• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Reduced power with no Fault code

srvethelord

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Military
Good afternoon! I'm new to this group, but I sure do love my Lightning. Ironic because I've never been a Ford fan, preferred Nissan, GMC, or pretty much any car (except European) over Ford.

I had the same 56% power reduction today, first time. But it had nothing to do with charging. I drove it about 20 miles this morning to my destination. It sat for about 40 minutes. I started it up again and realized the acceleration was extremely lagging. Then I noticed the 56% power availability. It wasn't terrible cold here and I've driven it in much colder temperatures. Has anyone had any resolution and or explanation as to the cause?
Sponsored

Kmgalea

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT Standard Range
Good afternoon! I'm new to this group, but I sure do love my Lightning. Ironic because I've never been a Ford fan, preferred Nissan, GMC, or pretty much any car (except European) over Ford.

I had the same 56% power reduction today, first time. But it had nothing to do with charging. I drove it about 20 miles this morning to my destination. It sat for about 40 minutes. I started it up again and realized the acceleration was extremely lagging. Then I noticed the 56% power availability. It wasn't terrible cold here and I've driven it in much colder temperatures. Has anyone had any resolution and or explanation as to the cause?
It usually means one of the motors is not working and you will be driving with power to 2 wheels instead of 4. You can confirm by checking the power distribution screen. Usually it goes away with shutting the truck off and turning it back on after a while. Don’t know why it happens. It happened to me only once on a good rainy day after a year of ownership.

srvethelord

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Military
It usually means one of the motors is not working and you will be driving with power to 2 wheels instead of 4. You can confirm by checking the power distribution screen. Usually it goes away with shutting the truck off and turning it back on after a while. Don’t know why it happens. It happened to me only once on a good rainy day after a year of ownership.
Thanks Keith. Roger, I'm tracking one of the motors isn't working. But why isn't it working? I neglected to state I restarted the truck twice and it still remained at 56% power. It's been parked a few hours and my wife just left in it. I'm interested to know if she has had any problems (I told her about it). She'll definitely let me know if she does, ha!

CalgaryLightning

First Name
Navid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Hey there! Can you please send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to take a closer look at this on my end.
Hey there, I had a similar issue this morning, and it was the first time that has happened. I charged my 2023 Lariat ER last night to 90% with my L2 Charge Station Pro. When I left home this morning, available power was 56% then 51% and the front motor not working. I parked when I arrived at work and restarted the truck but didn't fix it. I tried about an hour later and this time it was fixed. Can I private message you my info too?

ruthcalhoun

First Name
Ruth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I experienced this today. Turned the truck off and on again and it went away. I'm not able to discern what exactly is happening or what I should do based on skimming this thread. I'm not very good with this kind of stuff. Is this a dangerous thing? Should I contact my dealer?

Ford F-150 Lightning Reduced power with no Fault code unnamed

Sponsored

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
I experienced this today. Turned the truck off and on again and it went away. I'm not able to discern what exactly is happening or what I should do based on skimming this thread. I'm not very good with this kind of stuff. Is this a dangerous thing? Should I contact my dealer?

unnamed.jpg
If it went away like that, it's basically a software glitch and not something to be concerned about

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT SR Avalanche
Had this happen to me this morning and watched it bounce down to 74% then to 64% and stayed there. No indicator lights or anything. Drove to work 25 miles fine. I have an appointment in a few hours and it's not plugged in. I'll report back if it's gone but man almost half the power not available for no reason?

ruthcalhoun

First Name
Ruth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Happened again this morning. Not too cold. Good charge. Definitely saw front motor was not charging/powering.

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
A little farther back up in the thread, there used to be some comments by EndoliteMatrix where they said they and Ford had tracked the issue down to Apple AirTags causing some weirdness. Unfortunately it looks like their account was deleted. They were pretty upset and a bit short, but they did say they'd figured it out. I can only go on memory but it was something to do with the Airtags and Bluetooth causing a rapid cycling of the trucks wakeup process... the details are fuzzy. I confirmed my wife had an Airtag in her purse and it's usually close to the truck at home. But I haven't had it happen in a long time. I've also finally started getting updates so maybe one of them fixes it too. Really hard to say.

ruthcalhoun

First Name
Ruth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting. I don't use Airtags, for what it's worth. And it happened again this morning (after I had an update).

Sponsored

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Then I have no idea. The only other thing I think everyone had in common was they were AC charging (maybe overnight-ish) prior to the fault.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023 Extended Range
Occupation
Marketing
This all just happened to me; I've only had this truck for a week, will have to keep my eye on that. I noticed there was no "punch" when I hit the accelerator.

Didn't think to take a picture / check this at the time; as a newbie, wouldn't even have thought to notice the 56.

Just went out to take it around the block and see if it was just in my head- started up at 100% but I hadn't moved 10 feet in my driveway before this dropped off.

Will keep an eye on it tomorrow and fingers crossed it fixes itself. Jeez louise- I don't even have 1000 miles on this yet..

Ford F-150 Lightning Reduced power with no Fault code Image (1)

Last edited:
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat 2023 Extended Range
Occupation
Marketing
This all just happened to me; I've only had this truck for a week, will have to keep my eye on that. I noticed there was no "punch" when I hit the accelerator.

Didn't think to take a picture / check this at the time; as a newbie, wouldn't even have thought to notice the 56.

Just went out to take it around the block and see if it was just in my head- started up at 100% but I hadn't moved 10 feet in my driveway before this dropped off.

Will keep an eye on it tomorrow and fingers crossed it fixes itself. Jeez louise- I don't even have 1000 miles on this yet..

Image (1).jpg
Brought my kids to school this morning, happened again immediately after beginning to move. Dropped them off, restarted and this is what i figured out

I usually drive in Sport mode bc of the brake regeneration and its a bit more fun. When I start in just normal mode and then switch over to sport, this time is was fine.

Maybe it's a software glitch associated with that. @Ford Motor Company is this a known issue?

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Image (1).jpg
Hi Ryan! I can look into your Lightning's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Lightning's VIN?

bclightning

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma 4X4, Explorer Sport
Has anyone figured out what is causing this? I have had my 23 Lightning ER for just over a year and experienced this issue for the first time yesterday. While stopped at a red light I turned the truck off, restarted it, and once I put it in drive it dropped from 100% power, to 66%, then 56%.

Sponsored