• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Price Protection After the Fact People

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I'm curious what my dealer is going to say, my purchase price on the order is $53 and the sticker is almost $67. I don't think I'm supposed to have the $7500 private offer.
Any updates on your truck?
Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got a 22 invite and it was converted to a 23, and I ordered an XLT on 9/16. MSRP was $59k and change when I ordered. MSRP on the 22 XLT was $52k and change. I was told by Ford around time of ordering that there was a private cash offer and price protection, to get the 23 pricing back to 22 numbers. My truck was delivered a week ago, and the dealer is saying I qualify for price protection ($6500) off current 23 XLT MSRP, but that's it.
I called Ford marketing and they said the same. Anyone have any advice on getting the private cash offer?
The $6500 is your private cash offer from Ford for model year 22 pricing. The dealer is not giving the MSRP price protection for the MSRP increase that happened in August (or was it October).

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Any updates on your truck?
I see that it is in inventory with an 'in transit's status at the dealer (automated). I haven't heard a word from the dealership about it. It is still scheduled for production next week.

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Had a huge sigh of relief today as I opened an envelope from my dealer that contained a check for $9100. So there is still hope for all of you waiting on that check. I bought the truck on 4/5 and received this check on 4/28, so not even 30 days.

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
My dealer is claiming they only received $2769 from Ford, instead of the $5000 as promised in the October price increase memo for the Pro model. I'm having a hard time believing the dealer, especially when they failed to even contact me that they received it. It took me calling them for them to check and then get back to me the following day. Any 2023 Pro buyers ran into an issue similar to this? The $7000 in private cash offer was applied at purchase as a rebate.

Sponsored

KurtsRPMGarage

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, 22 Tesla Model 3, 03 C5 Z06
Occupation
Geologist
Received my $5k check from my dealer today. Only took 4.5 months of me bugging them. To be fair they were generally polite the whole time and this is not something they had ever dealt with before. They claimed they still had not received the reimbursement from Ford yet but that they had received approval from their rep so they went ahead and issued the check. Good luck everyone else, especially those of you dealing with these more recent crazy price increases.

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I ordered in 8/22 and took delivery in early 2/23. $7k private offer was applied at time of purchase, with the promise of price protection $$ when the dealer received it from Ford. Just got a call from the dealership’s new car manager saying I should see a check by next week, so I’m optimistic. Theoretically I should be getting $9100 (2 price increases + destination charge increase), if so I’ll have that rare unicorn $40k Pro.
Well this is interesting, I got a check from the dealer today, for $7100. I was expecting $9100, so I'm not sure where that number came from. I'll have to follow up with the dealer. Originally prior to the sale they were showing a $2000 ADM, but when I took delivery that $2000 was not reflected in the paperwork. I wonder if they're trying to get it now, after the fact. Honestly even if I end up getting only $7100 I'll probably be semi-satisfied. That's still $18,000 less than the current sticker price. I was expecting to have to put up a fight to get anything at all.

Last edited:

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My dealer is claiming they only received $2769 from Ford, instead of the $5000 as promised in the October price increase memo for the Pro model. I'm having a hard time believing the dealer, especially when they failed to even contact me that they received it. It took me calling them for them to check and then get back to me the following day. Any 2023 Pro buyers ran into an issue similar to this? The $7000 in private cash offer was applied at purchase as a rebate.
Not buying the dealers story. That’s an odd number.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well this is interesting, I got a check from the dealer today, for $7100. I was expecting $9100, so I'm not sure where that number came from. I'll have to follow up with the dealer. Originally prior to the sale they were showing a $2000 ADM, but when I took delivery that $2000 was not reflected in the paperwork. I wonder if they're trying to get it now, after the fact. Honestly even if I end up getting only $7100 I'll probably be semi-satisfied. That's still $18,000 less than the current sticker price. I was expecting to have to put up a fight to get anything at all.
sure seems like they siphoned off that $2000 ADM

bordner42

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Pro
Not buying the dealers story. That’s an odd number.
Neither am I. The first time he called me he claimed it was probably the difference between the $5000 I told him and an increased dealer destination fee. When I called back later the same day he tried to reference it as being the difference between a 3% EV compliance fee from MSRP and a 1.5% customer compliance fee from MSRP. When I asked him to share these numbers with me he claimed it was from a sensitive document from Ford that he wasn't allowed to share.

This was after I emailed him the October memo to dealers regarding how the $5000 increase wouldn't affect current orders and he said he'd never seen it before and it's odd how I would have an internal document.

Sponsored

Tpaguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning (Wave Aug ‘22 Order)
I’m going through this price protection and PCO mess right now and honestly am losing faith in Ford. The dealer is pointing the finger at Ford saying they are no longer honoring price protection for MY23. They found my PCO offer but will only apply it to the new MSRP.

I called Ford and they disagreed with what the Dealer told me but won’t step in to resolve it, saying it’s between me and the dealer.
I’m a current Mach E owner and that order was a fiasco too.

What confuses me here is Ford inserted themselves right into the order process, then caused confusion by increasing pricing and changing the monroney stickers, and now they are disclaiming any part of the process in the last step when the dealer doesn’t know how to handle this all while Ford says they honor the price at the time ordered.

I’m thinking of calling a class action attorney to look into this - it’s not right how they are doing this to buyers and abandoning them at the final stage of the deal. I really don’t want to escalate this for a damn truck but reading these horror stories and now living it myself has me thinking this may be only way to cause Ford to change this awful ordering process.

I’m a current Mach E owner and that order was a fiasco too…. I was a day one reservation for this truck and ordered it under the extension program with the PCO offer.

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
sure seems like they siphoned off that $2000 ADM
Just heard back from their new car manager and that's exactly what happened. Since I never signed anything agreeing to an ADM, and since they agreed to forward to me any price protection $$ they received from Ford, I think I have a pretty strong case if I want to pursue it. I'll follow up with the sales manager and / or GM first to see if we can resolve it.

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Had a huge sigh of relief today as I opened an envelope from my dealer that contained a check for $9100. So there is still hope for all of you waiting on that check. I bought the truck on 4/5 and received this check on 4/28, so not even 30 days.
Awesome! I got $7100 (after waiting 11 weeks), still working on that final $2k.

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
I got $2k less than I was owed. Dealer is claiming that they didn't add $2k ADM at time of sale so they subtracted it from the price protection money. I'm still working on getting that $2k, since I never signed anything agreeing to any ADM. So my dealer received the correct amount from Ford, they're just not passing it all along to me. I don't think I would believe your dealer's story about not receiving the correct amount from Ford.