Sponsored

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Anecdote from a Cat 2 person: My purchase was only ~34 days ago. So, really too early to expect the dealer refund check. But Monday I found a mailing from dealer and I got all excited about them possibly following through early on the refund. Instead, it was a $4 DMV fees refund. Besides the anticlimax, my point is that if the dealer is dotting their i's and crossing their t's to the tune of a $4 check . . . perhaps there's hope that they'll also come through with the $5k check (which was promised via email discussions). Continued best of luck to the After the Fact Team.

regentscholar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S '12, Model 3 '17, Ford '23 F-150 Pro
Anecdote from a Cat 2 person: My purchase was only ~34 days ago. So, really too early to expect the dealer refund check. But Monday I found a mailing from dealer and I got all excited about them possibly following through early on the refund. Instead, it was a $4 DMV fees refund. Besides the anticlimax, my point is that if the dealer is dotting their i's and crossing their t's to the tune of a $4 check . . . perhaps there's hope that they'll also come through with the $5k check (which was promised via email discussions). Continued best of luck to the After the Fact Team.
I'm in Camp 2. Dealer acknowledges Ford *may* reimburse them price protection amount, and they'd do an IOU and reimburse me (on their honor). Of course for me, now I'm in the $9k price protection gauntlet, as my Pro vehicle is just now in production in Michigan after Ford enacted the 2nd price hike...

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
For those of you who had to go with the "wait for the check to hopefully come back" method, did the dealer explain how that is supposed to work? Do they submit a request to Ford for a specific dollar amount, or does Ford see the sale occured and then know how much is owed back in price protection? If you got something in writing from your dealer, did it state the dollar amount on that agreement, or was it a generic "if we get a check you'll get it"?

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 21 Corvette Convertible
A couple things that have crossed my mind. (1) Some people are very active on this forum prior to delivery of the truck but then disappear once they received it. So, if any of these people are those waiting on the price protection check we may never know if they have gotten it. (2). It is possible some may not want to say they never received the check from the dealer for one reason or another.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those of you who had to go with the "wait for the check to hopefully come back" method, did the dealer explain how that is supposed to work? Do they submit a request to Ford for a specific dollar amount, or does Ford see the sale occured and then know how much is owed back in price protection? If you got something in writing from your dealer, did it state the dollar amount on that agreement, or was it a generic "if we get a check you'll get it"?
Price protection from Ford to the dealers is supposed to automatic from everything I have heard and read.

Nbpfit07

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford F-150 Lariat 2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Healthcare
Price protection from Ford to the dealers is supposed to automatic from everything I have heard and read.
I took the price protection policy (blue colored document) plus the following two things with me when it had been >45 days. Maybe it’ll help someone!

Ford F-150 Lightning Price Protection After the Fact People 0C47DF60-3A26-416E-9418-5BC35E58E538

Ford F-150 Lightning Price Protection After the Fact People 3307335C-47A7-4E86-B8B7-717E92548C66

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
I'm officially part of the club now. On the third trip to the dealer (not including one cancelled one), two weeks after seeing the truck, and after being told "my number is right on" in response to outlining what I expected to pay in an e-mail, I was once again presented with the $5000 higher price when I arrived. At this point I've missed over a day of work since the dealer is a few towns over, and I folded and signed. I hoped using their uncompetitive financing, which they "required", was throwing them a bone enough but no.

It wasn't fun to hear they'd 'hate to sell it out from under me', but mostly, at this point I can't defend the time I was sinking into it. I'm pretty upset with the dealer and regional rep and Ford HQ they supposedly talked to, but they did say multiple times if Ford sends them the money they will forward it to me. They kept saying Ford would send me the money which is a red flag but again, already wasted a lot of time. So pissed at Ford for leaving us out to dry like this - I get the new prices on the window stickers but they have no business updating our online orders with the new price if they're honoring the order price as they say.

I showed them all the paperwork. Unfortunately I also showed them Tim Bartz video on price protection and I misinterpreted the screen where you use "incentives based on: protected date" to be how you bring up the original order price, but it was only for incentives which didn't really apply here... I really wish Tim's video showed both how to bring up the order with the new price and compared that to bringing up the order with the protected price for the same vehicle so I really could have put it in front of their face, but instead they ended up with something to use against me.

Update: I posted elsewhere but picked up the truck. Had a chat with the salesperson and they looked into price protection and confirmed the money should come in and they’ll definitely send me the money when it comes in.

Last edited:

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm officially part of the club now. On the third trip to the dealer (not including one cancelled one), two weeks after seeing the truck, and after being told "my number is right on" in response to outlining what I expected to pay in an e-mail, I was once again presented with the $5000 higher price when I arrived. At this point I've missed over a day of work since the dealer is a few towns over, and I folded and signed. I hoped using their uncompetitive financing, which they "required", was throwing them a bone enough but no.

It wasn't fun to hear they'd 'hate to sell it out from under me', but mostly, at this point I can't defend the time I was sinking into it. I'm pretty upset with the dealer and regional rep and Ford HQ they supposedly talked to, but they did say multiple times if Ford sends them the money they will forward it to me. They kept saying Ford would send me the money which is a red flag but again, already wasted a lot of time. So pissed at Ford for leaving us out to dry like this - I get the new prices on the window stickers but they have no business updating our online orders with the new price if they're honoring the order price as they say.

I showed them all the paperwork. Unfortunately I also showed them Tim Bartz video on price protection and I misinterpreted the screen where you use "incentives based on: protected date" to be how you bring up the original order price, but it was only for incentives which didn't really apply here... I really wish Tim's video showed both how to bring up the order with the new price and compared that to bringing up the order with the protected price for the same vehicle so I really could have put it in front of their face, but instead they ended up with something to use against me.
that stinks and required financing. that seems shady and illegal

BoomerRocco

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 5.0, 2023 Lightning Pro
I'm happy to report I received my check for 5k today. Purchase date was January 14, received a call February 17 that it was ready for pick up. This was of course on top of the private offer at time of purchase.

I just completed my Ford sales survey and gave my dealer all 5's.

The GM included a nice letter with the check as well.

Ford F-150 Lightning Price Protection After the Fact People 20230218_125630

Sponsored

surferjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Good news here. Ford Store Morgan Hill confirms they can see the $5k price protection from the October price increase (my order placed in August). Should appear on Ford's February statement to the dealer with refund to me in March.

So, the awkward process can work, just takes some time.

Shady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150xlt
Picked my 2023 Pro up Dec 9th from Mac Hiak ford in Georgetown Tx. They said they would not front me the 5K but if ford sends them anything they will forward that amount.

5K price protection check was in my mail box today. It may have been there for a week :) I don't check the box often.

Check was dated 2/9

I have been going to contact them for the last few weeks but never had the time to sit on hold and get aggravated that they cant "find" it lol.

So no contact on my part with them about it and they held up there end of the agreement.

I had kind of thought of it like when you loan a friend money. If you get it back great if not well lesson learned.

s_c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Owner
Picked my 2023 Pro up Dec 9th from Mac Hiak ford in Georgetown Tx. They said they would not front me the 5K but if ford sends them anything they will forward that amount.

5K price protection check was in my mail box today. It may have been there for a week :) I don't check the box often.

Check was dated 2/9

I have been going to contact them for the last few weeks but never had the time to sit on hold and get aggravated that they cant "find" it lol.

So no contact on my part with them about it and they held up there end of the agreement.

I had kind of thought of it like when you loan a friend money. If you get it back great if not well lesson learned.
Glad they sent it without hounding them!

stephen123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
I just got my 5k price protection check check in the mail from my dealer. It's been such a strange process. I'm really surprised no one from the dealership thought to contact me saying the check was on the way, particularly after the amount of communication I've had with them about it over the last two months. They never confirmed I'd get the check and everyone at the dealership seemed adamant the money wouldn't come through but if it did they'd send it my way.

Has anyone been able to get the extra sales tax back for the unnecessary $5,000 we paid? Is the price protection check a rebate or is it a price adjustment for being overcharged in the first place?
Sponsored